TheCactus

Black Market / Illicit Medical Options

I like the idea of a player acting as an illegal medic, that being said a "makeshift hospital" wouldn't be able to provide full capabilities of a hospital, im sure there are some out there but I don't see them having the tools to fix a lot of the injuries that criminals rp on scenes. /do you would see 30 bullets lodged in his torso... moving along, I think this would need to be a managed faction with scruitiny on rp as this would require extensive RP. 

I use to do this with my criminal in all honesty we would rush our injuried (not downed) friend to a house which we had setup as a hospital (stole a few ambulances to stock it up with medical supplies) and we would do make shift rp to treat the injuries using what we had at our disposal. Plyers, stove burner, fire poker, etc.... The rp would take over an hour for a gunshot, and once complete we would submit the recording to have the players health healed. It was a good time, full of laughs and holy shit moments. But we put about 30hours of solid rp into getting to the point of doing this. 

cased out ambulances, stole them without getting caught or baiting them.
got on of our more legal characters to get first aid training through md.
positioned all the stuff in the apartment with /me and /do
cleaned the place spotless using /me and /do

It was 30hours of rp for 4 people, and then we had 3 makeshift bullet removals in it that took over 1-2hours each, and often times ended up having bonfires outback after burning the cloths and blood stained furniture.

If you do the rp, and provide proof im sure the admins will get behind and support you, but expecting them to create an automated script so you don't have to risk getting caught taking your friend to MD, I think isn't the right answer.... whats stopping you hauling your friend close to MD, then calling 911... and hiding out of sight?

There is always a way for those that are creative and driven.

With shady NPCs now hidden across the map, a makeshift/blackmarket hospital / treatment center, for the illegal use, for a small fee would be a great addition scattered around in areas that are, not so perfect.

This could stabilize immediately then 'perform surgery' that could take a random amount of time (up to 5 minutes) to complete. Essentially the same system as chopping. This individual would also sell pills and illegal booster drugs, that would need to be sourced to them.

(please move to Criminal section)

I am suggesting adding a static hospital to the map that is supposed to be used by criminals. It wont be as strong as a normal hospital so maybe making it unable to heal you like the current hospitals do overtime or being dropped off their reduces your wellness.

The reason for this is in real life after gang shootings or shootouts with police if your taken to the hospital with knife or gun shot wounds the police are called. So IRL sometimes criminals will go elsewhere to seek medical treatment to avoid police detection. This hospital would be RPly unknown by PD so they couldnt just sit outside waiting for injured crims to turn up like they can currently. In return for the ability to avoid the police while getting medical treatment the hospital is not as good compared to the official hospitals we have.

• Like 3

Having a black market surgeon that treats without question would be great imo;  now we have a wellness system it could be tied in that they take longer to heal up, come out with less health or there wellness stat is lowered to simulate a dodgy backroom surgeon doing the work.  Potentially it could work on a chance system where it varies with how good/bad you come out at?

With regards to the static nature,  it'd be better to move around, similar to the chopshops to avoid the camping aspect and also to simulate the fact that he'd need to keep moving to avoid getting to much attention as well