JayGamble

Dynamic Fishing

If I'm not mistaken this was brought up a few weeks ago as well.
With no doubt, for me this is a +1.

Actually, I've never fished in ECRP when I first started off playing. The first and last time I was fishing was when I had 100k xp on my character and robbed a guy on the pier.
This is the exact problem why Fishing needs to change in my opinion. And as of now, I believe the current system should change.

Here is the current state with fishing for players who are unaware:
The fishing job, located at the Del Perro Pier is perhaps the riskiest and annoying job in my opinion. Most of the time, it is even riskier and dangerous than the Farming Job. It does not pay that amazing and players can easily lose all of their progress.
The reason is short and simple, while fishing players have no way to retaliate, fishing is usually done by new players and is a known location. Any man can drive up to the pier in his car, walk up to the fishing area and draw a gun out. Next 5 minutes and he'll have another Pistol and 6 fish on him.

I myself have seen countless videos/in game situations in which fishermen get robbed and lose fish worth of 50 minutes.
This is by no means hard to fix. In my opinion, it is actually really easy, and a not too complex system can be built.

My suggestion is a direct expansion to Jay's short suggestion, but with a few features and ideas of its own.
I believe that the pier location should stay. However, a welcome addition would be a "fishing shop" nearby or directly at that location.

At this "fishing shop" players will be able to purchase fish bait, hooks and containers for the fish. From different bait to different hooks.
However, if a player wishes to fish at the pier he can do so for free. However, put himself at a much higher risk of being robbed. 
Once in possession of a hook, bait or containers. Players will have the option to fish at any deep water location, this can include locations such as the following (Just a few examples. More can be added if the need arises): 

1. Alamo Sea
  2. Paleto Cove
  3. Procopio Sea
  4. Tataviam Mountains (The small lake near the dam)
  5. Vespucci Beach
  6. Mirror Park (The lake)
  7. Port Of Los Santos
  8. Chumash Beach
  9. Zancudo Beach
  10. Vinewood Lake

Each one of the locations would have its own few fish, and they're rarity. A good example of this would be the following:

1. Paleto Cove = Rare but expensive fish, your chance of catching them would be extremely low, using specific bait would increase your chances.
  2. Alamo Sea = Cheap fish, easily catchable. 
  3. Procopio Sea = All kinds of fish, some being expensive which can only be caught with the use of high-quality hooks. As well as some low-quality fish, that will be easily caught and can be sold for low prices.

To make sure players can't afk farm at one location and stockpile on hundreds of fish, players would have to buy expensive hooks and bait in order to have high chances of acquiring expensive and valuable fish, some of the fish types. Would also require special containers that can have higher item volumes to balance the stockpiling of fishing up.

This can be expanded even further, but feel free to upvote this if you think this is a good suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1
I would enjoy the possibility to go on a hike with some mates, find a good spot and fish.
Maybe adding more fish shops that pays differently depending on how many players are delivering fish.
Like, if 10 players deliver their fish at Fish Shop A, Fish Shop A start to pay less for their fish ( supply and demand )

On that, a whole restaurant system could be build.

(( Red Dead Redemption: San Andreas ))

Edited by Vasquez

+1

Atleast i would have to do something in my free time, this would be really good idea to fish anywhere you like, just go into the nature, find deep waters and just throw that fishing rod and enjoy nature. Not like sitting in the pier and being scared that someone gonna rob you.

Edited by KeistuoliZ

Absolutey big +1.

I have always been a fan of fishing systems on roleplay servers. When done right, it can be a great way for a player to solo make money legally and quickly and I agree that with the diversity of the GTA 5 Map being able to fish in lakes around the map is actually pretty cool and you could probably do some cool things with this such as making certain fish more prominent in certain areas, making certain areas more popular. That might just turn it into a rob fest tho. 

Anyway, great idea.

I would love to go out on a boat with a group of friends and go fish for BIG fish 😄

Fishing could become a social pass time that has the potential to bring in good money. Alternating fishing zones could have different types of fish, some small crappy ones, others massive highly valuable ones. People would be encouraged to go explore fishing areas in boats to find the best area to fish.

Piracy could also be a good avenue for roleplay with pirates looking to rob people for their fish.

Fishing limits could also be introduced with the cops going out on boats looking for people "overfishing"

Edited by DeanThompson
  • Upvote 1