Bala

The Criminal Update III [Rules/DEV]

Coming from the LEO side myself I love this as I see way to many people just bored. Jumping on cars and doing just stupid shit b/c they literally have nothing to do, it's a pain for us and I feel for these guys.

Also wanted to hit up the issue of rewarding factions for their RP and coordination skills, I love this as it makes everyone strive for a better experience.

+1 without hesitance

• Upvote 1

One thing that I want to bring up... with the house robbery thing, it would open the door for significant griefing once a person's house was found. It would encourage people continuously rob the same house to target a certain player. If the robbery was simply a house interior with some randomly generated items I think that's a lot different.

+1

I've been a crim and currently am an LEO. Criminals are essential to the server. The reason I believe, at least for myself, criminals don't want to go to DOC and hates lengthy sentences is that DOC offers little to no roleplay. It consists of DM rights being violated and people being robbed 24/7. Especially in the later hours when there's not enough guards to actively initiate roleplay. It's boring. It sucks.

+1 - These are some great changes.

But i think some stuff on a basic level needs to change. one of the things is punishments. 

On 8/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, Bala said:

Introduce Expiry Period for Rule Break Punishments.

My friend @Phil McGee made a great suggestion regarding punishments and admins records in his thread:

This Suggestion was posted over a year and a half ago and received good community support, Yet it has not received any sort of admin/dev acknowledgement in regards to how they think it should be handled. Another issue is that Almost all gang wars, sooner or later just turn into forums wars where one side just tries to get the other banned and i think implenting something like this could combat that.

I've seen a couple comments like "Doesn't seem like it will change anything though there has been no announcement anything will ever change maybe they lost hope?" and I can understand there being a certain amount of scepticism from some of our player-base regarding meaningful changes. But, you have to keep an open mind about these things.

I have absolutely no say in any decision making, be it development or the rules. I'm just a part of the modding team and I like to post my ideas because they are things I think would make the server better. So, that's the beginning and end of my involvement in the process and I don't want to pretend anything different.

That being said, I've had positive discussions and feedback from the developers regarding these threads. You will likely have seen the update in #development with the stackable drug items, which is certainly a step in the right direction. So, the idea of implementing some of these ideas or things for criminals is very much on the table at this moment in time.

I haven't heard anything back from senior staff regarding this thread unfortunately, but i'd imagine they have their own internal conversations regarding where the rules could be improved. 

Thank you to every one that supported the thread but like I said, just keep an open mind and see what happens. 

• Like 6

As someone who was adamant in improving this server, thank you for your continued efforts and passion. You continue to voice many if not ALL of the concerns and suggestions that many players of the community have voiced in the past, and added gasoline into the dying flames of suggestions. Keep doing you @Bala !!  👍

I support this entire suggestion for what it is and more!!!

Edited by Percival
  • Like 2

+1

I agree with most of these and I do think this took a lot of time to make up and put this all together and to be honest it is one of the best suggestions I have seen.

One thing that I do largely disagree with you on is the robbery zones I feel that the current robbery rules although are hard for new players to fully understand I think the high risk/high reward system works fine. The main reason I disagree with this is other servers have these types of zones and all it turns into is a DM zone I could quickly see gangs constantly patrolling these zones and will quickly turn into bad quality roleplay with little to no rp backing it other than being in a zone where the ooc rules are swayed a bit. Not to mention the absolute headache this would be for new players and the administration team. I think the forums would quickly erupt in reports in players not fully understanding the quite complex system this is. How would players know which neighborhoods or places are green, yellow or red? I don't think anyone could remember what zone every street is. It's simply too complex in my opinion. The reason labs and chop shops work is because there is a reason to be there if you're in a drug lab your either cooking on the table and farming the plants or waiting for a clueless player to stroll in and begin the rp there. I just see this addition causing more harm then good the main reason I find this server enjoyable is the strict rules enforced within it. I enjoy building rp or having a reason to rob a player rather than just patrolling the closest "red zone" to be able to rob anyone on sight. Maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion I just don't think the server needs this.

Other then that I think you did a absolute perfect job making this. Its full of great ideas and I really hope to see some of these suggestions added to help crims enjoy different rp experiences they haven't experienced yet on this server good job Bala. 

Folk are going to have differing points of view on specific things but for the most part, I think people seem to dig the suggestions which is nice.

More so though, I think people are just so ready for change, period. It's not necessarily even just specifically my changes, just that we all need a bit of a shake up.