GR_Seb

/Hidegun Conceal Carrying.

This suggestion will be short since I don't have much to say about it.

EVERYONE should have the option to /hidegun /showgun or something related to that.

-Handguns-

With that command the sns/pistol/heavypistol (not the .50) should become INVISIBLE while you equip it.
/hidegun -> /ame lifts the shirt and conceals the weapon. (2 seconds cooldown)**weapon becomes hidden**

/showgun /ame lifts the shirt and shows the weapon.  (2 seconds cooldown) **weapon becomes visible**

-Restrictions.
/hidegun -> **You do not wear a shirt** 
/hidegun -> **This weapon can not be concealed** (.50)

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 15

+1 on the pistols. 

To add more realism to it, PD/SD could offer Concealed Carry Classes, similar to the BLS class that MD offers, so you can get a [Concealed] under your weapons license. If you were to be found carrying an unlicensed concealed weapon your charges would be more than open carrying.  I also agree with @CaesarSeizure on the requirement to un-hiding before being able to use it. 

• Upvote 4

+1 for the pistols, I feel heavy weapons are meant to be a big risk when carrying them, and shouldn't be able to be hidden using a command. The player having to put the heavy in his bag using the inventory system at the moment seems fine and i think should remain unchanged. 

-1, you can already conceal them using realistic clothing. Being able to conceal a heavy pistol in tight jeans or tight shorts without anyone noticing seems unreasonable.

I recently watched a youtube video of a man getting arrested for 'carrying an unlicensed firearm,' using RP and realistic clothing. Sometimes, the obvious solutions don't work. It's unfortunate when good RP: ers roleplay this behavior, but get back a lousy response.

I agree with Papadakis on this one, and I like that he added a cooldown to make it further realistic. Being a criminal in Eclipse is difficult as it is. It feels like LSPD is there for roleplaying arrests, not actual police work, or preventing crime. +1

Recently, I was arrested for having a weapon on my hip, though I actioned to hide it. 

For a roleplay server I find it unsatisfactory that crims are unable to hide unlicensed firearms that they realistically would definitely not carry around in broad day light, especially in front of officers. The officer's don't care if we action to hide it as they claim as long as they can see it scriptly it is there, I find this very absurd and for a roleplay server this should not be the case.

My suggestion is for weapons to be able to be hid rply, potentially as long as a screenshot is provided or something like that. 

I'd like to know what people think about this, as someone who has only recently started properly playing, I'm sure it might have been brought up in the past.

Naturally, certain weapons such as heavy's are not eligible for this rule if it were to be added, as they are far too big too hide. Weapons like Uzi's, and all types of pistols should undoubtablely be able to be hidden.

If possible, maybe even add it to the script as well as new laws;

If you have a license, and are carrying a firearm that is concealed, you can be arrested for it.

Most gangsters and criminals carry concealed weapons, shown in the pictures below:

image.jpeg.0e6ce0437528ed610a3911b295428976.jpeg

As you can see, this person isn't wearing overly baggy clothes and they are still able to conceal such a weapon, the fact that even with baggy clothes EclipseRP players are not able to do so is NonRP and very unrealistic, though I understand that some things are just not possible, if this were to be added to the script, this would mean that searching or robbing someone who does not appear to have a gun brings a real danger to it, and people cannot metagame and rob people with guns on their hips purely because they have seen the gun beforehand. 

Thank you very much, again just a thought, let me know what you think.

Edited by Mortem
  • Upvote 3

The script is there for balancing reasons. The strongest weapon in the game (.50), which is a very large pistol in real-life should not be concealable through roleplay or script.

I am in favor of alternate weapons being hidden via script (Pistol, Combat Pistol, Heavy Pistol).

The idea is that there are pros and cons to every action. The pro to carrying a strong pistol is that it is easier to defend yourself. The con is that other players can clearly see that you are armed.

Carrying it and having it be invisible is the equivalent of having your cake and eating it too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I used to strongly agree with what you're saying 1-2 months ago, until I realised that most of the time that I was getting arrested for my illegal firearm was because I was being careless and was always equipped with one, so it was always visible. I got arrested enough times until I eventually had to be more tactical and careful with when I decided to have a gun equipped, which I think is how crims should approach every situation anyway. Nowadays, I agree more with @alexalex303, especially now that the server's made it easier to hide weapons by putting it into the vehicle inventory. +1 on less powerful pistols going back to being script'ly hidden.

Edited by Lola Millers
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you have a license, and are carrying a firearm that is concealed, you can be arrested for it.

This is the only thing I have an issue with in your writeup.

I live in a state IRL that requires a license to carry a firearm. This license allows me to own any weapon I want, so long as its not full auto. The license also allows me to carry my firearm any way that I want, open or concealed. Although being in a liberal state, it is not advisable to open carry because of the general population. If I opened carried my firearm, the average civilian would likely call the cops on me. This could end in the result of a charge against me for "disturbing the peace" or "being a public nuisance."

There are other states that do not require a license to carry, but you have to open carry in some of them. The state next door to mine is one of these states. Just being a resident of this state means you can purchase a firearm for your use. But if you want to conceal carry, you need to get a license for that. For this state, any concealment is concealed. For example, you might be open carrying your gun in an outside the waistband holster, but its raining out, so you put on a jacket when you leave the house, and it covers your holster and hides the gun. You are now concealed carrying. Its not intentional or with malicious intent, but unless you have a license for this, you cant do it or you can be arrested.

I do agree with Alex though, certain firearms being concealable would be a nice change. For pistols .50 no, everything else a maybe. Everything else, like an SMG or Rifle no.. Some of these, the rifles, IRL would not even fit in to a backpack. But due to game mechanics, and there being no weapon dimensions, just weight, it is possible..  Though IRL my AR-15 breaks down in to 2 halves allowing me to fit it in to a backpack.

@Mortem The very picture you posted shows a small caliber firearm. You would not be able to efficiently hide a desert eagle by tucking it into your pants because of its size and weight.

If you want to hide weapons, buy clothes that allow you to do so and use firearms that are not the .50

I am favorable towards a simple command that allows players to hide weapons (unless they are naked) but the .50, which is the biggest and the most overused pistol in the server, should stay visible.

Edited by TheCactus

44 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

@Mortem The very picture you posted shows a small caliber firearm. You would not be able to efficiently hide a desert eagle by tucking it into your pants because of its size and weight.

If you want to hide weapons, buy clothes that allow you to do so and use firearms that are not the .50

I am favorable towards a simple command that allows players to hide weapons (unless they are naked) but the .50, which is the biggest and the most overused pistol in the server, should stay visible.

A Desert Eagle (.50) is easily concealable with the right clothing

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, Papadakis said:

done 2 seconds

This is unreasonable. Making someone /showgun before drawing is one thing. Making them wait 2 seconds, allowing someone who already has a gun on their hip know you also have one and giving the other party 2 seconds warning before you can even starts drawing, is something else.
IRL even legal carriers showing someone that you have one concealed, by quickly flashing what's hidden lifting a shirt tail is considered brandishing a weapon and a crime.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, FrankieP said:

+1, although it would realistically make sense for the .50 to also be concealable. This should also only apply to certain clothing in the game, handpicked by devs

if you could hide a .50 theres no reason to use other guns.  keeping the 50 visible but being able to hide other guns means theres actually a reason to use them.  you'd never use anything else if the 50 "does everything."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1