CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

Everything described in the OP just makes me think you're looking for an easy way to go about doing crimes all over the city. I understand when people complain about some of the equipment we get, lack of justice system, etc... even if I disagree with them. However, your case doesn't even apply, it seems like you want to dumb down PD players and make them give you a chance to escape even when they have gone through the IC effort of setting something up or calling for backup. 

That's not ''nerfing PD'' via script changes or by adding stuff to the civilian/criminal side, that's wanting to limit how players take and use IC information and act on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Flucifial said:

It's usually impossible to escape police IRL too, to be fair. 

are we really taking everything ''IRL'' it is still a game where people trying to have fun and not 8 police cruiser 1 811 (15MIL car) and a chopper after you and you know you gonna go to jail for like 2-3 hours come on a litlle to much.

10 hours ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

are we really taking everything ''IRL'' it is still a game where people trying to have fun and not 8 police cruiser 1 811 (15MIL car) and a chopper after you and you know you gonna go to jail for like 2-3 hours come on a litlle to much.

I mean shit all you gotta do is not get caught, just don't play bad 😂 Point of the game is to simulate a life of your character yo. 

12 hours ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

PD with a 811 (15mil car) going off road yea it happend with me😑

Find me someone willing to sell an 811 for 15m and every player on the server with 15m would snatch it up instantly. It's easily a 30m car and likely more.

• Upvote 2

I like how those who play on criminal characters (I am playing too) starts making posts like that. If you are going to do cirme get ready to get cought at some point. For example how can you separate off duty cop from crim ? Just look at the car, you so called ''criminals'' drive around in shitty colours that drag attention to you, wouldn't you pay attention to it ? I understand that you want PD nerfed as you could do chaos which was in server for quite a while when I first joined. If you want to RP a criminal do more research how criminals act, real (oocly and icly) criminals are not seen, they are not trying to get attention, what I mean by this is that I had situation when working as DOC when one car with gang colouring came to the gate and tried to make us ''see him'' and eventualy he got arrested for tresspasing and finding an illegal gun on him, so do you think thats crime RP ? I call it shitheads RP who are trying to make shootings and robbing people in front of PD this is not place for it, people are living alternative lives here which is based on real life systems and morale. Just put more work in criminal RP as I said we don't see many true criminals who are making good money.

4 hours ago, Flucifial said:

I mean shit all you gotta do is not get caught, just don't play bad 😂 Point of the game is to simulate a life of your character yo. 

But how if there is a 811 after and i have a elghy you think i can lose them. if you can then i will call you to drive the car so i can win every police chase 😃

Edited by AlbertoPanchino

15 minutes ago, Frezas said:

I like how those who play on criminal characters (I am playing too) starts making posts like that. If you are going to do cirme get ready to get cought at some point. For example how can you separate off duty cop from crim ? Just look at the car, you so called ''criminals'' drive around in shitty colours that drag attention to you, wouldn't you pay attention to it ? I understand that you want PD nerfed as you could do chaos which was in server for quite a while when I first joined. If you want to RP a criminal do more research how criminals act, real (oocly and icly) criminals are not seen, they are not trying to get attention, what I mean by this is that I had situation when working as DOC when one car with gang colouring came to the gate and tried to make us ''see him'' and eventualy he got arrested for tresspasing and finding an illegal gun on him, so do you think thats crime RP ? I call it shitheads RP who are trying to make shootings and robbing people in front of PD this is not place for it, people are living alternative lives here which is based on real life systems and morale. Just put more work in criminal RP as I said we don't see many true criminals who are making good money.

The problem is the guy who you guys arrested who said he is trying to show his colours nobody i think you guys have nothing to do and just pulling people over with no reason is that how rp is? and maybe go look how a real police officer or a real DOC guard are i think they are not hanging around at a criminal HQ and waiting there tell someone come outside his HQ and gonna arrest him of a illegal firearm i think in that situation that you guys trying to look for attention and for shootouts and then in the end everyone is gone cry on the forums.

