Resfiel420

Bayview vs. Bennys (Illegal faction theme(s))

Bayview will forever suffer a problem of being inactive as two rivaling mechanic companies in an isolated location versus a facility in the middle of LS... it's obvious who will win.  Now that via announcements the Faction Management team is attempting to find a new slot for Bayview but the same theme will be consistent.. the faction will be inactive staff wise and customer wise.  Bayview will always run qinto the same problem regardless of leadership, it's going to spark up and die again next owner.  New owners will not attract customers, it /might/ attract staff based on their popularity but let's be real.. Bayview is too out of the way.

I propose the following:
Delete Bayview, it's better to burn out then fade away.  They had a very good run but it's sad to see them die like this.  I do however, strongly encourage an illegal faction theme.  One faction that has been displaying car mechanic skills consistently would be The Clowns.

An illegal faction, such as Benny's could offer more illegal services:

Removal of vehicle plates until restored by police/LSC.  Repainting vehicles.  Better Bobby Pins.  Fixing car tires.  Fixing body work.  The whole point of the illegal faction type would be to offer criminals or cheap people an alternative route that is not the central of LS.  In addition, Benny's could attract waaaaaay more roleplay than they already do.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just before anyone gets mad or upset about this suggestion this person isn't affiliated with The Clowns whatsoever. While i as i leader would agree about having something like this and illegal mechanic shop that would be more of a "call person X" and he will come in to fix your stuff.  While i appreciate the thought as the faction leader i would love something like this but also as a faction leader i can see how this is unfair to other groups as this would be massive content to one official "gang" and others would get nothing. 

Would be very cool but i dont see it happening at least not until there is enough content like this for other groups as well 

1 minute ago, shiroq said:

Just before anyone gets mad or upset about this suggestion this person isn't affiliated with The Clowns whatsoever. While i as i leader would agree about having something like this and illegal mechanic shop that would be more of a "call person X" and he will come in to fix your stuff.  While i appreciate the thought as the faction leader i would love something like this but also as a faction leader i can see how this is unfair to other groups as this would be massive content to one official "gang" and others would get nothing. 

Would be very cool but i dont see it happening at least not until there is enough content like this for other groups as well 

It's unique how the clowns roleplay their mechanic shop, no other faction has their own "identity."  I don't find it unfair IMO, it'd be unfair if another faction did RP a theme and they were excluded though but currently nobody does.

-1 on the idea of removing Bayview, they actually have a lot of activity and has been improving, it's also prefered by a lot of players, I know at least. Each faction needs competition of some kind, even legal ones. Maybe they should just move Bayview to Benny's. If they insist on reducing legal factions, I could see them merging the mechanic shops into one faction instead and manning both.

+1 on having some illegal modification options for vehicles. The last option of each performance mod should be 'illegal', if your car is impounded, you lose it.

Two different ideas here, should definitely split it.

1 hour ago, Resfiel420 said:

Bayview will forever suffer a problem of being inactive as two rivaling mechanic companies in an isolated location versus a facility in the middle of LS... it's obvious who will win.  Now that via announcements the Faction Management team is attempting to find a new slot for Bayview but the same theme will be consistent.. the faction will be inactive staff wise and customer wise.  Bayview will always run qinto the same problem regardless of leadership, it's going to spark up and die again next owner.  New owners will not attract customers, it /might/ attract staff based on their popularity but let's be real.. Bayview is too out of the way.

I propose the following:
Delete Bayview, it's better to burn out then fade away.  They had a very good run but it's sad to see them die like this.  I do however, strongly encourage an illegal faction theme.  One faction that has been displaying car mechanic skills consistently would be The Clowns.

An illegal faction, such as Benny's could offer more illegal services:

Removal of vehicle plates until restored by police/LSC.  Repainting vehicles.  Better Bobby Pins.  Fixing car tires.  Fixing body work.  The whole point of the illegal faction type would be to offer criminals or cheap people an alternative route that is not the central of LS.  In addition, Benny's could attract waaaaaay more roleplay than they already do.

Thoughts?

I like the idea but i dont think it will work, Bayview has been their a long time and i think it can get the custom it needs to bring back the locals again, Only thing what stops it is the people who go their to rob them. If that stopped it will get back to where use to be.

Don't see the need for an illegal faction-job.

I don't think the location is the problem tbh.
I've worked for Bayview for really long and now work at LSC. It's at both shops is kinda... dying. Maybe at one more then the other, but I am convinced it is the job itself/employee's. As a mechanic there is sometimes not much to do in the lower positions and people only come for mods and repairs. Next to that, you do some towing (is allowed by faction). Now for some people the repair prices are too high to just come and hang. Since that price raised I noticed a decreased amount of people at LSC.
It's also not that the server has a decreasing amount of peopel joining, so that is not the issue either.

I've seen suggestions to add some things what mechanics can do like:
- Car washing
- Part pickup and delivery; Mechanics have to supply their own mechanic shops to provide repairs and mods

I think is things like that will be added it will be much more attractive to join and work at the mechanic shops + there is more reason for people to come and hang.

For the rest, Bayview doesn't look inactive to me customer wise. I am convinced it is employee wise as I see tons of bleets with things like: "Bayview open?".
Moving Bayview to Benny's wont solve that + the location is by far not as convenient as there is a lack of space to park, drive in and drive out.

But that is just what I think...

PS: I think it's more up to Bayview itself to suggest to move (if the want!). They ar ethe ones that will be affected the most in the end.

Edited by Yputi

3 hours ago, Malcolm Carter said:

Maybe Bayview could be slightly subsidised so that everything is a bit cheaper than at LSC? Like 5% so it isn't a huge deal but a nice incentive to drive a little further out. 

Bayview is 5%

Not a fan of bias though for a service that's heavily dependent in the city. Competition is good, but we don't need groups providing the only available service saying you can't get it, because you're a cop, or not in the right gang.