Donovan

System like Bail

With the infinite amount of possible hours in the prison with very little to do in it, and current state of the Economy I believe a system like Bail or something similar would be beneficial for both criminals/legals and the economy itself. 

Suggestion itself is as follows: Add an option to reduce the time in prison using your own money or having someone pay it for you. IE: 10k per 30 minutes in prison, with this being an option for only prisoners with the jail time over X ( A number of hours to be chosen by staff if this suggestion becomes accepted and implemented ), my suggestion would be for this to be an option for sentences over 4 hours. And with every 30 minutes you wish to reduce the fee builds up by 25% of previous one, so IE: 10k for first 30min, 12.5k for second 30min, 15.625 for another 30min etc. 

I believe in a long run this would affect the economy of the server as it would serve as a money dump because I believe most criminals that end up in situations where they are placed for 5+ hours would rather pay certain amount of money than stay there with the current lack of content inside the prison, and it would also make the criminal lifestyle a lot more enjoyable specially in the situations where gangs are at war or in general fighting, which makes people carry heavy weapons, pistols, get felony evading or reckless during chases etc. so charges do rack up pretty fast even if no actions 

Edited by Donovan
  • Like 6

+1 I'd happily spend some cash to knock time off of a prison sentence or help others out with it. 

Talking from my perspective, I work numerous hours a week, to come home at night and having to sit in prison before I can even interact with my gang is a horrible feeling. 

Some poeple value their ooc time more than their ic cash. 

• Like 2

+1 to donovan post. 

And I totally agree with  this

Talking from my perspective, I work numerous hours a week, to come home at night and having to sit in prison before I can even interact with my gang is a horrible feeling. 

Just now, CallumMontie said:

+1 I'd happily spend some cash to knock time off of a prison sentence or help others out with it. 

Exactly which is why I think this would benefit everyone not just criminals, because yes people might get out of prison earlier, but for the cost of money which would benefit economy in a span of few months, not to mention that since it would be available only for " hardcore " arrests of over IE: 4 hours, they would still have to spend certain amount of time in prison instead of being set free instantly

4 minutes ago, PluralSpy said:

+1 

Whether or not this idea extends to players have monitoring bracelets or having weapon restrictions, and this be significantly cheaper that completely free bail is also a possible suggestion.

Regardless, coming from someone who mains LSPD RP, this is still a good idea.

2 hours ago, JoeyPoppins said:

+1, only thing i would change is instead of 4 hours or longer, i would like 2 hours or longer. Because i do not believe people get 4 hours + of jail daily.

Great idea overall.

I think 2 is a very fitting amount, you still spend some time in prison but you dont have to spend your entire evening there.

+1

+1, but make it so any charges that you avoid become active again if you get other charges for a certain period afterwards.  Like let's say you got 4 hours of prison, you should be on "probation" for 12 hours or some significant amount of time afterwards.  You'd still get to RP and play but there is that heightened risk of being caught breaking probation.  This might also cut down significantly on the random crimes that happen because people would have to second guess whether its worth it to get the charges they avoided added back onto their record and go away for even longer.

I'd be open to bail but I feel like it has to make sense from a role-play perspective to do and it's got to be simple to implement.

• Certain charges would deny automatically you the right to bail.
  • The bail would be a fixed percentage off your prison time i.e. 25%.
  • It would require interaction with a DOC guard, to encourage good behaviour/role-play in prison i.e /acceptbail
  • Getting arrested within 24 hours of your release if you bailed out would add the amount back to your future sentence.
Edited by GOAT

I think this deserves to be brought up again, since it received suggestions and no negative feedback yet.

The parole bureau is currently functional and works for people that go to prison, while those who go to jail have to stay there up to 45 minutes, despite their position or wealth.

My idea was paying 500 dollars for something like 5 minutes (failure to pay a fine), 2000 for around 10-15 minutes and up to 8000 or more when we talk about 45 minutes charges, which are on the edge of being felonies or are felonies with modifiers (tampering with evidence, attempted grand theft auto, accessory to armed robbery, etcetera). 

Edited by TheCactus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.