Jump to content
CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

Recommended Posts

It's impossible to escape police as you've got 7 police cars and a Heli on you in 5 seconds. Who are the police going to arrest if everyone just stopped being a crim? Cops are already so bored they're setting up bait cars to try and catch people trying to make some money. I hopped in it just to give the cops something to do.

I just want to know if there's plans to make crim life fun again?

Edited by CodyCaddel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CodyCaddel said:

It's impossible to escape police as you've got 7 police cars and a Heli on you in 5 seconds. Who are the police going to arrest if everyone just stopped being a crim? Cops are already so bored they're setting up bait cars to try and catch people trying to make some money. I hopped in it just to give the cops something to do.

I just want to know if there's plans to make crim life fun again?

haha helicopter goes brrrrrrrrrr

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are definitely ways for you guys to escape, and all I can say is that the bait cars are not that frequent 😉 We all have our reasons for playing the game, PD included! There's so much in depth that PD do that most people don't get to see. We really do with what we get at the moment, because there's a lot we can't deal with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Steve Smyth said:

There are definitely ways for you guys to escape, and all I can say is that the bait cars are not that frequent 😉 We all have our reasons for playing the game, PD included! There's so much in depth that PD do that most people don't get to see. We really do with what we get at the moment, because there's a lot we can't deal with.

Crim RP is supposed to be fun though. But it's been nerfed so much that there's just no point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're attempting to steal a vehicle that you know is being used as bait and watched by multiple officers and then complain if you can't escape these same police officers? If so, you might want to ask yourself if criminal roleplay is really your thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Roderick said:

So you're attempting to steal a vehicle that you know is being used as bait and watched by multiple officers and then complain if you can't escape these same police officers? If so, you might want to ask yourself if criminal roleplay is really your thing.

I honestly did it for a bit of fun. I should have a chance, albeit, a very minimal chance of getting away from that, but instead there's just no way it could happen with the heli out. It's mental how fast they get a heli out for a routine traffic stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking about a bait car, it's not by any chance a "routine" traffic stop. Bait car operations are a pillar of LSPD traffic enforcement, planned ahead and that chopper was most likely on standby purely for the case someone like you would take the bait and try to get away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CodyCaddel said:

It's impossible to escape police as you've got 7 police cars and a Heli on you in 5 seconds. Who are the police going to arrest if everyone just stopped being a crim? Cops are already so bored they're setting up bait cars to try and catch people trying to make some money. I hopped in it just to give the cops something to do.

I just want to know if there's plans to make crim life fun again?

If they can re-capture El Chapo and take down Pablo Escobar, what makes you think they can't catch you?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

If we're talking about a bait car, it's not by any chance a "routine" traffic stop. Bait car operations are a pillar of LSPD traffic enforcement, planned ahead and that chopper was most likely on standby purely for the case someone like you would take the bait and try to get away.

Choppers can be in any chase anywhere in the city in less than 15 seconds, it doesn't matter if it's a bait car. It's happened for a routine traffic stop just today for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it, crims shouldn't always be aiming for on-the-fly criminal activity. RP could be super interesting if gangs put a lot of planning into some crimes, like planting getaway vehicles, stationing people as distractions or something.

I definitely don't want to say this kind of stuff doesn't already happen as I don't main PD nor crim, this is just me adding to discussion. But things such as 7 police cars and a heli on you in 5 seconds could be avoided with the right prep since a lot of people forget that's one of the main advantages crims have over PD, foreknowledge of the activity and prep time.

Edited by DrPathetic
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DrPathetic said:

The way I see it, crims shouldn't always be aiming for on-the-fly criminal activity. RP could be super interesting if gangs put a lot of planning into some crimes, like planting getaway vehicles, stationing people as distractions or something.

I definitely don't want to say this kind of stuff doesn't already happen. But things such as 7 police cars and a heli on you in 5 seconds could be avoided with the right prep since a lot of people forget that's one of the main advantages crims have over PD, foreknowledge of the activity and prep time.

Yeah I agree crims can be smarter to give themselves an advantage, but when the only vehicles that can successfully get away from PD (even with a lot of hassle) is something that costs a bomb, 99% of people trying to work their way up don't have that kind of money. It's ok saying "stationing people as distractions" in theory, but in game, it just will never pan out like that.

Edited by CodyCaddel
Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, you guys are out there wearing the same clothes, driving the same cars, hanging at the same places with the same people, wearing the same masks doing the exact same thing every day and you wonder why it's easy to find you.

There's no script solution to a mindset problem.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bala said:

At the end of the day, you guys are out there wearing the same clothes, driving the same cars, hanging at the same places with the same people, wearing the same masks doing the exact same thing every day and you wonder why it's easy to find you.

There's no script solution to a mindset problem.

But we aren't. We don't hang around with anyone, hang around the same places, wear the same masks, or even do the same things every day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

lol good luck on getting pd nerfed, they're just gonna get buffed - for example when we finally got turfs back after 2 years and gun / ammo supply was where it should've been long time ago they just had to buff swat hp from 250 to 300  

That's incorrect. Nothing has changed regarding SWAT health/armour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

Are you sure? It was 3/4 of the bar and now it's a full bar the person that showed me the video was a swat member and they said it has been buffed 

The thing that changed was that you can now buy the same vest that regular officers use, eliminating any OOC advantage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, Bala said:

If they can re-capture El Chapo and take down Pablo Escobar, what makes you think they can't catch you?

Do you not see the false equivalence? Genuinely unsure as to whether you were trying to engage in honest discussion rather posting a "gotcha" reply - there's a huge difference in resources between a man that literally made 25-30 billion from drug sales or your average felony evader - are you unable to see this? 

23 hours ago, DrPathetic said:

. RP could be super interesting if gangs put a lot of planning into some crimes, like planting getaway vehicles

You know, RP is super interesting, and in fact gangs do this, it's a very ripe tactic to avoid PD by planning Drags to evade - and continuously, PD "accidentally" ram you or the drag, or both.

Edited by Solomun
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

Law Enforcement Officers in supercars btw

To counter that; criminals in vehicles worth easily over two million dollars for even the pettiest crimes while having their graphics set to the absolut minimum for that extra few km/h btw.

And in my opinion that's exactly where the slippery slope starts. Right now most criminals have access to vehicles that can escape regular police cruisers purely based on speed. To counter that phenomenon, PD/SD have been given special vehicles that can keep up with those other vehicles.

The only thing this does is
a. make the roleplay more unrealistic from both sides
b. upping the threshold for any newer player that wants to be into criminal roleplay

Personally I wouldn't be against a total vehicle overhaul in order to negate these issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Roderick said:

To counter that; criminals in vehicles worth easily over two million dollars for even the pettiest crimes while having their graphics set to the absolut minimum for that extra few km/h btw.

And in my opinion that's exactly where the slippery slope starts. Right now most criminals have access to vehicles that can escape regular police cruisers purely based on speed. To counter that phenomenon, PD/SD have been given special vehicles that can keep up with those other vehicles.

The only thing this does is
a. make the roleplay more unrealistic from both sides
b. upping the threshold for any newer player that wants to be into criminal roleplay

Personally I wouldn't be against a total vehicle overhaul in order to negate these issues.

1). I agree that crims using multi-million dollar vehicles for petty crimes can be unrealistic. In one of my reports, the reported parties got warnings for conducting a pointless and fruitless robbery in 20mil cars.

2). Crims have those vehicles because of the money they make. PD has a budget they have to adhere to, and buying supercars for the force is unrealistic. PD should not have drags and supercars

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.