Zoah

Leaked Information Of Shipments Change Suggestion

The problem with the current Leaked Shipment Info system

The Current System has a few major flaws that seem very NON RP and makes completely no sense to me. I will explain below my understanding of how it currently works and my problems with it also examples.

• I believe the current system works like this. Someone interrogates the black market dealer. If successful the dealer frequently tells ALL the official illegal factions along with PD and SD. This doesn't make sense. It should only tell the faction that is interrogating the dealer. I also heard that the Irish shipment NPC leaked THEIR OWN drop to their own gang. I believe there may be some bugs in the system and it's negatively affecting the server. 
  • As far as I know there is also a chance that PD will get notified of the drops separate of the other illegal factions. This I believe is okay, but I do not think they should get the info when an illegal faction member interrogates a shipment dealer. It makes no RP sense that they would get the info out of thin air. I believe it should be changed so that only the gang that interrogates the dealer gets the information. 
  • EXAMPLE earlier today my gang made a shipment. Another gang took the turf that it was ordered from. A member of the gang that took it interrogated the dealer. That info was then leaked to PD. So PD finds out of thin air because an illegal faction member interrogated the dealer. I was expecting to fight one gang for the drop not PD who had no RP related to the situation. I understand that Cops would like to be included in the shipments to make a risk to it. But I believe they should be implemented in another way. 
  • Everything I stated may not be 100% correct, I'm just stating my understanding of the system and how it worked.

If anything I stated above is not working as scriptly intended could Developers or staff please let me know as I would then file a bug report with my situation. 

• Like 15
  • YAY 1
  • NAY 3
  • Upvote 1
  • POG 1
  • dead 1

+1. Even back when I was in SWAT this system made no sense. If PD/DB would like to be involved in shipments, shouldn’t it make more sense DB sending detectives out to interrogate the NPCs the same way is illegal faction members can? This would not only make much more sense RPly, but would also introduce PD into the crim system, allowing them to have interactions with the NPCs and turf systems.

• Like 2

+1

LEO's can get 1-2x a day leaked infos and when they do its auto lose for criminals. They know the exact drop location, with full body armor, heavy guns and xray on the sky waiting for the drop. The very unrealistic there is how LEO's know about the drop? If only criminals talking to the NPC(The guy in charge of the drop) IC'ly? I hope we can balance the new leaked shipment info script because it will just automatically ruin the roleplay of criminals 200 percent.

• Like 2

+/- I don't think that the dealers should tell everyone were a drop is after someone finds it out.

For pd/sd script informant. Its is very rare that it happens on its own now. The only time i really see it is during peak hours on Saturday/Sunday. Other then that we almost never get it. So i think it should stay due to the fact that its very rare event of it happening.

• Confused 1

+1 I dont know much about the current system. But to my knowledge being both in a illegal faction and in PD, every member of said faction gets a chat alert regardless of their location, their rank in the faction and even if they are on duty at the time ( only affects PD ). The fact that you dont have to go through any effort and information such as drops is fed to you no matter where you are and what you are doing doesn't make much sense to me. I know people will say RPly you have to ignore it, however I have seen officers go off-duty, then the notification pops up and then they go on-duty again. I don't have any suggestions to improve it but this system definitely needs a rework.

• Upvote 1

Before giving any feedback regarding this, would like to do some testing regarding this and how it works.

AFAIK, PD does not randomly get any notifications, this was removed with the introduction of NPCs, and requires PD to physically go to an NPC to retrieve the information. There is no difference if another faction has interrogated the NPC, PD does not get any notification and rely on the information that a drop is coming at X in Y-Z time. If in your situation PD got information about a drop, could have just as well been someone leaking information IC, rather than anything script related, but again, I have never once gotten any notification of drops while on PD, since the turfs were introduced.

The system how it is now is fine. PD/SD have a very small chance of getting any type of information.

5 hours ago, Yousef Assad said:
  • I believe the current system works like this. Someone interrogates the black market dealer. If successful the dealer frequently tells ALL the official illegal factions along with PD and SD. This doesn't make sense. It should only tell the faction that is interrogating the dealer. I also heard that the Irish shipment NPC leaked THEIR OWN drop to their own gang. I believe there may be some bugs in the system and it's negatively affecting the server. 

This is not correct, the current system is very different to how you believe it works.

2 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

+/- I don't think that the dealers should tell everyone were a drop is after someone finds it out.

This above doesn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The system it's perfectly fine as it works right now. The chances of getting a shipment compromised are very low compared to your beliefs.
And also, in my opinion, the fact that you don't completely understand nor know how it works 100%, it's exactly the point of why this system should remain untouched. 

