CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

2 hours ago, Jbacon said:

As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 

Heli's do not have speedcaps and I was able to hit 290 in it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Firstly that is SD, that is not PD.
Secondly you want us to not drive our sports cars/super cars off road yet you feel it is acceptable to drive your sports car off road, seems like a double standard.
The 811 did not ram you, it was struck and collided with you.
Still would love to see the one with the 4 supers though and the 20 officers and helicopter.

Based on server rules when it comes to driving off road, if the server scripting permits it then it is acceptable by rp standards set forward by server staff. (as of my last reading surrounding that rule).

In that incident if you wished to have people rp to the highest level, and had it been me on my criminal, when that kamacho collided with me like that I would of RP'd Injuried as I have many times in far more minor collision but this isn't' about my or your rp level.

PD and SD are managed by different groups, I am a Senior member in PD and have witnessed a pursuit of cars that RL would stand no chance off road on their own let alone in a pursuit going 200 off the side of a highway straight up a mountain. In these instances PD supers wouldn't follow you if there is a helicopter and/or other units in the proximity that can. I cant speak on SD's behalf nor would I as I have zero involvement with their faction. Nor am I in a place to provide guidance to said faction, and based on the report you linked server staff has deemed it as acceptable use.

first of all i was not driving and it was not a my car. So you're going to compare a comet to an 811 come on dude and the 811 was like going full speed off road like come on when i do it with a bf400 whieling a cross the city then it is non-rp but when you guys going full speed off roed and ramming with a 811 mmmm litlle to much eh

The understanding with the supercars is that we have to respect the fact they cost a lot of money and we don't want to do things that may cause unnecessary damage to a vehicle. There is going off road on relatively easy terrain to drive and there is going up and down mountains. There is a clear distinction.

In the report you linked, the 811 did not ram any body, it was hit by the other sheriff cruiser.
But then why are you driving a Comet off-road and onto train tracks, then complaining about others, Alberto?

As for the helicopter, standard use of them tops them out at about 230-240. 
If pepjin got his helicopter to 290, he was more than likely doing something that he shouldn't of been. It will only go that fast if you are decreasing altitude significantly (which you aren't in a pursuit, you are more or less the same height, with the front of the helicopter tipped forward slightly) 

In terms of PD and super cars, you have to have a certain rank and there are a list of vehicles we can deploy the high speed for. But again, they are also unmodded.

You might want a PD "nerf" but this is the same server that has the Hakuchou Drag still in circulation. I don't think people bought F620s for the style did they? What about the recent bike debacle? They had to speed cap all the cars, because some of them could 250.. 280..

Threads like this come along every once in a while yet when you ask people the same questions, they offer no real answers.

Balancing the server is only a priority if it's in their own personal interest.

56 minutes ago, Rickyriggz said:

I thank you for admitting this. I was waiting for someone to mention this. Glad that it came from someone who flew xray

Xray can only do 290 if you abuse the wiggle mechanic same way you can do with some cars. Xray actually struggles to reach to 240 sometimes, if you have some altitude you can use that and drop so you gain some speed, but if xray is going 290 they are abusing the wiggle mechanic ( again, if you are at 1000 feet you can do a wide turn which will cause you to go forward and fall down at the same time gaining speed at the expense of the altitude )

Edited by BrainDed

3 minutes ago, Bala said:

The understanding with the supercars is that we have to respect the fact they cost a lot of money and we don't want to do things that may cause unnecessary damage to a vehicle. There is going off road on relatively easy terrain to drive and there is going up and down mountains. There is a clear distinction.

In the report you linked, the 811 did not ram any body, it was hit by the other sheriff cruiser.
But then why are you driving a Comet off-road and onto train tracks, then complaining about others, Alberto?

As for the helicopter, standard use of them tops them out at about 230-240. 
If pepjin got his helicopter to 290, he was more than likely doing something that he shouldn't of been. It will only go that fast if you are decreasing altitude significantly (which you aren't in a pursuit, you are more or less the same height, with the front of the helicopter tipped forward slightly) 

In terms of PD and super cars, you have to have a certain rank and there are a list of vehicles we can deploy the high speed for. But again, they are also unmodded.

You might want a PD "nerf" but this is the same server that has the Hakuchou Drag still in circulation. I don't think people bought F620s for the style did they? What about the recent bike debacle? They had to speed cap all the cars, because some of them could 250.. 280..

