Purmineli

increasing pistol ammo on the laptop / adding ability to scratch serial numbers off store bought guns

Cops have been raiding gun stores and ruining the market for pistols entirely
since we don't have an option to scratch serial numbers off of guns and the laptop doesn't provide enough ammo to fill even one gun in a timely matter
i suggest either increasing the ammo for pistols on the laptop, or letting us have a command to scratch serial numbers off of store bought guns.

Increasing ammo would increase imports giving the cops the same equal opportunity to raid that drop for more of a bulk order, instead of 20 bullet orders.

Scratching the serial numbers would have a timer on it maybe 5 seconds on each gun so it wouldn't be an instant thing it would take time to scratch the numbers off of each gun
if you forget to scratch the number off of the guns than you are still putting the gun store owners at risk for selling bulk orders.

This gives people the opportunity to create more player to player gun sales / bulk sales on the server, rather than cops using /vieworders and looking at orders going certain to gun stores and following them, realistically cops wouldn't have access to see this and would need a warrant before even looking at the gun stores logs / following their orders.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 9

-1 for scratching serials off store bought guns. If you want to add another way to source pistols (or serial numberless pistols) through the laptop that is fine, but I do not think people should be abusing the scripted gun stores for this purpose. 

Everything else seems fine.

+1 for the first suggestion. Gangs are struggeling more than ever because of the war and being so short on ammo is unbelievable.

The second suggestion cannot stay on its feet by itself and the devs/founders know that.

Right now the only way for police to track weapons down is serial numbers. If you remove those it becomes a complete clown fiesta.

The ability to remove the serials should be available only if police can have another way to track guns down.

Cops raided the gun stores because you expect us to be stupid while you play nowhere near smart. It does not take a genius to find a guy with a license and start trafficking.

Edited by TheCactus

6 hours ago, Big Purm said:

Cops have been raiding gun stores and ruining the market for pistols entirely
since we don't have an option to scratch serial numbers off of guns and the laptop doesn't provide enough ammo to fill even one gun in a timely matter
i suggest either increasing the ammo for pistols on the laptop, or letting us have a command to scratch serial numbers off of store bought guns.

Increasing ammo would increase imports giving the cops the same equal opportunity to raid that drop for more of a bulk order, instead of 20 bullet orders.

Scratching the serial numbers would have a timer on it maybe 5 seconds on each gun so it wouldn't be an instant thing it would take time to scratch the numbers off of each gun
if you forget to scratch the number off of the guns than you are still putting the gun store owners at risk for selling bulk orders.

This gives people the opportunity to create more player to player gun sales / bulk sales on the server, rather than cops using /vieworders and looking at orders going certain to gun stores and following them, realistically cops wouldn't have access to see this and would need a warrant before even looking at the gun stores logs / following their orders.

Please ask around before talking. /vieworders does not exist, we request warrants for every kind of property we want to enter with the intent of seizing objects or documentation and serial numbers are the only way, at this time, to track down firearms. If no guns have serials we do not know which gun store they come from so there is no warrant, therefore weapon fiesta in Los Santos and we can do nothing about it but watch.

I consider lowering the price to 1$ and buying in bulk some very low quality RP as it is on of the most unrealistic things on the server. However we cannot look at it, cross our arms and do nothing about it just because it is not realistic.

I'd rather see more illegal drops than people gathering in a store and buying illegal firearms from a gunstore.

Your misinformation makes the suggestion as a whole look like a joke now that I read again.

Edited by TheCactus
Last line

2 hours ago, TheCactus said:

Please ask around before talking. /vieworders does not exist, we request warrants for every kind of property we want to enter with the intent of seizing objects or documentation and serial numbers are the only way, at this time, to track down firearms. If no guns have serials we do not know which gun store they come from so there is no warrant, therefore weapon fiesta in Los Santos and we can do nothing about it but watch.

I consider lowering the price to 1$ and buying in bulk some very low quality RP as it is on of the most unrealistic things on the server. However we cannot look at it, cross our arms and do nothing about it just because it is not realistic.

I'd rather see more illegal drops than people gathering in a store and buying illegal firearms from a gunstore.

