thiggins19

Painkillers

Painkiller RP has become a little bit redundant. People are running up to medics and saying give me a painkiller and they'll have just been shot by cops. We either need analysewounds fixed, the ability to let players heal themselves to full again, or add a healing station at MD where players can get there painkillers for $500. We need something to stop the NON-RP of just running to medics for a quick /heal so "we can drive back to the gun fight and gun more people down"

EDIT: Speaking to my colleagues we also like the idea of painkillers healing over time instead of just a full heal immediately.  

Edited by thiggins19
added a new suggestion
  • Like 5

+1. Painkiller rp is both distracting, and non beneficial to workers at MD due to the fact that we gain no money from it. It would help MD financially if we were able to charge to give painkillers so that they would be more inclined to go get their own food/water to heal up. Painkillers are certainly abused, and it happens so often.

• Like 1

+1 painkiller RP is horrible. I hate being on scene with someone who needs me there and 5 or 6 people are bombarding me telling me they need pain killers now. Or when they call 911 for us to give them a painkiller. I 100% agree with painkillers healing over time, becoming a addiction, and charging patients for them. I mean we charge for methadone so we should charge for painkillers 

• Like 1

I'm all for improving the painkiller situation, but would like to ensure we don't create something that's worse for MD staff.   A lot of our RP is already repetitive, and the last thing I'd like to see is a change the results in Medics having to spend a lot more time RPing at the hospital, and forcing citizens to spend more time stuck in RP that they have no interest in.     The good thing about the current painkiller situation is that at least it's very quick for everyone involved.

One possibility that might help is to enable MD Staff to sell "emergency medical kits".     This could either be directly from medics (like methadone is now) so that Medics have a new source of income, or from a automated dispenser machine located in the hospital lobby - again, allowing the MD treasury to benefit, and eliminating non-fun RP.    This would puts costs on citizens who get themselves into situations resulting in injuries, plus it turns "give me painkillers" into "sell me a kit", which might be a bit more realistic of a reason for people to drive to the hospital, or other locations where kits could be made available for sale.

These Medical Kits would take time to apply (like drinking water does, but much longer, preventing people from healing in the middle of a battle with no risk), and then would heal over time, so that there's no instantaneous effect, forcing those who were injured in a battle to take time before they return to the battle after healing.   Citizens could carry a kit on them, so they could start the healing process where needed.   If someone is "downed", and another player wants to use BLS on them (/cpr), perhaps also make  it that they must have a medical kit on them in order to do so, and using /cpr consumes 1 kit.   Make a kit take enough inventory volume, so people can't carry more than 1 kit on them without a bag or putting extras in a vehicle.

I'm sure this could be fleshed out better, but perhaps this is the outline of a new painkiller system.

Stan 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thiggins19 said:

That has nothing to do with painkillers though.

It does tho. If we had them there would be no need to go get a painkiller just go to the illegal medic it makes more sense rp wise. Sorry I didn’t make myself clear enough for you to understand 

1 minute ago, HDKSamurai said:

It does tho. If we had them there would be no need to go get a painkiller just go to the illegal medic it makes more sense rp wise. Sorry I didn’t make myself clear enough for you to understand 

So you would just abuse painkillers from somewhere else... What doesn't make sense is being shot 3 times running to medic and then asking for painkillers. Currently there is no disadvantage to going to the medics, therefore why add illegal medics? The only disadvantage you have is if you're wanted, and even then MD doesn't control that.

45 minutes ago, Stan Abaddon said:

I'm all for improving the painkiller situation, but would like to ensure we don't create something that's worse for MD staff.   A lot of our RP is already repetitive, and the last thing I'd like to see is a change the results in Medics having to spend a lot more time RPing at the hospital, and forcing citizens to spend more time stuck in RP that they have no interest in.     The good thing about the current painkiller situation is that at least it's very quick for everyone involved.

One possibility that might help is to enable MD Staff to sell "emergency medical kits".     This could either be directly from medics (like methadone is now) so that Medics have a new source of income, or from a automated dispenser machine located in the hospital lobby - again, allowing the MD treasury to benefit, and eliminating non-fun RP.    This would puts costs on citizens who get themselves into situations resulting in injuries, plus it turns "give me painkillers" into "sell me a kit", which might be a bit more realistic of a reason for people to drive to the hospital, or other locations where kits could be made available for sale.

These Medical Kits would take time to apply (like drinking water does, but much longer, preventing people from healing in the middle of a battle with no risk), and then would heal over time, so that there's no instantaneous effect, forcing those who were injured in a battle to take time before they return to the battle after healing.   Citizens could carry a kit on them, so they could start the healing process where needed.   If someone is "downed", and another player wants to use BLS on them (/cpr), perhaps also make  it that they must have a medical kit on them in order to do so, and using /cpr consumes 1 kit.   Make a kit take enough inventory volume, so people can't carry more than 1 kit on them without a bag or putting extras in a vehicle.

I'm sure this could be fleshed out better, but perhaps this is the outline of a new painkiller system.

Stan 

I agree with something similar to this if it was used across the board, but at the same time the inventory system is already very, very inconvenient to the point it can be very game breaking. I'm not trying to force people to use up more inventory space when we've always just RP'd for /cpr and it works. The problem more so lies in the area of people running to MD after being shot and killing a cop and just RP'ing a painkiller and not willing to RP anything else. I'd much rather just address that issue than change how /cpr works as a whole too.

I am for your idea in the long run, if we had an inventory rework, but do not want to force the boring RP of selling a kit to someone too, it's going to be essentially the same thing as before except, "Medic Kit please" /do yes /acceptkit. I'd rather see people be able to heal themselves to full at this point by having full hunger and thirst than running to medics after being shot seeing as they don't RP anything to begin with and having painkillers a drug that can be dispensed by a dispenser for $500-2500 and then used as a heal over time, if you can't get to food and water.  

• Like 1

+1

Should be able to buy painkillers like Methadone from MD, although I don't think it should add an addiction. 

Or at least be able to buy bandages or something of the like from stores to be used to heal instead of going to annoy medics every time we clap ourselves falling off of our bikes. 

As a retired medic, having people call me down like a taxi while I'm code3 to a call just to ask for a painkiller was very annoying. It doesn't give the best RP experience, especially with we TRY to RP looking at injuries as people usually just want /me gives painkiller /do do they take? /do yes /heal ID and be on their way. 

Add a "Bandage" item to the general store. Allow it to heal the remaining 20% or so of HP that food & water does not heal. Put like a 15-20 second action timer on it so it's not used during combat situations. This will fix your "painkiller pls" problem. It's just annoying for us having to wait at the hospital to bother a medic just so that we can heal that extra 20% hp.

You can see previous suggestion: 

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Upvote 1

+1

I personally try to give more in-depth RP to the simple "painkiller" we hand out as medics, however people don't even read the RP. they just auto do the "/do yes" or "/do consumes painkiller"

If no new structure is implemented, I'd like it to at least be changed that you have to RP a realistic injury. People getting shot 5 times walking up to MD like "oh, painkiller plz" is incredibly, incredibly poor roleplay and us as medics would prefer unique roleplay situations. 

Medics seem more like a literal heal button on the server, rather than someone who saves your character's life. It's a roleplay server, and while it doesn't need to be an intensive roleplay scenario for someone having been shot, it should still be realistic. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.