Threads like this come along every once in a while yet when you ask people the same questions, they offer no real answers.

Balancing the server is only a priority if it's in their own personal interest.

Again i was not the guy who was driving if i was the driver i didn't go off road

the problem is people who are in the high rank they dont think they are just driving with a 811 and going in persuit off road and ramming people

and the people who buyed the f620 buy it because they don't wanna go to jail for 2hours when they are in a chase because they are done with it that is why

and i never sayed about a nerf i just wanna see balance in this problem because this is a big problem 

and i already know because they are not gonna change nothing because 80 procent of the staff team are by the PD or SD or DOC 

so i already know nothing is gone change but i hope there would be a change because people cant handle anymore i only see police cruisers going after Warreners LOL and still calling a 811 

Alberto as I have mentioned multiple times. PD AND SD HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES the use of a super is in response to increasingly fast cars on the server.  You show me a city in the usa where a cop car is always slower then the ones its chasing. I can tell you from talling to police on my area their cars far exceed 90+% capability of those of a civilian car. In cities that have excessive hyper cars cops have them in response. Have a look at Dubai's police force.

You are asking police on the server to maintain a higher level of rp then that of other players. Which we already do with our hundreds of policies ic and ooc, yet offer no solution other then make it non rp for a cop to chase me off road.

I am sorry you feel that cops have an advantage over you but in rl tell me they dont and then we can compare.

6 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Alberto as I have mentioned multiple times. PD AND SD HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES the use of a super is in response to increasingly fast cars on the server.  You show me a city in the usa where a cop car is always slower then the ones its chasing. I can tell you from talling to police on my area their cars far exceed 90+% capability of those of a civilian car. In cities that have excessive hyper cars cops have them in response. Have a look at Dubai's police force.

You are asking police on the server to maintain a higher level of rp then that of other players. Which we already do with our hundreds of policies ic and ooc, yet offer no solution other then make it non rp for a cop to chase me off road.

I am sorry you feel that cops have an advantage over you but in rl tell me they dont and then we can compare.

did you see a police cruiser going full speed off road and ramming?

yea i know dubai has a lot of Super cars in the enforcement but to you see them using them off road i dont think so my friend

11 minutes ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

did you see a police cruiser going full speed off road and ramming?

yea i know dubai has a lot of Super cars in the enforcement but to you see them using them off road i dont think so my friend

but i also dont see criminals driving porsches or stretched motorcycles off road either... soooooooooo
as for masks at the bank... pre covid,  you do that and see what happens.

Edited by Jbacon

1 minute ago, Jbacon said:

but i also dont see criminals driving porsches or stretched motorcycles off road either... soooooooooo
as for masks at the bank... pre covid,  you do that and see what happens.

we can discuss this on and on 

i just wanna confirm that there need be a balance nothing need be nerfed or whatever just need to see a balance 

that is the main thing and at the end it is just a game where people just trying to have fun and going to the forums every shootout or every chase is stupid tho

It's just a game, where your actions have consequences and risks. It just so happens that PD or SD are your consequences and going to jail is your risk. We are the main danger you face and you are put in that danger by having the option to do whatever you want to do regardless of the law.

End of the day, it's not really for us to decide amongst ourselves what's realistic and is not. We're told in PD what we're allowed to use by our faction leader. That faction leader answers to the higher ups in the community and they answer to the founders.

I'd expect you to use whatever means you have in game to allow you to evade, so why wouldn't you expect the same of me, you know?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jbacon said:

Bro I live in Dubai. 

And that statement means nothing, they never use them to chase a car or never have I seen it happen or recorded. They are mostly for show or only when they are actually chasing someone not normal cars. I have seen PD chase a sultan classic with 4 people (180kmh) and the cruisers hit 227. They took out a super and chased it. I am not being bias, you are my friend. You play PD all the time and no hate but you are bias and not willing to say that. I am not bias because I understand PD's policies. But calling an extra car on the back of a dominator so he doesn't "run away" or having a hell over a normal car on a regular police traffic stop is not realistic at all. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BrainDed said:

Xray can only do 290 if you abuse the wiggle mechanic same way you can do with some cars. Xray actually struggles to reach to 240 sometimes, if you have some altitude you can use that and drop so you gain some speed, but if xray is going 290 they are abusing the wiggle mechanic ( again, if you are at 1000 feet you can do a wide turn which will cause you to go forward and fall down at the same time gaining speed at the expense of the altitude )

unknown.png

how do you explain this picture made in a buzard during a chase?

