ViktorR

Bringing back the turfs

Hello everyone,

So my suggestion is gonna be the same as the title, bring back the turfs and make it the same as it was before.
I have been playing here for about 9 months, have seen how the server progressed forwards with rules, new updates, etc. Everything seems moving forward except for the activities for the gangs, yeah roleplay is based on your imaginations and scripts wouldn't do a big impact, yes I can agree on that, BUT if you are playing in the same community/server for over 6, 9, 12 or 24 months, scripts become important because they can improve the roleplay a lot and make a lot more roleplay scenarios that it had before. 

I was thinking about making this kind of offer a long time ago but didn't believe that my suggestion will see the daylight and become reality, but I know one thing, the server is still alive until it has players in it, so if all of us gave our opinion about it and show a lot of support I believe we could get this thing done.

The problem:
yeah so coming to the problem, you are in a gang or you have a gang and all you can do with the gang is rob stores, make drugs, chop cars, using your imagination and roleplay some deals, etc. All good, but there comes a time, when you get bored of it and especially if you have a big crew and you want something new. Also now as rival gangs are fighting each other it also became kind of forum war of reports, because you get pissed that you lose an AK or a shotgun, even though you know that you were in the situation and knew what will happen because you are in a war with that gang, but you just lost a gun, got killed and you think that another player didn't give demands or maybe he killed you with a car and broke some rules, what people do next? goes and puts a forum report, which requires admin time, players time and let's be honest at some point it becomes so boring and starts pissing you off.  

Also another question, how the winner of the war is going to be decided? when the rivals gang members would leave the server? make CK and create another character and go to a different gang? or until all of the people who are in war get banned?

OFFER:
My offer would save admin and players time and also increase the roleplay experience for criminals.
Turfs - is a territory owned by a gang, it would have 3 main points and if you capture all of it with your gang members, the turf would be lost and belong to another gang.
Bring back the turfs as it was before with some additional rules, as for example:
1. Only official gangs could have a turf.
2. Only with serious reason gang could go to war vs another gang.
3. If the rival gang is taking your turf in that zone everyone would be granted DM/KOS on the players who are taking the turf.
4. All the gang members who are at war must wear their gang clothing/colors/masks.
5. To allow the player to take the turf minimum online members per day should be 8-10.
6. If the faction goes inactive (doesn't have stable 8-10 online players) in two weeks the turf would become neutral and any official gang could take it for themselves. 
7. If you own a territory in which there is a general store - if someone robs it, you would lose income to the treasury money, if you have a territory were is a drug selling point and no one sells anything there, because they are getting robbed, you would not get any additional money to the treasury from there, etc. 

Just the basic rules, everything could be changed, edited.

Cheers! let's make it work guys! show your support.

Edited by ViktorR
  • PogU 2
  • Upvote 5

+1 on the idea but -1 on:

2. Only with serious reason gang could go to war vs another gang. (define "serious" I just don't like this suggestion the most)
4. All the gang members who are at war must wear their gang clothing/colors/masks. (some factions want to be hidden, why force them into clothing?)
5. To allow the player to take the turf minimum online members at that time should be 8-10. (Maybe a minimum active member count per day 10, but not at a time)

Edited by Daniel_Underwood

At the moment where is no point for official gangs to compete with each other. And it doesn't make sense at all. I fully support this idea, old system was better but it needs a lot of improvement. As it was said, only officials factions should be able to hold turf. Turfs should be about half as much as officials criminal factions. And gangs should be active, in the past it was a very big issues then inactive gangs holded turfs and it was impossible to take them because you couldn't get rp reason to take them back.

Edited by krillinas

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Underwood said:

+1 on the idea but -1 on:

2. Only with serious reason gang could go to war vs another gang. (define "serious" I just don't like this suggestion the most)
4. All the gang members who are at war must wear their gang clothing/colors/masks. (some factions want to be hidden, why force them into clothing?)
5. To allow the player to take the turf minimum online members at that time should be 8-10. (Maybe a minimum active member count per day 10, but not at a time)
6. If the faction goes inactive (doesn't have stable 8-10 online players) in two weeks the turf would become neutral and any official gang could take it for themselves. (Turfs can be taken over, why even make them neutral?)

2. serious - I am talking about good reason IC, as for example, you find out that allied gang is working with your rival gang, by selling them guns, etc. Just one of the examples, but I believe you get the point.
4. So that it wouldn't be random DM ( it is just suggestion, as I mentioned before, everything can be changed, fixed, edited, if you have any other offer how to prevent it from happening, feel free to share it!
5. yeah, that was what I wanted to say. Gonna edit it.
6. To prevent what was happening before, treasury farming: only 2 guys join so that they wouldn't go inactive and takes the treasury, then goes off again. Also before faction had to be inactive for 2-3months so other gangs could take the turf. So it is just simply suggestion to make it neutral if the faction is dead.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.