justpositivity

Remove The 240 limit

Hello there EclipseRP! I am happy with the new update but some things just seem quite off, for example the new limit placed on every vehicle which is 240. The only vehicles I know of that i can still reach 240 is the Comet Retro, Slamvan Custom, RapidGT and 811, I have decided to test all these cars n single player to show that it is not a bug with RageMP rather a GTA V game mechanic, the speeds of these cars are realistic, Comet retro being based off of the 1980 Porsche 911 top speed is around 230 km/h keep in mind the comet retro would be a heavily tuned and modified version rather than stock. 

Of Course my word alone is not enough so I have tested all these vehicles in single player with no traffic on the road. I had about 100-130 FPS. Here are the videos

811-https://streamable.com/749uu8
Rapid GT(topless)-https://streamable.com/8smh6t
Comet Retro Custom-https://streamable.com/w3mmvg
Slamvan Custom - https://streamable.com/3ch8fc

Now, the Crown Vic, the only other car and the only unrealistic car that can reach 240 I have also tested it for  you to see how buffed these vehicles are.
https://streamable.com/h8r9rg

I want a developer to read this suggestion, not just take word from the admins, I want the developers to go in game and test this as well, with no traffic on the road and a FPS of above 100 according to GeForce FPS display. I want them to see that these cars are indeed fast as they are and this is NOT a RageMP bug.

• Like 2

Hey! This was mainly enabled to stop players from abusing bugs in the base GTA game which makes vehicles reach unrealistic speeds. Therefore giving a huge advantage to the player over everyone else.
As you correctly stated this is in no way a Rage MP bug. If it is possible in the base GTA game, it doesn't mean it's a feature.

It is also solely up to the developers which vehicles can reach the new top speed, specifically looking at the police vehicles that you mentioned. If we deem it to be beneficial to the server to lower the power of these vehicles, we will act on this.

Kind regards,
Emulsify.

2 minutes ago, Emulsify said:

Hey! This was mainly enabled to stop players from abusing bugs in the base GTA game which makes vehicles reach unrealistic speeds. Therefore giving a huge advantage to the player over everyone else.
As you correctly stated this is in no way a Rage MP bug. If it is possible in the base GTA game, it doesn't mean it's a feature.

It is also solely up to the developers which vehicles can reach the new top speed, specifically looking at the police vehicles that you mentioned. If we deem it to be beneficial to the server to lower the power of these vehicles, we will act on this.

Kind regards,
Emulsify.

240 is still extremely fast, it's an issue though when a crown vic can go the same speed as a 5 million dollar car

I have already spoke to developers on how this should be fixed but I will explain it here as well. It will require a lot of time but they need to go through each car and improve its ACTUAL performance so that everyone can hit this top speed, and then cap the cars speed limit based on that value, not a global limit for all cars. For example the comet retro is based on a vehicle that goes 323 km/h IRL. The performance of the car should be increased so that it can go 300-325 (whatever number you think is appropriate) for people with crap FPS. Then set the cap for anyone driving that car to that number. You go down the list for every car that would realistically have a top speed over 240 km/h. All of the slow cars can keep the 240 km/h limit because it would lower the amount of dev work and even if it was abused on the slow cars there will be base cars (sports and supers) that can keep up with them.

This is the only way the speeds of vehicles can be done fairly for all parties involved and make actual realistic sense at the same time.

Edited by Copperhorse

13 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

I have already spoke to developers on how this should be fixed but I will explain it here as well. It will require a lot of time but they need to go through each car and improve its ACTUAL performance so that everyone can hit this top speed, and then cap the cars speed limit based on that value, not a global limit for all cars. For example the comet retro is based on a vehicle that goes 323 km/h IRL. The performance of the car should be increased so that it can go 300-325 (whatever number you think is appropriate) for people with crap FPS. Then set the cap for anyone driving that car to that number. You go down the list for every car that would realistically have a top speed over 240 km/h. All of the slow cars can keep the 240 km/h limit because it would lower the amount of dev work and even if it was abused on the slow cars there will be base cars (sports and supers) that can keep up with them.

This is the only way the speeds of vehicles can be done fairly for all parties involved and make actual realistic sense at the same time.

I completely agree, sadly this suggestions tend to go un-answered and left without an answer.

