dardanr

Clear all assets that the character owns on CK

20 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

So what you are saying is write a will... you all act like death deletes money from the real world, it does not... and for many people death is profitable... and again I cannot be for this until they fix the inability to fight legalities, or come up with a system for expunging, because if you get a charge for a crime and live 20 years crime free, that record isnt going to stop you from getting a job, or a firearms license, but here it does... so yes to making it more involved, but only if they are willing to fix the reasons people need to CK to begin with...

Again, as stated above. They have a choice in CK, it's not forced upon them. 
There should be a better way to fight previous crimes off your record either by payment, wipes after a certain amount of time or something along them lines, but Character Killing is Suicide, if you commit suicide IRL you don't come back? Maybe you leave a will for people fair enough but it should be shared among friends, gang members etc. and a new character you create. You shouldn't just give all your assets down to another character it's defeating the whole point.

1 hour ago, Maddog97 said:

Again, as stated above. They have a choice in CK, it's not forced upon them. 
There should be a better way to fight previous crimes off your record either by payment, wipes after a certain amount of time or something along them lines, but Character Killing is Suicide, if you commit suicide IRL you don't come back? Maybe you leave a will for people fair enough but it should be shared among friends, gang members etc. and a new character you create. You shouldn't just give all your assets down to another character it's defeating the whole point.

Why should it be split up haha, thats not how wills work, and its not how real life works... if we strive for realism a person can will their money to anyone... or anything... or any organization... now if we are just talking about game balance I would say pay a heavy cost or wipe assets, but they better not implement this until something about criminal records is done. PD has denied me a weapons license based on "name change without a CK is not acceptable for removal of criminal charges" then meta game denied me based on that.... so sorry nobody is going to go for wipe all your assets on CK to remove charges no matter how small or ancient.... if there is a system for handling criminal records, fine, but until then a hard no on CK asset wiping.

58 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

Why should it be split up haha, thats not how wills work, and its not how real life works... if we strive for realism a person can will their money to anyone... or anything... or any organization... now if we are just talking about game balance I would say pay a heavy cost or wipe assets, but they better not implement this until something about criminal records is done. PD has denied me a weapons license based on "name change without a CK is not acceptable for removal of criminal charges" then meta game denied me based on that.... so sorry nobody is going to go for wipe all your assets on CK to remove charges no matter how small or ancient.... if there is a system for handling criminal records, fine, but until then a hard no on CK asset wiping.

I know they could, I'm not saying that, I'm basically saying it shouldn't be allowed to just pass it onto your next created character.. It should be divided equally either between your gang and your new character, or friends? And if we're going realistic, the government tax wills so you'd lose part of your asset anyway?
I think you have a valid point about the Criminal Record system, it stays there forever on this game when it should be like a 4 month (4 week IRL) period of no crime and your slate gets wiped dependent on the crime. Can't exactly expect Murder or Kidnapping to be wiped off your record can you? That would never happen in real life, so if we're discussing IRL, at least stick to the script of real life stuff, Murder never goes from your record, Kidnapping never does, Armed Robbery never does. So it's kinda realistic in a way. 
I get your point though to some extent.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, Maddog97 said:

I know they could, I'm not saying that, I'm basically saying it shouldn't be allowed to just pass it onto your next created character.. It should be divided equally either between your gang and your new character, or friends? And if we're going realistic, the government tax wills so you'd lose part of your asset anyway?
I think you have a valid point about the Criminal Record system, it stays there forever on this game when it should be like a 4 month (4 week IRL) period of no crime and your slate gets wiped dependent on the crime. Can't exactly expect Murder or Kidnapping to be wiped off your record can you? That would never happen in real life, so if we're discussing IRL, at least stick to the script of real life stuff, Murder never goes from your record, Kidnapping never does, Armed Robbery never does. So it's kinda realistic in a way. 
I get your point though to some extent. 

Think the point he's making is that in real life you have a judicial system though, in ECRP the police act as judge jury & executioner - once you're accused & charged with something it's there forever.

+1 to reworking the system to include a 'ck' option but would like to keep the option to have a name change.

Perhaps have the name change option clear you of non-felony charges, but have an option for CK which forces you to give up a certain % of your assets (over 50% at least, maybe scale it up depending on how many charges you have) in order to clear felonies.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, SA Brian Jennings said:

What's stopping someone from just transferring their assets prior to CK under this suggestion?

The fact you need to do a transfer request as transferring without any proper IC reason (a request on teh forums) is against the rules and it will be monitored.

Edited by Yputi

I think Osborn's suggestion are better. You should have option upon death and RP it accordingly. Hours of grinding in game cannot simply be deleted by some kids that leave the server tomorrow. I could totally kill someone and leave the server. That's just unfair.

After all, it's just a game. You come here to relax and RP with people. You don't come here to create a second Earth.

Edited by Trac3rZ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.