Just now, AlbertoPanchino said:

The problem is the guy who you guys arrested who said he is trying to show his colours nobody i think you guys have nothing to do and just pulling people over with no reason is that how rp is? and maybe go look how a real police officer or a real DOC guard are i think they are not hanging around at a criminal HQ and waiting there tell someone come outside his HQ and gonna arrest him of a illegal firearm i think in that situation that you guys trying to look for attention and for shootouts and then in the end everyone is gone cry on the forums.

I mean you may have a point about that too, in my country is a bit different if you look sus get ready to be searched and if needed arrested so no one I mean no one is going to try and make themselves drag attention. I have no experience with PD but in DOC we get people who are clearly dragging attention and they get caught doing some stupid shit like one of them tried to steal cops car in front of PD I don't consider this as normal RP. And about ''at a criminal HQ and waiting there tell someone come outside his HQ and gonna arrest him of a illegal firearm i think in that situation that you guys trying to look for attention'' do you know how DOC works ? We are not going out of our jurisdiction and if someone tresspases to show his gang colours and shit he gets arrested.

Edited by Frezas

I wish PD had to pay for their equipment (Guns,Armor,Cars). Criminals lose their money,time if they get caught by PD,but what PD have to lose ? If they die they just run back to PD and take all the equipment again for free. I understand that PD is government funded but they should have to pay for their equipment too which might lead them to making better decisions in the future. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lyosha said:

I wish PD had to pay for their equipment (Guns,Armor,Cars). Criminals lose their money,time if they get caught by PD,but what PD have to lose ? If they die they just run back to PD and take all the equipment again for free. I understand that PD is government funded but they should have to pay for their equipment too which might lead them to making better decisions in the future. 

bruh, we are a police force, our job includes running into danger, we don't have the luxury to choose to hit labs, rob people, have gang wars, etc... We get a call and we go to it, no matter if it's some guy that lost a fishing rod at pier or if it's a gang shootout at grove. 

Criminals do have a choice, you aren't forced to do anything, you can plan before hand and decide to take the fight or not, as you have done before. Why would you charge PD for equipment when we don't have a choice on what we respond to? Not to mention that we are a government service, hand waving that seems a bit odd considering it's the core argument for PD not having to pay for equipment.

• Upvote 1

Have been through this a few times, this server doesnt seem to operate on a nerf/buff basis (except for economy) so i dont think calling on either would be useful. Would reccomend some constructive suggestions; outlining your problems and things you think may solve them. This is the most likely way to have your message heard / not give off the impression that it is just ranting over IC issues.

• Like 1

Okay, so we utilize equipment in response to a criminals actions.
You shoot we shoot back with a bigger gun..
You run away we chase you with a faster car, if we don't have a faster car we call in the heli.
You out run the heli, we use the radio and get everyone looking for you.

That 15mil 811 that chased you up a mountain, I would love to see the evidence of it, and see what you were driving. As currently if you wish to weigh the RP sense of driving an 811 up the mountain please go take a stretched hyabusa and drive up a mountain and see how you do... bet you don't make it 20feet onto the grass at 50kph let alone 200+. We respond to your level rp, if you focus on the roads we wont go off road to catch you, you go off road we will follow. 
We still don't have a car that can keep up with the comet retro when its being driven at 300+ kph which happens daily... or the Drag in the city. Even the heli cant keep up with the retro. 90% of cops play on high or ultra settings for better quality over performance unlike some of the counter parts.

As pertaining to the gang HQ... if cops knew/know of a gang hq in RL... they gonna swat raid that and throw everyone in jail for decades... not 20mins to just let them go back there. 
Surrounding losing stuff... while yes we do not lose our equipment when you kill us, as mentioned we respond to all calls based on severity level... whilst I can't speak for all the members of the faction but personally I know myself and a large portion of the faction (PD) are here for the RP, not for cops and robbers. I would take a traffic stop on a good RP'r over a shoot out every day... hell a poor RP'r traffic stop is better then a shoot out... at least there is something other then "broken legs"... (legit had someone RP a broken leg after getting shot in the back with a shotgun on a scene the other day.)

