CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

It's impossible to escape police as you've got 7 police cars and a Heli on you in 5 seconds. Who are the police going to arrest if everyone just stopped being a crim? Cops are already so bored they're setting up bait cars to try and catch people trying to make some money. I hopped in it just to give the cops something to do.

I just want to know if there's plans to make crim life fun again?

Edited by CodyCaddel
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CodyCaddel said:

It's impossible to escape police as you've got 7 police cars and a Heli on you in 5 seconds. Who are the police going to arrest if everyone just stopped being a crim? Cops are already so bored they're setting up bait cars to try and catch people trying to make some money. I hopped in it just to give the cops something to do.

haha helicopter goes brrrrrrrrrr

• Like 4

There are definitely ways for you guys to escape, and all I can say is that the bait cars are not that frequent 😉 We all have our reasons for playing the game, PD included! There's so much in depth that PD do that most people don't get to see. We really do with what we get at the moment, because there's a lot we can't deal with.

52 minutes ago, Steve Smyth said:

There are definitely ways for you guys to escape, and all I can say is that the bait cars are not that frequent 😉 We all have our reasons for playing the game, PD included! There's so much in depth that PD do that most people don't get to see. We really do with what we get at the moment, because there's a lot we can't deal with.

Crim RP is supposed to be fun though. But it's been nerfed so much that there's just no point.

8 minutes ago, Roderick said:

So you're attempting to steal a vehicle that you know is being used as bait and watched by multiple officers and then complain if you can't escape these same police officers? If so, you might want to ask yourself if criminal roleplay is really your thing.

I honestly did it for a bit of fun. I should have a chance, albeit, a very minimal chance of getting away from that, but instead there's just no way it could happen with the heli out. It's mental how fast they get a heli out for a routine traffic stop.

If we're talking about a bait car, it's not by any chance a "routine" traffic stop. Bait car operations are a pillar of LSPD traffic enforcement, planned ahead and that chopper was most likely on standby purely for the case someone like you would take the bait and try to get away.

18 hours ago, CodyCaddel said:

If they can re-capture El Chapo and take down Pablo Escobar, what makes you think they can't catch you?

• Like 2
  • NAY 1

2 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

If we're talking about a bait car, it's not by any chance a "routine" traffic stop. Bait car operations are a pillar of LSPD traffic enforcement, planned ahead and that chopper was most likely on standby purely for the case someone like you would take the bait and try to get away.

Choppers can be in any chase anywhere in the city in less than 15 seconds, it doesn't matter if it's a bait car. It's happened for a routine traffic stop just today for me.

The way I see it, crims shouldn't always be aiming for on-the-fly criminal activity. RP could be super interesting if gangs put a lot of planning into some crimes, like planting getaway vehicles, stationing people as distractions or something.

I definitely don't want to say this kind of stuff doesn't already happen as I don't main PD nor crim, this is just me adding to discussion. But things such as 7 police cars and a heli on you in 5 seconds could be avoided with the right prep since a lot of people forget that's one of the main advantages crims have over PD, foreknowledge of the activity and prep time.

Edited by DrPathetic
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DrPathetic said:

The way I see it, crims shouldn't always be aiming for on-the-fly criminal activity. RP could be super interesting if gangs put a lot of planning into some crimes, like planting getaway vehicles, stationing people as distractions or something.

I definitely don't want to say this kind of stuff doesn't already happen. But things such as 7 police cars and a heli on you in 5 seconds could be avoided with the right prep since a lot of people forget that's one of the main advantages crims have over PD, foreknowledge of the activity and prep time.

Yeah I agree crims can be smarter to give themselves an advantage, but when the only vehicles that can successfully get away from PD (even with a lot of hassle) is something that costs a bomb, 99% of people trying to work their way up don't have that kind of money. It's ok saying "stationing people as distractions" in theory, but in game, it just will never pan out like that.

Edited by CodyCaddel

At the end of the day, you guys are out there wearing the same clothes, driving the same cars, hanging at the same places with the same people, wearing the same masks doing the exact same thing every day and you wonder why it's easy to find you.

There's no script solution to a mindset problem.

8 hours ago, Bala said:

At the end of the day, you guys are out there wearing the same clothes, driving the same cars, hanging at the same places with the same people, wearing the same masks doing the exact same thing every day and you wonder why it's easy to find you.

There's no script solution to a mindset problem.

But we aren't. We don't hang around with anyone, hang around the same places, wear the same masks, or even do the same things every day.

17 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

lol good luck on getting pd nerfed, they're just gonna get buffed - for example when we finally got turfs back after 2 years and gun / ammo supply was where it should've been long time ago they just had to buff swat hp from 250 to 300  

That's incorrect. Nothing has changed regarding SWAT health/armour.

