Osborn

Weapon Attachments for Faction Guns

On 7/14/2020 at 10:28 AM, ParsaPelox said:

-1 PD and SD already OP + the fact that all those come for free 

just imagine 150 ammo on EACH of your guns + extended and lets forget about the part that some of these players abuse the /pw script and have unlimited ammo for FREE.

Thats a FAT no to this suggestion or else lets pay for what you get as PD officer or buff crim aswell instead of nerf'ing it

*chooses to ignore the part where every PD in this thread has said no to extended mag, recignizing how OP it is*

Why even bother replying if you're not gonna read what is being said... 

Also +1, like the idea. Some people have said that most items besides the extended mag are cosmetic which I'm not 100% sure on. I was under the impression grips and laser sight did something to weapon stats, might be wrong, will check and update in a bit. 

Edited by Kyle White Raven

On 8/1/2020 at 2:41 PM, alexalex303 said:

Since attachments now sync properly, even on backs, they've made scenarios that much more immersive. I'd like to see law enforcement attachments, especially flashlights.

+1, it really makes sense for an officer to have a flashlight on his pistol or shotgun.

+1

Maybe have officers buy these items from the armory/commissary. When they turn it in or a weapon in with it on it, they get their money back.

Only specific ranks / departments have access to specific attachments. Maybe allow only one attachment at a time, permitting them to adapt.

• Everyone gets a flashlight.
  • Only on duty SWAT can use a clip.
  • Tiered ranks can get grips and scopes.
  • Detectives get Silencers 😉
Edited by Xoza

flash lights are 90% cosmetics. scopes and grips are for swat. where most people are not in. extend mags are iffy, but dont really do much due to most likely only being for swat. and silencers  would most likely not get used. how does this buff pd? 

-1 PD is already strong

pd is only strong bc we get some free stuff. But these only level the play field when we are fight against gangs who have all of this stuff. So.. gangs are way stronger in numbers most times. And they have fully kitted out heavies. how is this fair?

-1 PD is already way too overpowered, the cops that say criminals win are clearly misinformed. Although we as criminals may KILL enough cops to EVADE, we still face charges that can be added through "investigative" work apart from the fact that ammo is expensive as fuck and there will most if not all of the time be casualties on our side. On the contrary, cops that lose a fight take a hit to their ego and about 30 minutes of NLR that consists of sitting at an HQ chatting with a couple of buddies while we sit at hospitals for 30 minutes or in jail for hours on end. 

Cops don't need more attachments, although most cops don't want extended mags and I know that, I just want to say that it is a huge thing that we criminals have to level the playing field and taking it away would only make it harder. Silencers, as small of a thing they are can play a huge factor in a gun fight against cops because they would be able to ambush. SWAT having it is even worse, they're already dressed all black and in camo, no need to be even more stealthy when criminals are already at a major disadvantage during any gun fight. The only attachment I could see fitting is the flashlight though I know for a fact it will be spammed and it will be used to blind people by using the massive number of cops the PD has to shine lights in everyone's face and further render our own advantages useless.

to summarize, no attachments for cops, criminals need something to level the playing field especially since they go out of their own pockets to get these luxuries.

pd is only strong bc we get some free stuff. But these only level the play field when we are fight against gangs who have all of this stuff. So.. gangs are way stronger in numbers most times. And they have fully kitted out heavies. how is this fair?

PD always wins. Because if a police officer dies, he loses nothing. But if a criminal get injured by the police. He loses all the weapons(maybe around 60k you know how hard is it to get that money ?) he has. In 95% of cases, he is not given a death rp. It takes at least 2 hours from the time of that player to transfer to prison, maybe even longer. And the total fine he has to pay. The number of hours he has to stay in jail. And the big problem is that even if he kills a police officer at that time, he is still a loser because he may use more than 40 bullets to kill him, and this entails very heavy costs in the case of heavy weapons. But what does he get in return for killing the police? Nothing because the police can not be looted. The police do not do their main job of securing the city. Before the robbery rules. If a citizen requested to check the drop-off location . 80% of them rejected your request. In my opinion, in case of death, the police should pay a percentage of all the value of the guns as a penalty for the loss.

Edited by Qiang
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

PD always wins. Because if a police officer dies, he loses nothing. But if a criminal get injured by the police. He loses all the weapons(maybe around 60k you know how hard is it to get that money ?) he has. 

First of pd does not always win. I have seen more gang shoots were pd have lost serious numbers which hurts due to have less numbers if we have to deal with the gang again. Also why get yourself in a situation that would have this happen to you were you lose your stuff?

In 95% of cases, he is not given a death rp. It takes at least 2 hours from the time of that player to transfer to prison, maybe even longer.

Death rp was removed due to it promoting poor rp. Were people would ask for it with out doing any other rp and would get mad, some to even threaten form reports, if not granted 

Before the robbery rules. If a citizen requested to check the drop-off location . 80% of them rejected your request. In my opinion, in case of death, the police should pay a percentage of all the value of the guns as a penalty for the loss.

People forget to release the amount of Leo there are duty to the number of players in the city. Also securing the city would included keeping heavy weapons limited. And if there are little units in duty and we are busy with something why might not be able to go to the drop off location and wait for ages. 

I don’t believe there is a scripted way to do it. Also it seems like bs anyway. Due to sync issues.

If you only care about winning your at the wrong place

Big fat -1.

If you look at this without bias, you're asking for factions who spend nothing on their guns, lose nothing on death and have no sense of loss, to be given more free stuff which only makes their firearms stronger. 

PD are already way too strong and do not require any further positive modifications to their firearms.  These attachments are not simply cosmetic.

A little off topic but this is another request for strengthening gov. People need to remember that yes IRL some cops have some of these attachments, however gangs cannot interact the way they do in the server.  Want to make everything extremely realistic and directly comparable to IRL in terms of the strength of gov factions?  Congratulations you just killed the criminal RP of this server. What are cops going to use their big free guns on now?

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.