Yputi

Removing selected furniture option

Hello!
Lately I've been decorating houses and adding loads of furniture from the furniture store. When I placed stuff that I want to remove afterwards, I will have to do /removefurniture which will remove the piece of furniture that is the closest to me and make it to an item I can pick up. I think many people have the same issue sometimes where you stand on a custom placed floor, under a custom ceiling, close to other times you have placed while you want to remove a floating piece of wall for example... I basically have to nuke 50% of my interior to have the item I want removed, using that command.

I was hoping that it would be possible to add a 'remove furniture' option to the CTRL + X combination. As where this is also used to select vehicles, selecting players to follow and more, I thought maybe  having a 'remove furniture' option included in there aswell could help a lot so you can specificly select furniture to remove. 
When you select a vehicle, it will say on the bottom of you screen what vehicle model you are hovering over with your cursor, and when you actually select it the chat will appear with the vehicle selected. Furniture items also have unique names. Although some will be hard to tell appart, I still believe this would be a great addition to have.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 8

+1

There should be a 'build mode' you can enable, which could turn on construction hover text on all items, then you can use that text to pick up those items.

In addition, we need coordinate numbers, we can type in for rotations and locations to place items! This would reduce a lot of placing and picking up, this could also be a hover text like "Refine Position" or something.

As said in the title. Right now you use /removefurniture and it is a PAIN, you never remove what you want to remove @Awazki can understand the pain after we spent 1 hour in changing a simple door since we removed half the building. Adding the "remove" function in the UI and removing the /removefurniture function.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Big +1

Maybe something like having CTRL + X to select walls, roofs, floors etc, with the option to move/remove.

Then for objects that use the World UI, such as any storage, doors and so on, have a dismantle option on the UI, same as how it is for tables and such.

Edited by MPheonix

1 year old thread and I'm still giving it a +1. Nuking half my building to remove one small spotlight or something is not how it should work. ctrl+x menu would be ideal for someone who likes building. Might make peoples buildings nicer too as they wouldn't have to live with small mistakes due to being too scared to /removefurniture