Rectumrific

Reasonable way to fix the most recent update.

So with the implementation of the new Hunger and thirst bars, while simultaneously REMOVING everything from stores, and not allowing them to bulk order a bunch of items at once makes things really rushed, and everyone is just grabbing loot off of dead bodies in the streets. I'm no dev, and I don't know how long this shit would take to fix, but here are my reasonable suggestions.

-Allow stores to bulk order hundreds of items. Make the deliveries pay more for the truck drivers. 
There's no in between. There's either people that own a store ordering a small amount of items, or there's truck drivers trying to deliver to them, only to go out of stock seconds later.

-Restock the stores to a few hundred items a pop, depending on value.
Obviously have a lesser abundance of expensive items. But food and drinks need to be obtainable. It shouldn't be a scramble. 

Revert Hunger- Revert hunger until the stores can stock up, and so can players.
I got my shit stolen for being in the server an hour, which is 4 hours in game, because of starvation. Because of how sudden the update was, and because of the removal of all items from stores, EMS were getting 10s of calls at a time for people who are starving. It's irresponsible in a way that both updates were released at once. Hunger/Thirst and the wipe and sell stores update. 

-Reducing how much hunger/thirst you lose.
Self explanatory.

-Vending Machine's being used.
A commenter stated that the use of vending machines (as opposed to water fountains because I don't think they exist as a texture in game) could be used to buy drinks. They're everywhere. Make a drink delivery service? Similar to the money transport? I know, it's a stretch, but it's smart.

Something needs to change. There needs to be one or the other, or a revert until there can be balance. Because people have purchased the stores, it makes things difficult, I'm sure, but the two best solutions I can think of are removing Hunger/Thirst temporarily, or lowering consumption so people can have a chance to reasonably fill stores in bulk, by allowing drivers to deliver more items, and stores to stock more at a time. 

The bars are essentially a famine in ECRP, and players can't really focus on RPing, they have to focus on scrambling around trying to get food and water, and drinking water takes like 5 bottles to fully replenish the bar, which is SO unreasonable, considering that stores are selling them for 1.5-2k a pop. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Rectumrific
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 5

i agree that the release of the stores being wiped and the hunger/thirst bars being released on the same update was not a good choice. to remove hunger.thirst temporally until stocks can be stocked up would be the best route, also the amount of water and food needed to replenish a bar should be only one. in real likfe your not drinking 5 bottels of water or eating 2 burgers the food is pretty on par but thirst really needs to be reworked and at the rate at which it decays and the amount they are sold at makes it very hard to een worry about water but start planing your death and making sure you have all your items secure before dying of thirst becasue i dont want to spend 10k on water to not die. its a bit absurd, i mean we can hunt to make food but no way to get water like through fresh water streams or even vending machines because the player purchase of store makes prices really expensive especially for new players who start with 7k and have to buy food and water to only die a few hours later cause they have no means of getting enough money to buy more so i think its needs to be slowed down and should only take one water or food to replenish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fatboy3288 said:

i agree that the release of the stores being wiped and the hunger/thirst bars being released on the same update was not a good choice. to remove hunger.thirst temporally until stocks can be stocked up would be the best route, also the amount of water and food needed to replenish a bar should be only one. in real likfe your not drinking 5 bottels of water or eating 2 burgers the food is pretty on par but thirst really needs to be reworked and at the rate at which it decays and the amount they are sold at makes it very hard to een worry about water but start planing your death and making sure you have all your items secure before dying of thirst becasue i dont want to spend 10k on water to not die. its a bit absurd, i mean we can hunt to make food but no way to get water like through fresh water streams or even vending machines because the player purchase of store makes prices really expensive especially for new players who start with 7k and have to buy food and water to only die a few hours later cause they have no means of getting enough money to buy more so i think its needs to be slowed down and should only take one water or food to replenish

HUGE +1 FOR THE VENDING MACHINE IDEA

8 hours ago, Rectumrific said:

-Vending Machine's being used.
A commenter stated that the use of vending machines (as opposed to water fountains because I don't think they exist as a texture in game) could be used to buy drinks. They're everywhere. Make a drink delivery service? Similar to the money transport? I know, it's a stretch, but it's smart.

+1 to all said
Placing water as as purchasable on the Taco Van would be my dream come true

I think now the stores have caught up a bit and are stocked up that side of the suggestion is sorted now. I do however think the thirst replenishment needs a rework. You don’t drink 5 bottles of water to quench a temporary thirst IRL so why here?

• Like 1

+1, I also think wholesale price of the grocery items needs to be reduced.  As it is now, they are importing the goods at what we used to pay when the stores were government owned.  Also, the rate at which hunger and thirst depletes needs to be addressed, as well as making 1 food item and 1 drink item fully replenish your hunger/thirst bars.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.