Whilst you may feel PD needs nerfed, and criminals need buffed... Criminals have it easier then they ever have, almost zero risk to getting caught on weapons imports, or manufacturing of drugs. (assuming you use some common sense) getting away from cops is not difficult if you know how and plan it out. My criminal evades in a exemplar, and I have out run the 811, the t20, and the Zentorno. It is all about knowing a route, and getting away... I have literally witnessed people evade and successfully in warners. So telling me its "impossible" to lose cops... Sorry... (at that was with multiple officers and a helicopter.)

• Upvote 2

I think most of what makes people think that cops are overpowered is the cops themselves, not the scripts that give them their powers. Most cops just cant seem to fathom not getting their way, and they have the ability to powergame much more successfully than crims without repercussions. Seems that they will do anything to win the situation and waste as much of your time as possible by putting as many charges on you as they can. 

There are however some cops out there with exceptional RP that knows how it works and doesnt just have the "im a cop so i cant be beaten" mentality. I agree with everything @Jbacon says and will personally say that his RP is above exceptional. To be able to play the "mean cop" vibe that everyone gets about him while still giving crims some slack is awesome. Even just him giving me a slightly less timed charge such as accessory instead of the full charge he could have given, makes a huge difference and i think that all cops need to take notes on it. There are just far too many cops that cant lose a situation, hence giving the whole faction a bad rep in the crim community, and not highlighting the players who actually give good police RP. 

So while the general opinion is that cops are overpowered compared to crims, it all depends on the cop you RP with. and if you get lucky then youll get one of the few special ones. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure about which 811s your talking about but when it comes to PD 811s ours do not reach that kind of speeds, I have driven the faction ones extensively. and max i have ever seen is 220 (if im lucky) that being said if someone knows the bumps and all that perhaps can push it past...

As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 

I think your mixing up PD and SD on the drags and the personal 811, as to my knowledge (and i have good tabs on all the supers) there is no PD HC (only people that can deploy personal cars for pursuits) that have an 811 sitting in the garage. Drags are not a vehicle that PD has access to, we have the standard hakachu, and only HC can permit a drag being used and to my knowledge that has occurred in sometime. But we are working on a counter measure to the drag situation as they are very difficult to catch.

As for the barricades, these are placed rather then cruisers as you all know sometimes there is desync at crazy speeds meaning things don't load in, thus because of fear rp and dm rules it was decided that a destructible barrier out both permit the player to drive through it if they are smart about it, and also prevent putting officers at risk of getting creamed at 200+kph. That being said non destructible ones will still be used on static scenes to prevent people from flying through the scene and killing everyone and potentially being reported for mass dm. (to protect players in the scene and the player that may experience desync)

PD opening fire is only for pursuits that have caused injury to a civilian, cop or has posed a TRUE threat to the public. (extend pursuit times with collisions, or risk to the public (driving on sidewalks, wrong side of the road) you will also notice that 95% of the time the shots only occur on the highways, where there is less civilian player traffic, and no residential properties. (obviously there are excruciating circumstances that can provide deviation from this.)

19 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

I'm not sure about which 811s your talking about but when it comes to PD 811s ours do not reach that kind of speeds, I have driven the faction ones extensively. and max i have ever seen is 220 (if im lucky) that being said if someone knows the bumps and all that perhaps can push it past...

As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 

I think your mixing up PD and SD on the drags and the personal 811, as to my knowledge (and i have good tabs on all the supers) there is no PD HC (only people that can deploy personal cars for pursuits) that have an 811 sitting in the garage. Drags are not a vehicle that PD has access to, we have the standard hakachu, and only HC can permit a drag being used and to my knowledge that has occurred in sometime. But we are working on a counter measure to the drag situation as they are very difficult to catch.