PD is to OP as of today, and I will explain why.

-Cruisers can easily hit 240 if you have high FPS.

-X-ray does not have a speedcap and with a good pilot you can hit 260 all the time.

-Cops have unlimited Ammo, body armor and heavy weapons.

-Super cars may be used when chasing 9/10 of the sports cars.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bala said:

It's just a game, where your actions have consequences and risks. It just so happens that PD or SD are your consequences and going to jail is your risk. We are the main danger you face and you are put in that danger by having the option to do whatever you want to do regardless of the law.

End of the day, it's not really for us to decide amongst ourselves what's realistic and is not. We're told in PD what we're allowed to use by our faction leader. That faction leader answers to the higher ups in the community and they answer to the founders.

I'd expect you to use whatever means you have in game to allow you to evade, so why wouldn't you expect the same of me, you know?

sooo you gone wake up and say aight lets go with a 811 in the city going full speed off road and arrest criminal and putting them in jail for hours because it so fun if you wake like that then you are not very good in your head man. i am  not insulting you have talking in general. 

2 hours ago, pepijn26 said:

Cruisers go 225 at max, they can only reach 240 if you're going downhill/hitting bumps. FPS doesn't matter.

-X-ray does not have a speedcap and with a good pilot you can hit 260 all the time.

False, helicopters cap out at 240 although there have been some instances where they go over 240, nearly hitting 300- this only occurs when you exploit several known bugs.
Also, didn't you hit 276 in a Comet Retro a few weeks ago? I only remember because of the constant spam in #fashion on discord, how would you explain that? It doesn't make sense for you to be complaining about us going over 240 when you're out there doing it on the daily.

Oh look, a government funded agency which has legally been made with the sole purpose of suppressing gang members who carry heavy weapons inside their Hakuchou Drags at all times has unlimited ammo, body armor and weapons.

Last time I checked I only carry 3 extra mags in my SMG, without any attachments or extended mags. I have 50% armor which easily gets depleted with 1x .50 shot. On top of that I'm not even allowed to discharge my heavy weapon unless there's another person who's carrying one with the intent of harming me, my faction members or other civilians.

Complete bs. Supers are only deployed when regular cruisers fail to keep up with the suspects vehicle. Again, there are some instances when we use them passively for regular patrol- but there are multiple guidelines set for their use, IF these guidelines are not followed, there are extremely harsh consequences. Criminals aren't the only ones suffering for their fuck ups.

6 hours ago, Illmohim said:

I have seen PD chase a sultan classic with 4 people (180kmh) and the cruisers hit 227. They took out a super and chased it. I am not being bias, you are my friend. 

Top speed is not an issue for regular cruisers. The Sultan Classic is one of the best credit vehicles in the server and it has a massive advantage due to its acceleration. Standard issued PD/SD vehicles cannot keep up with them on turns which is why a high speed unit is called in.

6 hours ago, Illmohim said:

But calling an extra car on the back of a dominator so he doesn't "run away" or having a hell over a normal car on a regular police traffic stop is not realistic at all. 

What are you even trying to say my guy. Someone mentioned that a helicopter can respond to any pursuit in <10 seconds of it's initiation. What difference does it make to hover over a vehicle during a traffic stop? It doesn't go against any of the IC policies and it certainly doesn't break any server offences.

4 minutes ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

sooo you gone wake up and say aight lets go with a 811 in the city going full speed off road and arrest criminal and putting them in jail for hours because it so fun if you wake like that then you are not very good in your head man. i am  not insulting you have talking in general. 

I'll dumb it down for you.

You're in a sports vehicle slipping away from me, I call in a high speed vehicle. High speed catches up and gets behind you, at this point you decide to take an off road turn in a sports vehicle even though you're damn well aware that you're not supposed to do it. Do you really expect us to stop chasing you? Do you really think that we're just gonna call off the pursuit just because you went off road? Have some common sense please.

