Jellay

/takeguns and /takeillegal should put guns and illegal stuff in inventory for SD and PD.

When we want to remove guns from a non-injured person IC'ly we have 2 options:

1. We have to ooc uncuff them and they have to drop the weapon and ooc cuff them again, which takes really long and sometimes brings weird and non-realistic situations. 

2. We have a command /takeguns and /takeillegal, which results in immediate removal of all guns and all illegal contents on somebody. The items taken here will completely dissapear and can not be rp'd with anymore.

I am suggesting that when we use these commands, the guns and illegal items appear in the inventory of the officer/deputy using the command. This creates a more efficient scene, but also gives more RP possibilities. The ooc uncuffing and cuffing situation is just unnecessary if we change the /takeguns and /takeillegal command. This will give Law Enforcement more chances of actually checking registrations on guns, but will also make sure that criminals eventually can steal their guns back from an injured officer. 

I think this would be easily implemented and beneficial for both LE and Criminals and will just make RP more streamlined. 

EDIT: I am aware that this has been mentioned before in another post, but I thought it would be good to make a different suggestion purely surrounding these commands. The last one was in May 2019.

Edited by Jellay
  • Upvote 4

+1 

This would allow for recovery of weapons taken from people along with law enforcement potentially being able to store/catalogue the confiscated weapons if they chose to do so. 

Literally zero downside to this and it makes no rp sense that the items vanish into thin air. 

-1 reason it takes the guns and destroyes them is so PD can't pocket them for themselves. There is no reason why them getting destroyed on taking them off someone is a problem. Would only be a problem if the officer would be trying to keep them to try feed a crim character or somthing. 

3 hours ago, Magz said:

-1 reason it takes the guns and destroyes them is so PD can't pocket them for themselves. There is no reason why them getting destroyed on taking them off someone is a problem. Would only be a problem if the officer would be trying to keep them to try feed a crim character or somthing. 

There are regular checks on PD members to ensure that does not occur. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, I believe people were able to drop guns without being un-cuffed first in the past.

Either way this seems like a great addition +1

To be honest as someone who was SD for around 5-6 months. And DOC before that for the same time. I think /dropguns (as a new command) should drop all the guns you have on you, onto the floor. This would help Law enforcement. 

I don't think /takeguns /takeillegal should store the gun in inventory. This is a method to utilise and remove weapons from the person and server. What you could change is, when you do the command, the items that vanish also comes up in text so it tells you what they had on them, so you can still add the correct charges.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

+1 /takeguns means no idea of ammo, attachments, fingerprints, serial numbers. I typically use it if they only have a melee weapon and not a gun, to fast-forward through the ooc uncuff and drop. 

Exactly, same.

Edited by TheCactus

On 1/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, dawpi said:

I had a situation where the suspect and I agreed on OOC uncuff and drop, little did I know, he pulled out a gun and shot me.
To prevent this, this command is necessary even if it was a rule breach. +1

^Seen this many, many times, it's not an unusual occurance.

+1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:35 AM, Magz said:

We don't pocket the guns. When we take the guns they are put into evidence. If the gun just vanishes then how are we supposed to check the serial number or check or attachments?

+1 for the commands giving the officer the stuff. Stops OOC uncuffs and saves a lot of time. Iv had situations where it doubled the arrest due to the person not dropping the weapons after a OOC uncuff.

Edited by HobGoblin

On 1/25/2020 at 1:35 AM, Magz said:

You don't understand how OOC corruption works, do you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.