Cyrus Raven

Gang & Faction: Turf System

Dear Eclipse Community, 

After spending around 3-4 Months on the server I've spent a lot of time as both a civ and now a police officer. Something I always here from civilians and gang members is the lack of things to do. Well hopefully this suggestion can bring some fun change to the server. 

DISCLAIMER: I am looking to increase RP with this suggestion, it is not perfect and some aspects might not be fully thought out, so take everything written bellow as WIP and feel free to contribute with any constructive criticism 

Gang & Faction Turf System 

Outline: A new feature for the server that allows gangs to claim and own territory (not physically, but reputation-wise). The way this would work is Law Enforcement agencies would have their HQs as unclaimable turfs and the same would apply to Gang HQs (The exception to this could be an admin sanctioned massive event where one gang takes over a rival gang's base, etc)

In order to maintain a standard of RP and prevent people from spending all day gunning each other down, there would have to be a set period of time to be able to claim a turf. (Example: A gang claims the mount chiliad turf, that turf is now unable to be claimed for a [Insert Reasonable Time period], turfs would take [Insert an adequate amount of time] to claim and during that time both gangs would have to fight for superiority and ownership)

[WIP Addition], maybe add perks so gangs have an incentive besides recognition, to balance this out gangs with inferior numbers would be given certain handicaps (Like reduced cap time or x0.10 increased damage) to discourage big gangs and encourage smaller or equal numbered gangs.

Commands: /turf command could be used as a toggle to show currently owned turfs on your map, similar to GTA SA's turf system

bbilk2u.png

/captureturf to starting capturing territory and /secureturf to defend it from a gang trying to capture it.

This is the rough outline, leave suggestions bellow and preferable keep in mind an increase in the quality of RP and not such how much fun this suggestion could bring, as mentioned before my goal isn't to have gangs running around shooting each other over turfs and then not doing anything else on the server. 

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Donovan said:

This has been on the server in the past but it was removed when the gangs were re-designed and official status introduced.

I wasn't aware, how did it work ? Was it chaos or was it just scrapped in favor of a new system ? Do you see this being implemented in addition to the current system if done well ?

It's hard to say how would it work with all new features on the server, it basically worked by having locations which would have a certain amount of health, every gang member up to a certain limit ( I believe it was 7 if I remember correctly ) would remove a certain amount of hp from it, the gang who owns the turf would be receiving rewards for having it etc. Personally I think it would work great if it was re-introduced and would make crim gameplay a lot more interesting outside of regular rp 🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Donovan said:

It's how to say how would it work with all new features on the server, it basically worked by having locations which would have a certain amount of health, every gang member up to a certain limit ( I believe it was 7 if I remember correctly ) would remove a certain amount of hp from it, the gang who owns the turf would be receiving rewards for having it etc. Personally I think it would work great if it was re-introduced and would make crim gameplay a lot more interesting outside of regular rp 🙂

Good to know, since you have experience with that old system feel free to add anything you think is vital!

Would be nice to see this thing into the server , so only 4+ members and only leaders could start take these turfs down . 

Some kind a rules how many members should be on the turff to start take it down and take it back.. 

Only IC Rules , nothing OOC 

Just like it was in Samp times , It was interesting and fun to take care of these turfs and fight with other gangs . 

When you go in Turn you should make everything with Roleplay 

Edited by Chris Bluestone

+1

Faction F4 menus should be active for anyone, with official only adding a ton of benefits, like turf.

Turfs could be active allowing one F4 group to own a maximum of one and official groups owning many.

Turfs could be captured by naturally spending time in that area under a faction that is not government. So there are less DM/Fight issues. It naturally would fall to individuals who may own the homes or hang out there.

Edited by Xoza
  • Upvote 1

This is much needed from a civilian, gang and law enforcement perspective. It's so important that gangs have something to fight for, against each other.
RP is #1 but controlled action is needed too or else people get bored. Why hang around the bank when you can post up in the hood?

We don't need more dm. There's much dm in the server already, if you try to fight someone and have rp with that they will instantly pull gun out and gun you down, if you try to interact with gang members someone will come and gun you down and so on. There's actually stuff to do, but everyone here wants cash but not fun.

I like the idea, but what if a gang takes over a bunch of homes that they don't own? would this present problems for the home owners who just want to come home? Also, what kind of actions would be considered okay to shoot someone over in this scenario? Would trespassing be enough?

Edited by PurplePlant

1 hour ago, PurplePlant said:

I like the idea, but what if a gang takes over a bunch of homes that they don't own? would this present problems for the home owners who just want to come home? Also, what kind of actions would be considered okay to shoot someone over in this scenario? Would trespassing be enough?

This is a valid question. I'm not quite sure how it would be done. Off the top of my head, We could have key areas that are unowned that would represent a turf. So let's say Balas own Jefferson, the surrounding area would technically be their ''turf'', but the spot in which other gangs capture the turf and they have to defend would be somewhere public so there isn't constant gunfights going on at people's homes. Having said this, I also think that a part of living in a turf would be the inevitable roleplay with gangs. 

In more fancy areas like Rockford hills, there wouldn't be any turfs at all for realism sake. So we would be looking mainly at run-down parts of Los Santos.

These are just a few quick thoughts on the subject.

Will never happen considering if they allowed it the council would just take over everything all the time. It's way too big now to make it like that without breaking groups up and putting caps on gang size. That would piss off a lot of people but would help the server long term.

A lot of staff play as gang members and police for the most part so they won't see our end of it. 

On 8/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, Balastas said:

There's actually stuff to do, but everyone here wants cash but not fun.

I agree on that partially. I do agree that some people just play on ECRP to make cash for some reason and maybe they think that its fun but I feel that its out of place in a RP server. I’ve had multiple encounters where instead of just robbing someone I make some RP (e.g. /me kicks him off his feet) and some people just say that they “don’t have time” for that kind of stuff and for me to just get on with robbing him so he can go back to delivering packages.

• Like 1