Trubluegaming

Gov Faction or Job (Towing/Mors/Impound/Salvage)

+1 Very good idea, because there's to many cars on the road, and nobody is bothered to move them away. Or even do like for example, Start a job, get a truck, drive around city, Helping people, But i was thinking about, When a player impounds a vehicle he could get some money, Like a money transporter, Delivering, and making some money for impounded car.

1 minute ago, Tomaxas6 said:

+1 Very good idea, because there's to many cars on the road, and nobody is bothered to move them away. Or even do like for example, Start a job, get a truck, drive around city, Helping people, But i was thinking about, When a player impounds a vehicle he could get some money, Like a money transporter, Delivering, and making some money for impounded car.

Mechanics generally fill the first part of that.  Perhaps we could have the impound job able to tow vehicles TO a mechanic shop rather than just impound, though I don't know how LSC/Bayview would feel about that.  As for impounding and receiving money, that would be the suggestion proposed here yes.

Edited by Taedolf

Just now, Taedolf said:

Mechanics generally fill the first part of that.  As for impounding and receiving money, that would be the suggestion proposed here yes.

I meant for workers you suggested, Like they impound a vehicle, And get some money, Ofcourse it would be awesome if it would depend from distance and car.

My name is Marlon Baker I am a mechanic at LSC and soon to Cadet at LSPD. I have a suggestion my suggestion is that Mechanics part of the roadside division should get access to the MDC and full access to the impound to take vehicles in and out. I am suggesting this because 90% of the time cops don’t come to the impound because they are busy taking calls and everything but, if the mechanics have the job then cops don’t need to worry about it.

Since we do impounding already we should just get full access over the impound to help PD when they are busy and it also, prevents people that are trying to get there cars out of the impound. If we need to get trained by PD or anything that’s understandable but, I feel like this should be an addition.

That is what the MDC would be for we would use this MDC to check plates when we are towing sometimes if they have a clean record I guess we would leave it sometimes. And if the vehicle has a bad record we can report the name to PD and help them out. I think this would be very helpful to the Eclipse community, PD, and the Mechanics.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

I appreciate the suggestion and the impound is something that needs work, not just for people getting their vehicles out but also us answering the impound.

That being said though, the MDC contains highly sensitive and personal information about people, so I can't see that being a thing.

Then, there should be a limited MDC to mechanics. They should have the person’s name and then the person’s car. It would make it very easy. If I had the coding to MDC I would take out everything besides person’s name and vehicles with vehicle information. Then, just bind that to Roadside Branch. But, I feel if we give it to a certain rank of Roadside it would be more safe. And they would have to have a clean record to operate MDC. Get a cop to background check or something. I feel like something needs to be done because we are a government agency so we should be able to be trusted. Also, it would bring down the work load for the cops. That is what I think.

Edited by ttvKrillex

+1 i was gonna mention this too i have been told if i can get their car as PD don't. This would also help us get the plates of a bike or trophy truck which don't have a plate which is plates on the vehicle IG. It would also clear the impound and not waste PD time and we can do it when we are impounding other cars.

BANNER.thumb.png.11a9fded815fad78e4b7ad675c54e711.png

Edited by vx3r

I think that the impound certainly needs work, but I don't think that giving mechanics access to the MDC is the correct way to solve the impound issue. Like Bala said, the MDC would contain information that only people authorized to see it would be able to access. Maybe giving mechanics access to certain parts of the MDC would be a solution, but that involved a change in the script which might not be possible. 

• Like 1

It doesn't make any sense to give mechanics any sort of MDC access. About them being able to release vehicles, I'd argue that's something that should be proposed IC to the right government officials. Mechanics also aren't government employees. 

About the plate issue, it can easily be solved with a simple tweak to the /checkparkingpay command. Instead of it saying "vehicle has no parking pay", it could include the vehicle model and LP in the message.

Edited by Marca

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.