As for the barricades, these are placed rather then cruisers as you all know sometimes there is desync at crazy speeds meaning things don't load in, thus because of fear rp and dm rules it was decided that a destructible barrier out both permit the player to drive through it if they are smart about it, and also prevent putting officers at risk of getting creamed at 200+kph. That being said non destructible ones will still be used on static scenes to prevent people from flying through the scene and killing everyone and potentially being reported for mass dm. (to protect players in the scene and the player that may experience desync)

PD opening fire is only for pursuits that have caused injury to a civilian, cop or has posed a TRUE threat to the public. (extend pursuit times with collisions, or risk to the public (driving on sidewalks, wrong side of the road) you will also notice that 95% of the time the shots only occur on the highways, where there is less civilian player traffic, and no residential properties. (obviously there are excruciating circumstances that can provide deviation from this.)

it is still weird that the pd can use a 811 or a t20 that are supercars and i idk why the pd are followig me with a 811 OFF ROAD like come on. and when like a guy with a BF400 wanna do wielie is that then non-rp while a 15mil car going off road full speed come on that is then not non-rp that is a little to much? it is why to over the limit there is no change to lose 20police cruiser 2 811 2 t20 and a chopper after if you do succeed then you are a LEGEND lol

Edited by AlbertoPanchino

@AlbertoPanchinoIf you can provide some footage of a 811 chasing you off road whilst you were not in a supercar/sports car then I would appreciate that being sent to me so I can approach the person. Without evidence I cant act on this.

As for losing 20 police cruises 2 811 and 2 t20 and a chopper. I would like to see evidence of this as PD we have a policy, only 1 HSIU (Super) is permitted to be deployed at once... I cant speak for SD though. Please provide evidence to back your claim or stop slandering a faction as we can all slander without evidence.

Firstly that is SD, that is not PD.
Secondly you want us to not drive our sports cars/super cars off road yet you feel it is acceptable to drive your sports car off road, seems like a double standard.
The 811 did not ram you, it was struck and collided with you.
Still would love to see the one with the 4 supers though and the 20 officers and helicopter.

Based on server rules when it comes to driving off road, if the server scripting permits it then it is acceptable by rp standards set forward by server staff. (as of my last reading surrounding that rule).

In that incident if you wished to have people rp to the highest level, and had it been me on my criminal, when that kamacho collided with me like that I would of RP'd Injuried as I have many times in far more minor collision but this isn't' about my or your rp level.

PD and SD are managed by different groups, I am a Senior member in PD and have witnessed a pursuit of cars that RL would stand no chance off road on their own let alone in a pursuit going 200 off the side of a highway straight up a mountain. In these instances PD supers wouldn't follow you if there is a helicopter and/or other units in the proximity that can. I cant speak on SD's behalf nor would I as I have zero involvement with their faction. Nor am I in a place to provide guidance to said faction, and based on the report you linked server staff has deemed it as acceptable use.

Secondly, i would like to address the supposed rulebreak involving the 811 ramming and the reasoning behind not issuing any punishments. Contrary to the statements made within the appeal, off road driving has been deemed acceptable under certain circumstances; this is  because it is difficult for us to draw a line and determine what's acceptable or not, and therefore we are still continuing to allow off-road driving as long as you can maintain control of your vehicle and don't perform any stunt jumps. This is in-line with what is seen in the provided footage of this player report as you can see the reported party maintain full control over their vehicles as well as not perform any stunt jumps while in the process of chasing you. In addition to this, i do not consider your claim of the 811 driver consciously utilizing his vehicle to ram you to be plausible in the slightest; it becomes evidently clear based on the footage provided within this player report that a vehicle accident involving the 811 and another cruiser is what ultimately caused the unfortunate collision with your vehicle. Contrary to what is stated within this player report, it was not a conscious effort of ramming your vehicle but more so an unfortunate accident which resulted in the collision with your vehicle. 

Edited by Jbacon
spelling