Daniel_Underwood

Armor for criminals

Make armor for criminals affordable, not 40k, not 30k, not 20k, even 10k is too much, but better then nothing, you can lose the armor for hitting a tree. Last time my suggestion was archived because it was "discussed" with past official faction leaders, well I'd like you to discuss it again or even make it a poll, how do you think paying 40k for a piece of armour is realistic? Every cop is carrying around 40k of equipment just from his Vest? Cut some slack for us criminals and give us a chance against already powerful PD.

Edited by Daniel_Underwood
  • Like 1

+1 PD have more armor at no cost, and they can RP 'getting a new one' from their cruiser refilling a the armor as needed. Criminals don't have this luxury. With the amount of ways armor can be lost the 40k price is in no way justifiable. Not to mention the criminal armor is nowhere near as much as PD.

It would be a different story if PD had an economy behind it, cost taken for each item spawned, vests, weapons, etc. But there are unlimited amounts of them.

Edited by TheCanadian

+1 Do find it weird that PD gets refreshed armour several times. How many stocks can you even have on a cruiser 😞 - Realistically you'll only have the one in your person and maybe a spare at the back of the trunk. Maybe a percentage of armour like light 20|25|30 / medium 40|50|60 / heavy 80|90|100(Full). If going to the mechanics of a heavy armour it should affect the movement of the player.

Edited by A N G E L

1 hour ago, A N G E L said:

If going to the mechanics of a heavy armour it should affect the movement of the player.

+1 You see swat chasing a suspect like fucking road runner while wearing heavy armor and heavy weapons while the one being chased has shorts and T-shirt. why armor hindering your movement is not already a feature is beyond me.

Edited by TheCanadian

9 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

The reason armor is priced high is because we don't want every single gang member to be wearing one. It's supposed to be a luxury item.

I don't think that should be a valid reasoning. How is armor a luxury item? 40k just to take 4 extra bullets isn't worth it in my opinion. I think it should definitely should be lowered, to have some sort of equality between crims and PD when it comes to something as simple as armor. You have access to snipers for example, which we don't, even though criminals IRL have access to much more than just a handful of weapons. Armour price should be lowered seeing how being a crim automatically puts yourself at a disadvantage.

+1 

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

It's supposed to be a luxury item

there is a difference between a luxury item, and an item that is for all intents and purposes absolutely fucking useless and unjustifiable of the price. As many mentioned the armor gets removed from most (if not all?) Types of damage, and with the massive desync issues it is not too difficult to lose your armor from just driving around. 40k for 25 armor is not worth the price in any measurable sense. Also to repeat the fact that PD has literally no form of economy to their expenses makes it so they get an endless supply and have not to care about their budget (which is unrealistic, obviously). 

Also as @PennyWise13x said. 40k is alot of money just to be able to eat 2-4more pistol bullets. +1 to this suggestion once again, as vest prices are in no way worth it. the only vest imports i have heard of were on the first 1-3days. since then, few if any have ordered them due to their cost vs utility.

Edited by TheCanadian

• Introduce an economy based system for the police force. They get one standard issued police vest at the start of each day (IRL) and then if they get into an altercation they have to rebuy the armor out of their own cost. (Issue a statement In Character blaming budget cuts). Ideally, this would also apply to advanced weaponry like shotguns and ARs (Keep Pistols otherwise we might have cops running around with no way to defend themselves)
  • Keep the price for the vest high, but not as high as 40k. A vest being the same price of a car is ridiculous.  

Essentially, keep a very slight edge for the PD by giving them one free vest per day, but after that it has to come out of their pockets and it should be close to the price that civilians pay for it (Maybe slight lower by a few thousand to simulate an LSPD discount that would be in place)

As the cop man in here says it's supposed to be a luxury item, if you want a cheap bulletproof vest go to the scrapyard an make one yourself, results may vary.

Really though cops are issued a vest by the goverment to protect their pawns. A mob boss doesn't give a rats *** for a lowlife like ya'll.. if you were his best friend or something he might give you the LUXURY of a BP vest . 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.