gyrhnr

You should not be able to see player list / scoreboard

8 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

Players should not be able to check player list / scoreboard, giving the server a bit more realism of never not knowing who is in town ,also making phone use more relevant !

I use the scoreboard a lot to see player's experience on the server and in order to get certain player IDs in order to /PM them. -1

21 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

I use the scoreboard a lot to see player's experience on the server and in order to get certain player IDs in order to /PM them. -1

This is the exact reason why I use it too. I do not feel the need to remove the player scoreboard as it allows for some situations to be resolved, -1.

• Like 2

The scoreboard can be a useful roleplay tool, especially if you need to roleplay with someone from a distance with /ldo or if you need to report an OOC issue to them using /pm or inform a moderator what the persons ID was. 

Plus, it helps alleviate the fact in real life people don't just vanish for random periods of time. I don't think anybody really wants to spend an hour running around trying to find someone only to figure they're probably not around. I'd rather have people RP'ing and interacting as much as possible, not aimlessly wandering around trying to find the particular person they need. 

I think that, for admins, when they're on /aduty they should be able to see Player Names, ID's, and EXP.

Normal players should only see ID's and EXP.

You can always just PM someone by their character name if you really need to in-game and if it doesn't go through, you know they're not online.

+1 to that idea, not just removing it entirely. 

-1, however, /fmembers should be changed imo as it's being used way too many times to MG and people use it by saying they check on their phone who is around. I don't think scoreboard needs to be removed, especially for /Ldo's.

Using PM's with names isn't great either, because if the person you tried to pm isn't around, the PM goes to the person with that name that is the closest to the one you filled in.

Edited by Yputi

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

-1, however, /fmembers should be changed imo as it's being used way too many times to MG and people use it by saying they check on their phone who is around. I don't think scoreboard needs to be removed, especially for /Ldo's.

Using PM's with names isn't great either, because if the person you tried to pm isn't around, the PM goes to the person with that name that is the closest to the one you filled in.

You can still use F4 to check who's online and who isn't, same thing. 

I don't see how checking if someone is online is metagaming? Lets say IC reason would be to know when he's in town right? IRL people are always in town unless they decide not to answer the phone as they can do same thing here. If you want to know where he is you still need to call him so I don't even see why it should  be considered as metagaming?

• Like 1