Your misinformation makes the suggestion as a whole look like a joke now that I read again.

1. id like to say that /vieworders is 100% a real command used by truckers to pick up and check current orders available, and see orders in progress. anyone can use this command being a trucker or not. 

2. just because a weapon doesn't have a serial number doesn't mean it is "untraceable" cops can do forensic testing on the bullet from the rifle marking on the bullet, if the weapon was used in a prior crime.  They can also dig in deeper by doing POLICE WORK and find who and where they got the gun from, start an investigation something it seems most cops don't actually know how to do.

3. no one but you brought up the fact of $1 pistols, id also like to add that is NOT what this post is about, I also agree $1 pistols is stupid and highly unrealistic.
but this is also a simple fix of having "the government faction" employees doing random stop by's and checking logs, they deem something suspicious they contact the authorities and conduct investigation further. Example : shutting down the property and seizing all of the weapons on sight until the investigation is complete in which they seize the store completely, giving the owner the option of paying fines / jail time and if unable to do so it goes up for auction from the government.  ( just a suggestion ) 

anyway you have a nice day 🙂 

• Like 1

Huge +1 

The laptop is in the same condition , now even pistols are hard to get .

As mentioned in the other topic that has more then 200+ replies , 1 cartel and 1 mafia cant import enough weapons for themselfs .This is poor RP in my opinion small gangs what are suposed to do ? Fight with licensed pistols for 2 weeks then  melee ?

Also Cactus far as i know that issue with 1$ was solved icly 🙂 

I understand your point regarding this matter but everything is due to the laptop having -ammo so people are doing their way how they can

Edited by DimaDan

Scratching off the serial and killing off all future RP and consequences, sounds like a big desire to just win. Lets be honest, gameplay wise a 5 second timer wouldn't add anything. Gun store owners have way more responsibilities IRL.

+1 For both topics, ammo is scarce on the server, getting in a massive 30+ person shoot out sometimes with police coming into the scene, one gun lasts one maybe two firefights, then you buy a new gun because of how limited ammo is. As for weapon serial numbers getting scratched off, it's a thing that happens IRL, it isn't winning a situation and eliminating RP (it's adding it), police will have to find weapon trafficking networks, instead of just running a couple of serial numbers through the MDC, it would lead to more detective roleplay, rather than a simple search anyone cop can do. Could perhaps add another charge for a weapon with a defaced serial number. 

Edited by Jones42
Adding information

1 minute ago, Jones42 said:

+1 For both topics, ammo is scarce on the server, as for weapon serial numbers getting scratched off, it's a thing that happens IRL, it isn't winning a situation and eliminating RP (it's adding it), police will have to find weapon trafficking networks, instead of just running a couple of serial numbers through the MDC, it would lead to more detective roleplay, rather than a simple search anyone cop can do. 

Yea but in game everyone would scratch the serial number while IRL isn't really common thing to do.

Just now, SandroXiX said:

Yea but in game everyone would scratch the serial number while IRL isn't really common thing to do.

Everyone with a legal one (like myself) wouldn't need to scratch them off, IRL you buy an illegal firearm the serial number would be scratched off already. I've seen countless documentaries of gang busts where the pistols have had their serial number removed. 

6 hours ago, DimaDan said:

Huge +1 

The laptop is in the same condition , now even pistols are hard to get .

As mentioned in the other topic that has more then 200+ replies , 1 cartel and 1 mafia cant import enough weapons for themselfs .This is poor RP in my opinion small gangs what are suposed to do ? Fight with licensed pistols for 2 weeks then  melee ?

Also Cactus far as i know that issue with 1$ was solved icly 🙂 

I understand your point regarding this matter but everything is due to the laptop having -ammo so people are doing their way how they can

You're God damn right they were solved ICly. Look how many gun stores changed names and owners after the incidents 😂 I count 3 without the one where the owner got banned before he could sell it.

I agree with both suggestions. The thing is the 2nd as right now, cannot be implemented by itself, without extra support by adding another way for cops to deal with guns trafficking and removing serials.

Doing the same thing over and over bores me so I am down for changes as long as they are balanced.

Edited by TheCactus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.