Walkers

Real Estate Ruining The Economy

My point?

I'm trying to say that there is one thing letting Eclipse roleplay down at the moment, that is the real estate. The economy is getting completely fucked over by cunts trying to make a quick yet large buck. We need some sort of company ( e.g. Dynasty 8 ) to be the main real estate control point of the city, it has clearly been shown by people on the market place that they cannot keep the prices of their houses under control but making them way too high so new players / existing players can't buy houses as the prices are skyrocket high! As I'm sure many will agree with this.

The solution?

As i mentioned before we need one company in LS ( Dynasty 8 ) to control the market place and economy. I'm currently trying to talk with the people at the San Andreas State Government about implementing this idea and helping to fix the community.

The mission?

To create a better roleplay experience for the players of ECRP and try to keep the economy at a good standard where it is realistic and more enjoyable for the players

Dynasty 8

http://dynasty8.co.uk/

DZuYC9zXcAA8ceF.thumb.jpg.e0bc4c7ac5db8b310185dfe147a7e226.jpg

The housing market is dictated by supply and demand. Giving you a sole monopoly isnt going to help.  Releasing more homes will drive the price down to some degree. I suggest releasing a batch that can only be bought by "first time buyers" (people who do not own a home and/or players up to a certain XP). These homes perhaps could be unsellable for a period of time. 

Because LS has a finite number of homes there will be a problem eventually when there are none left to release. At this point multi occupancy apartment and condos could fix that issue (tall buildings that can hold 100 apartments). 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ChuckM said:

Because LS has a finite number of homes there will be a problem eventually when there are none left to release.

Is there a certain period of time where you lose your house if you do not log on? Like 6 months? I have raided houses recently and found 15+ houses that are unlocked and the stash is directly in front of the door and empty. I don't think people are using these houses but they are owned. I would imagine this is the case for a large % of the houses in the city. 

Houses should just be placed at locations where there is a house in game, the price should be determined by the area the house is in for example houses near grove street, paleto bay or around the alamo sea will be cheaper the houses that are in the vinewood hills. Have the prices range from around 100k all the way up ti the millions so that people with heaps of money can use that money on really nice houses. 

All we really need is for more locations to be added in. 

• Like 1

-1 in my opinion the real estate is fine the way it is now. The only issue is the amount of house that are available. Once more houses become available that will balance everything out, no ones going to buy an expensive 2g when theres one available for normal price somewhere else. Which is why i think it would balance itself out.

-1 to this unfortunately. People are willing to pay the prices as the end of the day. Supply and Demand will always exist.

I also digaree with giving all of the real estate ownership to one business (which is also owned by you personally). This will just monopolise the market and in the end make you a "big buck" as at the end of the day your prices will follow supply and demand. 

The solution: Add more houses in more locations for all price ranges. I know there are already many mapped houses waiting to be implemented. 

Edited by CallumMontie

The only solution is to add in more properties, not a company that will have complete monopoly over it all. This is a simple supply and demand problem.

Houses may be limited in the game, however there are lots of apartment buildings that can hold 5, 10, 20 and more apartments in them. Simple way to do it is to add a marker at the entrance and it'll bring up a list of apartments, with an option to enter/buy them if you can. That alone could solve the housing problem for literally all players on the server. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiCarlo said:

Houses should just be placed at locations where there is a house in game, the price should be determined by the area the house is in for example houses near grove street, paleto bay or around the alamo sea will be cheaper the houses that are in the vinewood hills. Have the prices range from around 100k all the way up ti the millions so that people with heaps of money can use that money on really nice houses. 

All we really need is for more locations to be added in. 

I don't think price fixing the houses is a good solution. 

As many stated, one person controlling the price isn't the way to fix it. 

If you sold all the properties at "reasonable" prices, it would just mean you get to control who gets a house and who doesn't, because we cant outbid each other. Doesn't solve anything except let you keep costs down for your allies.

Best fix is to add more housing options, as stated above.

19 hours ago, Eshu said:

As more people join the server and play, houses will continue to rise in value. It's this thing called scarcity and supply and demand. The economy is not fucked, it's working perfectly.  

Look i own two houses and even though i have massively profited from this i think the market as it currently is is dumb, there should be apartments made for new players. Supply and demand has always worked fine on this server with reselling houses for profit but at this point its too high to where its impossible to find anything to live in unless you grind your ass off. There is a reason for why eclipse has made "suggested" prices for each house. a 2g shouldn't cost 400k. The best thing would be to add apartments which would mean lots of new citizens would be able to get a cheap place to live in and RP without ruining it for those who are rich or who have invested in expensive houses.

Edited by Vetro

29 minutes ago, Vetro said:

Look i own two houses and even though i have massively profited from this i think the market as it currently is is dumb, there should be apartments made for new players. Supply and demand has always worked fine on this server with reselling houses for profit but at this point its too high to where its impossible to find anything to live in unless you grind your ass off. There is a reason for why eclipse has made "suggested" prices for each house. a 2g shouldn't cost 400k. The best thing would be to add apartments which would mean lots of new citizens would be able to get a cheap place to live in and RP without ruining it for those who are rich or who have invested in expensive houses.

I agree they should open up many 1g apartments that way 2-4G houses keep their value. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.