4 hours ago, justpositivity said:

Now, the Crown Vic, the only other car and the only unrealistic car that can reach 240 I have also tested it for  you to see how buffed these vehicles are.
https://streamable.com/h8r9rg

GTA was deliberately made to favour the player, who is a criminal, and put the NPC police from singleplayer at a disadvantage. So what we can't do in the context of roleplay, is compare singleplayer speeds. Now, yes of course the supercars would outrun the police, no questions asked.

However, supercars and heavily modified vehicles, the comet retro is a 1980s Porsche 911, are sensitive vehicles. They are not made to race around cities and towns, components are prone to fail. If you ask anyone who owns supers or heavily modified sports cars IRL, you'll see how prone to failure they are and how much maintenance cost they need in order to keep running. Driving fast is very expensive and taxing on these vehicles. We do not have maintenance on vehicles, they cost you virtually nothing to beat up again and again. Go service a supercar IRL and you'll come out with a service bill that's a downpayment for most midsize homes.

Speed without cost is not realism. It's favour towards one playstyle over the other. Nobody here can seriously criticise the speedcap for being unrealistic without also criticising that there is no need for maintenance. It's very very biased to mention one without the other.

I am in favour of supercars outrunning cops all day long, but that costs money. These vehicles are after all very very expensive to maintain. So yes, increase super car speeds IF there is maintenance and people pay the 10k, 20k, 30k, service fees at different intervals that these vehicles demand IRL. Either we have all the realism or none of it.

Should a crown vic go 240? No, and that needs adjusting. I think police vehicles should be capped at 210. And I have no issues with that, if the police get 1 car that can keep up. Not the whole fleet, 1 vehicle. Whether it be a super or a mod I don't mind. I'd prefer a marked vehicle for obvious reasons. We had 811s etc, while yours did 350km/h ours did 200km/h.

The system needs checks and balances. If vehicle speeds are going to be incrased again, so need to be their maintenance costs. Speed comes with a tradeoff and in a vehicle's case, that is high maintenance costs.

Police vehicles should be capped at 210km/h while at the same time police factions get access to 1 specialized vehicle that can reach the higher speed cap in order to have a balance.

• Like 3

I'm fine with the limit. R* has a weird and retarded way to gain speed on specific vehicles due to their "vehicle flags". They also likely test these with AI enabled and even if they don't, it doesn't matter much in GTA online, since it's always a clusterfuck anyway. Considering there are lots of ways to abuse vehicle flags and do other things to get an advantage over others, the limit makes sense. People reached speeds of 300+, accelerated like a fighter jet and it depended a lot on what kind of a PC you had. 

I do see some heavy talk about realism. Sure vehicles like that are fast as hell, but they're also very expensive to maintain. It also doesn't matter how powerful a car is, it'll move at the same speed as the traffic does or at least slow you down a lot. Driving it offroad is a good idea if your plan is to destroy it. And finally, if you crash at that speed, you'll die and the car will be crushed into a small cube.

I do agree that the crown vic performance should be swapped with the interceptor. Maybe even add in high performance vehicles using mods, so they're not just the plain civilian models.

9 hours ago, flow said:

GTA was deliberately made to favour the player, who is a criminal, and put the NPC police from singleplayer at a disadvantage. So what we can't do in the context of roleplay, is compare singleplayer speeds. Now, yes of course the supercars would outrun the police, no questions asked.

However, supercars and heavily modified vehicles, the comet retro is a 1980s Porsche 911, are sensitive vehicles. They are not made to race around cities and towns, components are prone to fail. If you ask anyone who owns supers or heavily modified sports cars IRL, you'll see how prone to failure they are and how much maintenance cost they need in order to keep running. Driving fast is very expensive and taxing on these vehicles. We do not have maintenance on vehicles, they cost you virtually nothing to beat up again and again. Go service a supercar IRL and you'll come out with a service bill that's a downpayment for most midsize homes.

Speed without cost is not realism. It's favour towards one playstyle over the other. Nobody here can seriously criticise the speedcap for being unrealistic without also criticising that there is no need for maintenance. It's very very biased to mention one without the other.

I am in favour of supercars outrunning cops all day long, but that costs money. These vehicles are after all very very expensive to maintain. So yes, increase super car speeds IF there is maintenance and people pay the 10k, 20k, 30k, service fees at different intervals that these vehicles demand IRL. Either we have all the realism or none of it.

