HobGoblin

Legal Faction - Import legal weapon attachments.

I think legal factions should be able to get legal attachments for there weapons. For example a flashlight for their guns. Realistically flash lights ect would be able to buy for the public. And extended mags ect for SWAT and SED. A flashlight on guns could be purchased from the normal weapons shop. Or could also be limited to legal factions. 

1 minute ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

No need to buff PD further 🙂

But gangs can get them for weapons. Realistically police would be able to get them. For example the flashlight should be on the shotgun. And the SWAT should have access to a few attachments. Not all of them but sights and a small extended mag. 

If you want to implement an import system for "legal attachments" it should be done along with adding a full legal import system, this why both legal and illegal factions have to pay for their weapons. As currently they appear from thin air using /pw. This has been suggested before and would add further rp depth and realism to both sides not just one. 

Attachments is one of the unique benefits criminals get on their weapons, let's not flood out yet another market area. 

Give criminals the same 5% chance to have a leak on PD shipments as well if this were the case.

• Like 4

Just now, nixu211 said:

Again, we are talking about flashlights. Not fighter jets. 

Its not just flash lights tho is it. It will start off as just flashlights and then a carbine with a drum mag spraying down on a scene with no thought about where the bullets are going. You guys are already Overpowered and don't see any need in buffing anything, especially your FREE heavy weapons.

• Like 3

Id say its fair to give PD flash light and scopes but not mags and silencers. But before this happens I'd suggest a complete legal weapon system overhaul with an import system, treasury and storage facilities for weapons/ammunition/attachments, same as criminals. 

However, I think criminal updates should be a priority at the moment as they seem to have had nothing for a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PD would be way too OP with flashlights!

On a real note, +1 for legal imports, however it wouldn't make much RP sense having officers/SWAT collect the import - IRL it just gets delivered to the department.

I also agree that there needs to be focus on a criminal overhaul prior to new PD implementations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, reeceobz said:

You guys are already Overpowered

Yes, law-enforcement is supposed to be overpowered and I don't think this suggestion with adding flashlight or other modifications would make us any more "overpowered". 

PD has a pretty strict policy about what weapons at what rank you are allowed to use. Not like a cadet is going around with a M4 shooting down people

Edited by nixu211
  • Like 1

I'm not sure with the crosshair that any kind of sight is needed period, least of all for PD to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

My man cowell , all good g. But the thing is that this sheet is kinda not realistic. Show me a crown vic that goes 220. You have a highway unit for supers , thats cool , but wtf's w crown vics.. those are faster than supers.

Just for the record, no one in LSPD asked for crown vics to go the speed they do. The devs were playing sheriff characters and they got their cruiser buffed so we got ours buffed. Not gunna turn down improvements and i'm sure no criminal would be worrying about that shit either.

• Like 1

-1/+1 , I can understand flashlights and scopes. RPly that makes sense, but a Huge -1 for any other attachment. PD doesn’t pay for their weapons as is, which is a powerful mechanic. Whereas criminals pay for each and every attachment, not to mention there’s countless bugs around having attachments on guns. 

If PD were to get scripted weapons with attachments, i’d say to balance it out, criminals would firstly need the stripping ammo bug that removes the attachment forever to be fixed, AND PD would need to start paying small amounts from their Treasury for weapons taken out. Preferably import price of the weapon they use. 

All in all, I don’t see this as an urgent need on the server until bugs are sorted, and imports are changed. You guys get a lot as PD, and I personally think you take it for granted at times. 

• Like 1

Just so everyone understands that what you are asking (in the wrong server suggestions topic) will never be implemented: we are not keeping weapons for ourselves and selling them when we don't need them anymore. We use them to defend civilians, ourselves, and lose them when we go off duty. This is not Counter-Strike. We are never gonna pay for weapons. It would make sense for us to be able to spend money on modifications but spending our salary on weapons that the government provides is unrealistic.

Now make a new topic if you really wanna brag about it but this is not the right one.

P.S.: This topic has nothing to do with vehicles so let's keep adding ideas and express opinions about modifications. If you want to lose a crown vic stay in the city and git gud.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JakeInnit_ said:

Id say its fair to give PD flash light and scopes but not mags and silencers. But before this happens I'd suggest a complete legal weapon system overhaul with an import system, treasury and storage facilities for weapons/ammunition/attachments, same as criminals. 

However, I think criminal updates should be a priority at the moment as they seem to have had nothing for a long time. 

Is how I see it, flashlight and scopes are essentially cosmetic items due to desync but this should definitely come along side a criminal update or afterwards.

I would say +1 to flashlights and scopes as long as it costed PD and SD something. I.E. to import 10 flashlights would be the same price as importing 10 flashlights for illegal factions. Doesn't need to be a drop off, and even maybe write the script that it only charges PD money when someone gets one out and puts it on. Same way the GPS works in ambulances and cruisers

2 hours ago, MrSilky said:

Well another topic derailed, nice!

image.png.f7c5990e3292b575cfe88d37dcfdd60e.png

image.png.d54590c716d1b29fd0bb89be2e3d8461.png

Back to the initial topic please.

image.png.ae31bf1217fe06c44acf877b6c9e1489.png

image.png.20004854379fbac07bf66e43c7f8422c.png

-----

Back on topic.

LSPD/SASD having flashlights would not be a big deal, however them having extended mags would be a considerable buff, and would affect balance. Law enforcement mains are also not taking into account the opportunity cost in development time. If development time is put into this (relatively unneeded) suggestion, then criminal suggestions are pushed further back.

big -1

I ask everyone, as already mentioned previously by another staff member, that this suggestion remains on topic. The suggestion here has nothing to do with when or more criminal content is coming, which is up to the developers, or to do with vehicle speeds of PD or the speed of super cars.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.