Nubbsauce

New Criminal Job Suggestion - Money Counterfeiting

12 hours ago, krooks365 said:

+1 I commend you on the well thought out idea that has risk and reward making it balanced and not just benefitting any which way. The only thing I would note is what would stop cops from just sitting at the airfields? would it be similar to labs where would only be able to go if received a tip or call?

Players being able to rob you of your van and turn in the crates themselves is the risk or robbing your afterwards.

+1, it would be good to have more criminal style jobs like this. 

Perhaps make them user their own vehicles instead of providing scripted vehicles. 

Also I think that law enforcement should have to follow similar rules for jobs like these as they do labs, meaning they can't just camp the zones all day. 

Overall great idea though and will help move the random robbing away little by little. 

• Like 1

+1 I think this is a great idea, perhaps the drop off zones could be randomised to a set pool of locations that fit in with the theme of the job, similar to the postal delivery job. I would love to see more ways for criminals to develop their income through scenarios that offer them the chance for exciting encounters : )

+1 Maybe even add in more elements like how drugs are different ingredients, maybe have it to where you have to get not only paper but ink and then maybe take that and put it manually in the crate then to the van. But overall a great idea, hope it gets considered!!

On 10/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, CallumMontie said:

+1, it would be good to have more criminal style jobs like this. 

Perhaps make them user their own vehicles instead of providing scripted vehicles. 

Also I think that law enforcement should have to follow similar rules for jobs like these as they do labs, meaning they can't just camp the zones all day. 

Overall great idea though and will help move the random robbing away little by little. 

The only thing I see wrong with having non scripted vehicles is that they would not be able to store the crates by pressing E on the back of them.

The way they could make that work would be to make the items created be an actual item and it would have a weight to it. IE: "Crate of Counterfeit Cash - 20kg" and you would be able to pick it up and store it in the vehicle via the storage. Which would honestly be great.

However they would then need to create additional items to put at the criminal job like they do for Drug labs. Like there would be a paper stack that "Printing Paper - 2kg" would spawn at. Then there would have to be a shelf where "Printing Ink - 5kg" would spawn. Then the printer itself would have to be the creation table like at the drug labs. IMO that would be super tedious and also, it would make it not as worth while to do as gangs/groups could take control of the factory and just prevent other players from utilizing it. 

I think it should be left with scripted vehicles like the drug dealer job was, that way, everyone has access to it. It would be a nice introductory criminal job for the new players entering the city who are wanting more risk/reward and not just driving around an armored money truck for hours on end.

Edited by Nubbsauce
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, Magz said:

+1 I'm assuming the idea would be like the drug labs for cops? they not to interact with them unless a call has been made or just driving past and see people robbing someone else or w.e

No, it would be horrid if it was like drug labs, *See above reply* 

It would be kinda like the Farming Job and Drug Dealer job in one. Where you create product, store it in the back of the van, and then take it to the drop off with payout being cash.

There could be additional drop off points like different Ports and Airfields which would all give different payouts, depending on their distance from the factory.

Edited by Nubbsauce

On 10/10/2019 at 6:33 PM, Nubbsauce said:

If more criminal jobs like the above were created, it would give the players more to do and more chances to RP/Develop their character the way they want to play.

54 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

It would be kinda like the Farming Job and Drug Dealer job in one. Where you create product, store it in the back of the van, and then take it to the drop off with payout being cash.

I'm sorry but we really don't need more jobs like this - what character development are people currently getting out of selling drugs? The sale of illicit goods should be done through player-player interactions only - the current systems we have in place doesn't encourage or promote role-play, it isn't helping people develop their character and it effectively ruins any chance of a real black market from ever taking off.

I can't support the addition of this job or jobs like it when the current jobs we have aren't fit for purpose.

Edited by Swifty
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Castro7 said:

+1

A lot of details must be added and  you shouldnt get a scripted vehicle!

I think a scripted vehicle would just add the the rp and to the risk/reward factor. For example, if there was not a scripted vehicle you could just take a super or a drag or any number of overpowered vehicles and outrun anything.  If you take a bike or vehicle with low storage then you have less space to store the product which would lead to less reward due to less risk of using a vehicle of your choice. Also it would have a better rp experience and would force gangs to move as a group since the scripted vehicle wouldn’t be able to go solo. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, Swifty said:

I'm sorry but we really don't need more jobs like this - what character development are people currently getting out of selling drugs? The sale of illicit goods should be done through player-player interactions only - the current systems we have in place doesn't encourage or promote role-play, it isn't helping people develop their character and it effectively ruins any chance of a real black market from ever taking off.

I can't support the addition of this job or jobs like it when the current jobs we have aren't fit for purpose.

There is a reason there are drug sell points in game now...PLAYER interaction with selling drugs was utterly useless and no one wanted to really buy anything.

For the starting player, they have NO idea what they want to do. So what do they do? They go to all the job locations and try all of them out and see which one they like. Why? Because every gov job has an XP requirement, official gangs have an XP Requirement. These jobs are in place for those to work them and get that grind started. These jobs are also used as unofficial RP Hubs for everyone. IE The Farms. I do not know how many times I have had RP at the farms from the random people working the fields or talking to other truckers on the radio. All of these jobs are steppingstones to fleshing out what you want your character to be. Let's face it, majority of the people want money. They want nice things, which require money, This job will provide money, whilst providing a risk factor to the job which would ENCOURAGE rp to happen...

Look at all the +1s of the people who want it. Why? Ask them. I think having more jobs that have risk factors are awesome. When Drug Dealer was a thing, there was so much RP that could happen. A lot of gangs "Searched" for drug dealer cars to take their cash, which would in fact, start RP. 

So if you could provide any evidence on how selling drugs or counterfeit money to a player is worthwhile....let me know.. Because that system was already in place, and has been already replaced because it was hardly popular.

RP is what you make of it. If you want to view the counterfeiting thing exactly the same as the drug lab thing that's your choice. If you want to RPly choose to look at them differently that's probably a better choice. It doesn't really matter if the mechanisms/scripting is very similar. It matters what you make of it RPly.  I personally think it would be a great use of many big indoor spaces in town like construction sites and factories to bring some of the manufacturing type criminal activities into the city.  Maybe the volumetric side of things is on a much grander scale and would require the use of a mule or phantom instead of a bag to get to a dropoff.  There are many ways to approach this to make for good RP. 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.