Should a crown vic go 240? No, and that needs adjusting. I think police vehicles should be capped at 210. And I have no issues with that, if the police get 1 car that can keep up. Not the whole fleet, 1 vehicle. Whether it be a super or a mod I don't mind. I'd prefer a marked vehicle for obvious reasons. We had 811s etc, while yours did 350km/h ours did 200km/h.

The system needs checks and balances. If vehicle speeds are going to be incrased again, so need to be their maintenance costs. Speed comes with a tradeoff and in a vehicle's case, that is high maintenance costs.

Police vehicles should be capped at 210km/h while at the same time police factions get access to 1 specialized vehicle that can reach the higher speed cap in order to have a balance.

I agree I remember when it was announced that admins could put out warnings on your records for unrealistically speeding through towns but as for as I'm concerned was never really fully enforced 

actually yeah. Some faster whips would be sick. Also it could provide the spark for eclipse to finally get a racing club (legal or illegal). It would be great to see upgrades done at LSC have a much bigger effect on vehicles, considering how expensive they are.

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

5 minutes ago, PickleBean17 said:

actually yeah. Some faster whips would be sick. Also it could provide the spark for eclipse to finally get a racing club (legal or illegal). It would be great to see upgrades done at LSC have a much bigger effect on vehicles, considering how expensive they are.

heroassociation.jpg

Since you brought up racing clubs, its actually something that might hinder racing in the future since the speedcap now dictates how fast any vehicle can be. I have planned to make races on the city highway where top speed is a key factor when my faction can actually afford cars of that scale. But this might make it a little less interesting.

As for what you said about upgrades, I agree to some extent as I think that some of the top speeds GTA V cars have from the base game are pretty unrealistic. For example, the Elegy Retro Custom which is a Nissan Skyline R32 should be able to reach around 240-250 kmph. Sure it would make it unstable to drive and it would take a while to reach that speed but its possible. It would be interesting if a script was implemented that allowed 'tuned' cars at LSC or Bayview following some RP could be buffed and made unique on the server similar to PD cars. Its highly unlikely but would be a dream come true in my opinion.

Anyways, I think the way racing is usually done in Eclipse doesn't really need top speed. For example, our faction exists and does races despite the speed limit, so it doesn't hinder much.

3 minutes ago, kenichis said:

Since you brought up racing clubs, its actually something that might hinder racing in the future since the speedcap now dictates how fast any vehicle can be. I have planned to make races on the city highway where top speed is a key factor when my faction can actually afford cars of that scale. But this might make it a little less interesting.

As for what you said about upgrades, I agree to some extent as I think that some of the top speeds GTA V cars have from the base game are pretty unrealistic. For example, the Elegy Retro Custom which is a Nissan Skyline R32 should be able to reach around 240-250 kmph. Sure it would make it unstable to drive and it would take a while to reach that speed but its possible. It would be interesting if a script was implemented that allowed 'tuned' cars at LSC or Bayview following some RP could be buffed and made unique on the server similar to PD cars. Its highly unlikely but would be a dream come true in my opinion.

Anyways, I think the way racing is usually done in Eclipse doesn't really need top speed. For example, our faction exists and does races despite the speed limit, so it doesn't hinder much.

Thats sweet, never knew that existed. It could be a cool way to make a big racing community where people compete for fame, money prizes, etc. 

heroassociation.jpg

5 minutes ago, kenichis said:

The speeds of the vehicles were intentionally dumbed down when creating GTA 5 due to the fact that driving around a 7-mi long map, packed with AI traffic, going 250MPH would make the game a lot less playable. As well as adding a smaller gap between sports cars and super cars. The amount of vehicles, super or not, that could go over 240 km/h is very, very small. A top speed race in GTA to begin with leaves very little to be desired, especially since RPly, they're the same car. The only thing increasing your speed in the cars that COULD go over 240, was your framerate, which has no place in RP in my opinion.

It's totally fine to buff the police cars so they can catch up to the fastest vehicles but everyone seems to forget about those people who don't drive cars that go over 200km/h.

And it's not like police didn't have any advantages to catch those fast cars: Advantages in numbers, high-speed pursuit vehicles (last time I saw 2 zentornos chasing me when I was driving with my comet), and let's not talk about the helicopter lol.

To be honest the PD didn't require a buff they just need to get better at driving cause last time I escaped from them in a stolen stock Stanier while I had 2 Kamachos, 2 regular pd cars and a helicopter on me. The max speed on my stolen Stanier was 160km/h btw.

Edited by xCKube
  • Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.