gyrhnr

Phone should be lost when you die

Then how are you supposed to call a taxi to pick you up from pillbox? This is gonna ruin the whole point of taxis. Ain't no one calling taxis till they die...  Any taxi can confirm the amount of calls they get from pillbox.

If you want this to happen then add a phone booth infront of pillbox or something that would make things easier for you after death.

-1 you should not be forced to re purchase an item that you currently scriptly have on you at all times even after death. 

Going down this route people will start asking for car keys to be lost in death etc, this is not a 1 life rule server and let's keep it that way. 

If that was to be implemented, perhaps adding phone booths at popular areas across the map would help resolve the limitations this brings. 

On 12/19/2019 at 5:30 PM, Kris said:

I agree that you should lose your phone when your character dies.

But your character never dies. It respawns at the hospital.

So that body hat is laying response-less on the ground after not being helped by medics. That body is not "dead" Not to mention what the NLR rules read.

12. New Life Rule (NLR)

• The new life rule is triggered whenever a player’s character spawns at a hospital. Players cannot force their own death.

• The deceased character loses memory of their death, the events that caused it and the information collected in that time frame. 

• Example: A player is killed in a robbery. The player’s knowledge of the robbery, the robber and their death is not usable by the player in their new life.

• All parties involved must avoid interaction with each other for 30 minutes. A player must not return to the area of their death for that time frame or attempt to retrieve lost possessions from involved players. Official faction members may return to their HQ and resume faction duties but must abide by the NLR rules in all other ways

Seems like that is pretty dead to me.

4 minutes ago, Hootless said:

Like Polar said, Your character never dies unless you choose to CK which isn't an option anymore. Someone essentially finds you and brings you to MD when you get injured.

Again you do die or would it not make sense if "someone finds you and brings you back" you would keep 100% of your items. You don't because your dead. The argument that "your never die you respawn" is absurd as none of the other things that would follow the whole your not dead deal don't. You die. You loose your stuff.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sineye said:

Again you do die or would it not make sense if "someone finds you and brings you back" you would keep 100% of your items. You don't because your dead. The argument that "your never die you respawn" is absurd as none of the other things that would follow the whole your not dead deal don't. You die. You loose your stuff.

makes sense

30 minutes ago, Sineye said:

So that body hat is laying response-less on the ground after not being helped by medics. That body is not "dead" Not to mention what the NLR rules read.

12. New Life Rule (NLR)

• The new life rule is triggered whenever a player’s character spawns at a hospital. Players cannot force their own death.

• The deceased character loses memory of their death, the events that caused it and the information collected in that time frame. 

• Example: A player is killed in a robbery. The player’s knowledge of the robbery, the robber and their death is not usable by the player in their new life.

• All parties involved must avoid interaction with each other for 30 minutes. A player must not return to the area of their death for that time frame or attempt to retrieve lost possessions from involved players. Official faction members may return to their HQ and resume faction duties but must abide by the NLR rules in all other ways

Seems like that is pretty dead to me.

The new life rule is triggered whenever a player’s character spawns at a hospital

On 12/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, Kris said:

The new life rule is triggered whenever a player’s character spawns at a hospital

So we should RP that that person spawned then? Would the proper RP be that that person died not respawned. You are using a OOC term to describe something that is IC. I "spawn" in the server every time I log in. However I don't RP it that way. I fly in and out of the city. I think when we draw a line and say your aren't "dying" because your respawning you kill RP. Are we suppose to not rp a friend has been killed now and finished off because it is a "respawn". I will again state another rule that clearly show you die ic and it isn't a "respawn" IC

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper roleplay reason and interaction.

• Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.

• If they are not in compliance with plausible demands, attempt to escape, or call backup.

• A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.

• A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand(s).

• Vehicles cannot be used to attack a player on foot more than once, including a failed attempt.

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:

1.  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

2.   Someone is attempting to take your life.

3.   Someone is attempting to take the life of your close friend or ally, or if you have witnessed it happen.

• You must explain your reason to kill to the player IC and have OOC evidence proving your reason.

While I do agree there is a difference between a PK "player kill" and a normal death I don't believe that should be an excuse to keep one item when you loose all the rest. That is a poor argument in my opinion. If you just don't want the feature that is one thing but to -support it in an invalid way I think is unfair to the people posting the suggestion as you are taking away from their suggestion with an argument that is invalid.

Edit: Not to mention what triggers the respawn OOC? A death. And it has always been RPed that way.

When you die and respawn at the hospital you lose your stuff because otherwise there would be no point in killing someone.... but to make it easier on you you get to basically rewind 30 minutes. thats what NLR is. you still die, when you come back, that is the first time your character has ever lived, but he just transfers in and inherits the items and status of someone who died previously. This is how one of the head admins put it, if i remember correctly

essentially; If your character John Doe respawns, that is the first time John Doe has ever existed, and the person who died is not John Doe

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.