On 10/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, FrankieP said:

2). Crims have those vehicles because of the money they make. PD has a budget they have to adhere to, and buying supercars for the force is unrealistic. PD should not have drags and supercars

How'd you make that money? Processing and selling drugs. Man if you really wanna go there then why not introduce a IRS like system? that way we can track where your money is coming from and where it's going and this way, we can seize all assets that have been acquired using illegal means and then there will be 0 need for us to keep using high speed vehicles to catch up to you guys! Simple solution to a complex problem, or we could keep doing what we're doing right now- you have supercars, we have supercars. Perfectly balanced.

I usually never respond to these sorts of threads but at this point it's clearly a joke. Crim RP'ers keep making the Hate-LEO thread bi-monthly for no purpose but to bash us because they keep getting caught. It's a game, you seriously need to rethink everything that you're doing if you're having a panic attack over going to jail for 2 hours in a game. Granted that you're here to have fun and not to be put into a box for evading cops but that's the point of roleplay? You're gonna have to suffer the consequences for whatever shit you end up getting caught with. Please play smart and avoid us if you don't want to lose an hour of your playtime- we have a lot of other ways of entertaining ourselves outside of police chases.

Bro I live in Dubai. 

And that statement means nothing, they never use them to chase a car or never have I seen it happen or recorded. They are mostly for show or only when they are actually chasing someone not normal cars. I have seen PD chase a sultan classic with 4 people (180kmh) and the cruisers hit 227. They took out a super and chased it. I am not being bias, you are my friend. You play PD all the time and no hate but you are bias and not willing to say that. I am not bias because I understand PD's policies. But calling an extra car on the back of a dominator so he doesn't "run away" or having a hell over a normal car on a regular police traffic stop is not realistic at all. 

But in rebutal to this, how many times have there been pursuits in Dubai that require a car of this calibur? 
Yes Pursuing a vehicle with 4 people is a small pursuit and is completely acceptable, if you wish to compare this statement to what we see as cops happening daily, I will provide you an example. 1 gang car from one of the opposing gang is being chased by 10 hakucho drags, 2 kamacho's and a plethora of random sports cars. We keep the helicopter in the air as much as the pilot wishes to fly and that helicopter can patrol, act as back up for traffic stops or actively search areas to flag cars. We are contrary to what some may feel in a city with a crime rate that is EXPONENTIALLY larger then any other city in the world, and as such with a felony evasion rate of 83% of all traffic stops and interactions we respond with additional units to prevent this, as would a real police department. Also when taking into factor a persons previous interactions with the law we escalate to a level appropriately, some folks are chronic evaders and as such warrant additional support to talk to.

PD is to OP as of today, and I will explain why.

-I run on 120+ frames all the time, my cruiser when using the bumps on the highway maxes out at 226 and that is intermittent and non maintainable, so perhaps i need to turn my graphics to potato mod but I am not in this to win everything thus I will not, and accept losing people often. Example, last night we lost a rhapsody because he was smart, a pink shafter pulled a smart move, unfortunately got his friend caught but the car got away for a short while until he drove past units again.
-X-ray I would truly love to see a video as evidence for these allegations that it can maintain 260kph full time, I consider myself a good pilot and know the best ones in the department and they do not agree with your statement. (video must be on eclipse rp in the polmav)
-Cops do not have unlimited ammo, body armor or heavy weapons, we are limited to very few bullets when we take out a gun, our armor for anyone save SWAT is equal to that which you can buy. While yes we do not have to purchase our own weapons and armor, this is due to us being employed by the state and not acting as independent entities like other factions. Remember you choose your career path and we choose ours.
-Super cars can be deployed for a set list of vehicles, and of course those cars are the fast ones. So if you drive one of these of course we are going to deploy them, as we are law enforcement our job is to catch you, utilizing the tools are our disposal. I am not going to chase a comet retro in a warner, same as you wouldn't.

Not exactly sure what your expecting here, you are clearly insulting someone's mental state and that is poor behavior and shouldn't occur on the forums at all. Again we are PD not SD, and can not speak on their behalf, your issue appears to be with the 811 being used to chase a sports car off road, you are asking again for a double standard of RP between gov' and criminal. The reason the supers were given to us was to combat the massive amounts of supers and unchecked sports cars. (before the speed cap).