1 hour ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

Are you sure? It was 3/4 of the bar and now it's a full bar the person that showed me the video was a swat member and they said it has been buffed 

The thing that changed was that you can now buy the same vest that regular officers use, eliminating any OOC advantage. 

4 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

Law Enforcement Officers in supercars btw

To counter that; criminals in vehicles worth easily over two million dollars for even the pettiest crimes while having their graphics set to the absolut minimum for that extra few km/h btw.

And in my opinion that's exactly where the slippery slope starts. Right now most criminals have access to vehicles that can escape regular police cruisers purely based on speed. To counter that phenomenon, PD/SD have been given special vehicles that can keep up with those other vehicles.

The only thing this does is
a. make the roleplay more unrealistic from both sides
b. upping the threshold for any newer player that wants to be into criminal roleplay

Personally I wouldn't be against a total vehicle overhaul in order to negate these issues.

7 minutes ago, Roderick said:

To counter that; criminals in vehicles worth easily over two million dollars for even the pettiest crimes while having their graphics set to the absolut minimum for that extra few km/h btw.

And in my opinion that's exactly where the slippery slope starts. Right now most criminals have access to vehicles that can escape regular police cruisers purely based on speed. To counter that phenomenon, PD/SD have been given special vehicles that can keep up with those other vehicles.

The only thing this does is
a. make the roleplay more unrealistic from both sides
b. upping the threshold for any newer player that wants to be into criminal roleplay

Personally I wouldn't be against a total vehicle overhaul in order to negate these issues.

1). I agree that crims using multi-million dollar vehicles for petty crimes can be unrealistic. In one of my reports, the reported parties got warnings for conducting a pointless and fruitless robbery in 20mil cars.

2). Crims have those vehicles because of the money they make. PD has a budget they have to adhere to, and buying supercars for the force is unrealistic. PD should not have drags and supercars

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

1). I agree that crims using multi-million dollar vehicles for petty crimes can be unrealistic. In one of my reports, the reported parties got warnings for conducting a pointless and fruitless robbery in 20mil cars.

2). Crims have those vehicles because of the money they make. PD has a budget they have to adhere to, and buying supercars for the force is unrealistic. PD should not have drags and supercars

The thing is, in a realistically crowded metropolitan city vehicles like that would stand out very much and would not likely be used. Aside from that if you want to go about the realistic route - will you ever see criminals in multimillion dollar vehicles being used for their criminal activities? The obvious answer is no. The same goes for supercars being used by the Police Department. 

To continue the realism - if a criminal gets caught in real life with possessions worth a lot and they have no way of showing their income the possessions will be taken away apart from being taxed over all their assumed income. 

I'm fine with your argument that the Police Department using supercars is unrealistic and I even agree. However, it sounds like you're saying it should be considered realistic that criminals would use multimillion dollar vehicles in the exercise of their criminal activities with, realistically, have a big chance of losing them instead of a relatively small impound fee which you know from ECRP. 

I can't really comprehend how you can think the one is completely unrealistic but the other one is completely fine because, in my opinion, both should be judged by the same standard. 

12 minutes ago, Roderick said:

The thing is, in a realistically crowded metropolitan city vehicles like that would stand out very much and would not likely be used. Aside from that if you want to go about the realistic route - will you ever see criminals in multimillion dollar vehicles being used for their criminal activities? The obvious answer is no. The same goes for supercars being used by the Police Department. 

To continue the realism - if a criminal gets caught in real life with possessions worth a lot and they have no way of showing their income the possessions will be taken away apart from being taxed over all their assumed income. 

I'm fine with your argument that the Police Department using supercars is unrealistic and I even agree. However, it sounds like you're saying it should be considered realistic that criminals would use multimillion dollar vehicles in the exercise of their criminal activities with, realistically, have a big chance of losing them instead of a relatively small impound fee which you know from ECRP. 

I can't really comprehend how you can think the one is completely unrealistic but the other one is completely fine because, in my opinion, both should be judged by the same standard. 

With it still being a video game, you have to expect that a criminal character will spend their time doing criminal activities. There only so much recreational rp one can do before returning to criminal activities, because that's where the majority of their rp, income and politics comes from. They work hard for cash, and the reward is having vehicles that can out perform PD and enemies, so I believe it makes perfect sense for them to be able to use them vehicles in criminal activities. It would only really make sense to downgrade if you were doing some undercover or covert rp

9 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

They work hard for cash, and the reward is having vehicles that can out perform PD and enemies, so I believe it makes perfect sense for them to be able to use them vehicles in criminal activities.

And that's exactly my point. I get that it's a video game and let's face it, all of us are here for one simple thing: fun. But we obviously disagree on a very simple, though fundamental point in discussions like these. I would like to have both sides judged by the same realism standard, whereas you're mostly appealing to only limit your ingame opposition.