dardanr

Clear all assets that the character owns on CK

CK or character kill is a really big deal for well developed characters and the consequences to it are the highest possible rp-ly.

Sadly there's people who are not that much into RP therefore they dont put real effort into their character development. 

I've personally had a case with a community member who CK-ed to avoid the IC consequences of his own actions. I'm gonna name him X, his character had snitched on mine to FIB and it lead to my character's house to get raided. It took me a couple IRL weeks to find it out IC-ly, and when I did i talked with the boss of a gang that he had recently joined, demanding 600k from him. Player X then simply declared CK cause he knew that he would be forced to pay the money or he would never be able to join one of the big gangs again. By doing this, player X saved himself 600k, and he can simply approach a gang and they have no reason IC-ly to not accept him.

This situation really made me think that we're leaving room for people who don't care about their char dev to abuse. This situation aside, does it really make sense rp-ly for a fresh character in town to magically have 3 houses 5 cars and 1m in the bank account? I personally think it doesn't therefore I suggest the admins to clear all assets that people own upon their CK.

Feel free to show your support or disagreement on this suggestion.

Edited by dardanr
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

+1 all the way, people take CK too lightly and just do it to remove their charges or to evade certain RP events ... it's dumb IMO the way it is now and people do not respect the meaning of CK, not to mention that after CKing 90% of people still talk to people they had aliased like nothing ever happened 🙂

• Upvote 3

Massive +1. I believe that if there's a valid reason to do that people should get CK'ed and lose everything. As in your example, he snitched it was his decision, it lead icly  being raided, therefore your answer was to demand money from him since you found it ic'ly, real life most likely they would be murdered. CK shouldn't be abused to avoid punishment, i would even suggest if you ck yourself or get ck'ed for a valid reason (I repeat strong IC reason, like you pay 600k for being snitch or we ck you), you should lose everything and get back  only like 10% of your money to start new life.

Edited by Scott Cleverley

Big +1, but this shouldn't just be automatically added on name change for obvious reasons, sometimes people just want to change their name.

Edit: Maybe a different menu or more in depth process to CK with previous suggestions implemented such as clearing the alias you have on everyone, and their alias of you also being cleared.

Edited by TheCanadian

Well what person did it's not very nice. But it's a part of RP I'd say. If you're doing some dirty business and get caught and get life sentence in prison or just very big debts you know you can't pay it might lead a char to some suicidal thoughts/depression or hatever and in the end lead to CK as well. It seems pretty legitimate in my eyes. But I'd say no for removing all assets instantly when person does his character kill.  Overall I believe it totally depends on persons behavior at the end of the day. You kill your old char but it depends how you act with your new one. He might just come as a new extra rich person who moved in town and bought all the stuff from 'dead' person and lives his rich life or whatever. Just depends how you play it after.

And name change for sure shouldn't be  and I believe it's usually not considered as CK as what if char just doesn't like the name his 'parents' gave him. Or person gets married. There is at least few reasons to change your name without CK. 

• Upvote 1

CKs are currently used as free "get out of jail" cards. Whenever you have an IC situation that's slightly inconvenient, you can just CK for very little cost.

I agree with the suggestion, the only thing you should keep is donator vehicles and your experience. 

+1

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

CKs are currently used as free "get out of jail" cards. Whenever you have an IC situation that's slightly inconvenient, you can just CK for very little cost.

I agree with the suggestion, the only thing you should keep is donator vehicles and your experience. 

+1

Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

+1

At the same time though if someone is just changing names to get outta charged for no reason it’s just poor rp. I don’t see an issue with people cking a character to instead play as a civilian or a criminal. I can see were you are coming from as it makes sense but then again people would just transfer assets to someone else so they don’t lose them. A name change also isn’t always a CK so implementing a scripted system would cause more hassle than anything. 

• Upvote 1

If you will delete everything what they have after CK they will leave this server and will not come back again and after 3-6 month here will be only 100 people .

I support than after CK you should change your name and life story also the alies go away from everyone who know you . 

Edited by Chris Bluestone

1 hour ago, Chrisy said:

At the same time though if someone is just changing names to get outta charged for no reason it’s just poor rp. I don’t see an issue with people cking a character to instead play as a civilian or a criminal. I can see were you are coming from as it makes sense but then again people would just transfer assets to someone else so they don’t lose them. A name change also isn’t always a CK so implementing a scripted system would cause more hassle than anything. 

Agree with that 

I would +1 this but currently law enforcement has the right to permanently fuck up a persons entire character without legal representation and there are no legal means through which to expunge, or invalidate criminal charges. This is a game, it is RP and shouldnt be taken lightly, but if we are going to use the realism card lets talk about how if you say I lose everything on CK not just aliases, that is hours and hours of my life gone because one PD officer had a bad night. Sorry there has to be SOME means of changing their ways. Right now my friend has a firearms license, works for the federal government, and has had a felony in the past... but we have in real life... courts and shit... so half of what happens to people in this game would never fly IRL and CK is the last ditch effort to recover some of a bad situation. I will +1 this with the clause that there be a statute of limitations of felony charges that removes them after time.

• Upvote 1

I had heard you can name change and role play that as a CK. Then I heard that changing your name will get you out of tickets and warrants.

Seperate the two systems and make a CK delete the character. People shouldn’t take them lightly or use them to get out of some obligation.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:52 AM, Chris Bluestone said:

If you will delete everything what they have after CK they will leave this server and will not come back again and after 3-6 month here will be only 100 people .

It is their decision to kill the character. The action should have consequences rather than benefits.

Were here to role play, not to win. If people can’t handle that they should leave, we can start getting people who prefer quality over quantity, which funnily enough would result in more people playing and staying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Linden said:

It is their decision to kill the character. The action should have consequences rather than benefits.

^ Exactly! I'd +1000 this post if I could, CK is taken way too lightly, you wanna commit suicide IC you do it properly, not just respawn with all the same shit.

+1 i actually thought that a CK was a big deal, basically losing your character because - you die. If this had consequences, like losing your jobs, ranks, assets and just getting to recreate the character (with XP) in tact, it would be really good RP wise and would add the element of death to the RP.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:23 PM, Maddog97 said:

^ Exactly! I'd +1000 this post if I could, CK is taken way too lightly, you wanna commit suicide IC you do it properly, not just respawn with all the same shit.

So what you are saying is write a will... you all act like death deletes money from the real world, it does not... and for many people death is profitable... and again I cannot be for this until they fix the inability to fight legalities, or come up with a system for expunging, because if you get a charge for a crime and live 20 years crime free, that record isnt going to stop you from getting a job, or a firearms license, but here it does... so yes to making it more involved, but only if they are willing to fix the reasons people need to CK to begin with...

On 4/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, dardanr said:

This situation aside, does it really make sense rp-ly for a fresh character in town to magically have 3 houses 5 cars and 1m in the bank account?

Google Alex Shih... or literally any child who inherited money.... yes it does make sense for somebody to move into a town after being left houses and wealth from a deceased loved one....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.