As the previous responder said we have a pile of other ways to entertain ourselves, we have internal RP, Rp with businesses. I would take a traffic stop or a casual conversation over chasing you across the country side. It is a shame to think that criminal players believe they are generating "fun" for us, when truly most of us would rather RP internally or with small groups of players rather get into shot outs and gang situations. Sorry but criminals whilst are an important aspect to the server, we can keep ourselves entertained pretty well without escalated situations...
I wish everyone a good day, and perhaps an opportunity to view it from the opposing sides viewpoint. 
While I admit I do not frequent my criminal character and he is not a member of large scale gangs but I do use him, I do get into trouble with police, but have plans in place to get away if needed. I haven't to this date been caught in over a year, mind you only have about 40hours on him this year so not much. But still an accomplishment.

47 minutes ago, Famingo said:

I'll dumb it down for you.

You're in a sports vehicle slipping away from me, I call in a high speed vehicle. High speed catches up and gets behind you, at this point you decide to take an off road turn in a sports vehicle even though you're damn well aware that you're not supposed to do it. Do you really expect us to stop chasing you? Do you really think that we're just gonna call off the pursuit just because you went off road? Have some common sense please.

again mister flamingo 

i was not the guy who was driving the car so i dont have any control about the vehicle 

And you didn't call any high speed car the 811 was there and saw me and a friend robbing stores and he saw us so you didn't call any high speed car so please stop lying 

9 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Not exactly sure what your expecting here, you are clearly insulting someone's mental state and that is poor behavior and shouldn't occur on the forums at all. Again we are PD not SD, and can not speak on their behalf, your issue appears to be with the 811 being used to chase a sports car off road, you are asking again for a double standard of RP between gov' and criminal. The reason the supers were given to us was to combat the massive amounts of supers and unchecked sports cars. (before the speed cap).

Again i am insulting nobody my friend if you feel like it you can go make a forum report like always 

but it doesn't make any sence dude i didn't see any HIGH speed cars in persuit in IRL 

only if you play in a movie ad it would be possible tho

36 minutes ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

Again i am insulting nobody my friend if you feel like it you can go make a forum report like always 

but it doesn't make any sence dude i didn't see any HIGH speed cars in persuit in IRL 

only if you play in a movie ad it would be possible tho

That is because in RL a police car can hit 200+kph while the average civilian car is governed right around 164kph...max 200kph, and if your driving in excess of 160kph you better be super strict with the maintenance of your vehicle. I don't know your driving history, but I have in the past raced motorcycles and can tell you at 200+kph you best be 100% certain of what is ahead... and you aint gonna full send into a corner and pull an ebrake make it... let alone fly off a road at 200.

I also have a car capable of 190kph but would never dream of driving it that fast, at those speeds you need to have completed a plethora of tests and inspections to even consider it... otherwise you will kill yourself. Thus your chances of witnessing a High speed interception unit or the justification for one is EXTREMELY low in RL... and considering if you take Germanies autobahn one of the fastest roads in the world, you will find they have access to some incredible machines.

Whilst you have said your not the driver of the car, but are actively engaged in the rp and must accept the actions of your driver and as such must understand that as said, we aint gonna drop a pursuit because your buddy decides to take you into a rally driving instead of pavement.... realisticly that car woulda hit the first sand pile and that woulda been it... so complaining that we can use a super to follow you when you drive off road is not really a valid argument... and your previous statements around 
"20 cop cars, 2 811, 2 t20 and heli" seems to be purely for the intent of insulting another faction. If you have proof of this I would truly appreciate seeing it so I can speak to the people involved to find out why so much was used... especially considering to my knowledge SD does not have access to the T20 which means both would be PD, and I haven't seen 2 used in a single pursuit in a very VERY long time.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:32 AM, Cyrus Raven said:

bruh, we are a police force, our job includes running into danger, we don't have the luxury to choose to hit labs, rob people, have gang wars, etc... We get a call and we go to it, no matter if it's some guy that lost a fishing rod at pier or if it's a gang shootout at grove. 

Criminals do have a choice, you aren't forced to do anything, you can plan before hand and decide to take the fight or not, as you have done before. Why would you charge PD for equipment when we don't have a choice on what we respond to? Not to mention that we are a government service, hand waving that seems a bit odd considering it's the core argument for PD not having to pay for equipment.

Yeah, when you get a call you always go to it. Unless, you know, it's something boring like impound service, or something that involves heavy rp and isn't an almost guarantee of action.

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1