Xoza

Officer Remove Charges They Placed

Tossing a suggestion made by @GOAT here.

Does the suggestion require developer support?:
YES

Describe the suggestion:
The suggestion is pretty straight forward, I'd like us to be able to remove pending charges that we've placed.

For example, I am arresting someone for Armed Robbery and it seems that there was enough evidence to charge him with something else, so I added that as well. For arguments say, say Attempted Bribery.

However, it comes to light during the arresting procedure that he's not attempted bribery. I then have to contact either an admin or a Lieutenant+ to correct my mistake.

Although people should be sure of their charges when they place them, sometimes you make a human error OR they roleplay with you so well that you want to commute their sentence but you cannot, as you cannot alter your own charge placement.

How would the suggestion benefit the LSPD:
I feel that if we're personally able to place charges, we should be able to remove charges if they are pending (in red) that we have placed. I'm not talking about messing with charges that other people have placed, but only correcting your own mistake.

It lowers the need for Command to intervene as much and the same goes with admins. It also allows some additional flexibility in policing and sentencing. Sometimes situations deescalate and you want to alter your approach.

+1

Allows an individual to remove mistakes in addition to reapply modifiers after further investigation, good RP or even extended detainment.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 5

I'm of two minds about this.  On one hand, I'd like to see this in order to correct the mistakes that happen.  On that front I'm 500% for it.

On the other hand, it would encourage people to ambush officers driving to DOC with suspects and basically take them captive trying to get charges removed because they would now OOCly know an officer can do that with script support.  I guess you could argue this would encourage more DOC convoys to pick up suspects, but that's not always possible.

I think it would lead to abuse cases during low population times, where there would be every incentive to attack an officer and force them to remove charges and in my opinion giving people even more reasons to attack law enforcement is going to make the job more and more frustrating.

36 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

I'm of two minds about this.  On one hand, I'd like to see this in order to correct the mistakes that happen.  On that front I'm 500% for it.

On the other hand, it would encourage people to ambush officers driving to DOC with suspects and basically take them captive trying to get charges removed because they would now OOCly know an officer can do that with script support.  I guess you could argue this would encourage more DOC convoys to pick up suspects, but that's not always possible.

I think it would lead to abuse cases during low population times, where there would be every incentive to attack an officer and force them to remove charges and in my opinion giving people even more reasons to attack law enforcement is going to make the job more and more frustrating.

Cant force someone to charge someone with something so the same logic applies to forcing people to remove charges.

Edited by GOAT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.