• Like 2

+1

There are some things which need changing. When PD gets notified for a drop there is no way of stopping them unless you have a lot of numbers causing you to lose whatever you ordered which can sometimes be 300k+. Some people will say criminals are not meant to win against PD which is correct and Criminals have a win mentality  but on the other hand this is the type of people who say that. https://streamable.com/7h6hor

I just feel like criminals should have at least a chance with the police because at the moment when our drop gets comped 20+ officers show up all with full body armour, carbines, insurgents giving criminals 0% chance of getting the drop. Just feels more like an OOC punishment than an IC one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Mchoe said:

+1

There are some things which need changing. When PD gets notified for a drop there is no way of stopping them unless you have a lot of numbers causing you to lose whatever you ordered which can sometimes be 300k+. Some people will say criminals are not meant to win against PD which is correct and Criminals have a win mentality  but on the other hand this is the type of people who say that. https://streamable.com/7h6hor

I just feel like criminals should have at least a chance with the police because at the moment when our drop gets comped 20+ officers show up all with full body armour, carbines, insurgents giving criminals 0% chance of getting the drop. Just feels more like an OOC punishment than an IC one.

I forgot too add that the drop compromising chances got increased as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Mchoe said:

I forgot too add that the drop compromising chances got increased as well.

I dare to say though that with an ongoing conclict involving multiple gangs (which many of them, as non official, rely on others) the need of orders increased as well, and with it the chances of getting at least few of them compromised. Those two things are strictly related, as well as what time you make the order. Matter of wiseness, if you ask me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Shining0103 said:

I dare to say though that with an ongoing conclict involving multiple gangs (which many of them, as non official, rely on others) the need of orders increased as well, and with it the chances of getting at least few of them compromised. Those two things are strictly related, as well as what time you make the order. Matter of wiseness, if you ask me. 

A Senior Administrator gave me this information.

• Like 1

I don't think people are understanding the suggestion. It's not suggesting to change the odds, it's suggesting to change the "Snitch" mechanic to be more in line with how the Turf system works. PD gets notifications in chat when they get the alert for shipments, why not make it so they can interrogate the NPC like crims can? The suggestion is to make the "Snitch" mechanic more realistic and make more sense in RP, not to make it more or less fair in RNG.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harley said:

PD gets notifications in chat when they get the alert for shipments, why not make it so they can interrogate the NPC like crims can?

This is already a feature as far as I'm aware. Pretty sure these are the only two ways that PD can get notified, with the notifications being an extremely low chance, and the interrogation only being limited to certain ranks and obviously we can't just go around interrogating every single NPC until we find a shipment. 

27 minutes ago, Harley said:

I don't think people are understanding the suggestion. It's not suggesting to change the odds, it's suggesting to change the "Snitch" mechanic to be more in line with how the Turf system works. PD gets notifications in chat when they get the alert for shipments, why not make it so they can interrogate the NPC like crims can? The suggestion is to make the "Snitch" mechanic more realistic and make more sense in RP, not to make it more or less fair in RNG.

PD has this already, Crim factions can also get the notification in chat. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Mchoe said:

+1

i dont know if you know this but the chance of pd or sd being informed of a drop is 2.5%

• polarcop 1

7 hours ago, Yousef Assad said:

• As far as I know there is also a chance that PD will get notified of the drops separate of the other illegal factions. This I believe is okay, but I do not think they should get the info when an illegal faction member interrogates a shipment dealer. It makes no RP sense that they would get the info out of thin air. I believe it should be changed so that only the gang that interrogates the dealer gets the information.  

Interrogating an NPC from PD/SDs side is a 2.5% chance of success. We rarely get drop information.

The chances of us being INFORMED by the server of a drop without us having to interrogate is an even lesser chance. 

We had a 3 month dry streak if not longer of going to a single compromised drop location.

I am rather active in-game and I have seen a total of 3 notifications sent to LSPD and assisted in 2 sent to SD in the past 3 months. The frequency of receiving these notifications is extremely rare. Most of the times we manage to intercept a drop is because of an actual player being an informant, not the script - but that is IC. 

The chances of receiving a notification are very slim, likewise the chances of the NPC giving the information are also very slim. The system as it is now works well as it's not realistic for crims to freely import without a need to feel worried about interception.

When I was playing crim not so long ago (on the current import system) out of roughly 10 imports, only 1 was compromised.

I think the current system is very balanced as it gives the importers the fear of compromise, but also a very good chance at a free drop. As above, it's very slim for us to find out from the script. 

• Like 1

-1, dont really see any need to change the system based on percentages given in this thread. Keep in mind there a lots of orders going on, and it is not PD 2.5% (or lower in case of random) chance of your shipments, its a 2.5% chance (or lower in case of random) of all shipments happening in the world.

Feel free to break your shipments up too, not everything /has/ to be imported at once.

EDIT:

This thread did raise a good point of off-duty officers receiving shipments texts and then coming on-duty as a result, I feel like the text should only be sent out to on-duty officers.

Edited by Kjaer
additional thought

1 hour ago, JakeInnit_ said:

It would be nice if developers could explain exactly how the script works, a lot of this is based on presumption as no-one outside of development really knows the facts. Once the facts become common knowledge we could make suggestions in order to improve QoL.

^

Edited by LeftSharkie
  • POG 1

Huge +1 I believe if an officer interrogates an NPC only that officer should receive the info then proceed ICLY to raid the drop. 

After seeing 6+ compromised drops in the past 3 weeks alone, 1 compromised not even an hour after the other. I believe it should be changed, why should all crim factions get a notification if a single officer interrogates the NPC likewise with PD being notified if a crim interrogates the NPC