TheRealNvM

Paintball or other Non-DM shooting games

I think having a IC game where you can "shoot" your friends without actually injuring anyone would be super fun. Somewhere on the map for something like paintball where you could go with your friends, get a fake gun and have a shootout.

I think this could open up into allowing people to eventually forming teams and such and playing against each other in a civ manner. 

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has any ideas on something like this that would allow civs to have fake gunfights like you could go to Paintball/Airsoft IRL. 

Edited by TheRealNvM
  • Like 3
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 22

+1 I've got a half written suggestion on an airsoft type event room. I believe this would really help combat the random urges for shootouts etc in a managed way. I personally would love to log on do some airsoft/paintball and then focus on my rp. 

The players would pay cash to enter and even further cash for different tier of guns (removes money from the economy). 

There is so much that could be added to this, I'll draft up a proper response soon. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, CallumMontie said:

+1 I've got a half written suggestion on an airsoft type event room. I believe this would really help combat the random urges for shootouts etc in a managed way. I personally would love to log on do some airsoft/paintball and then focus on my rp. 

The players would pay cash to enter and even further cash for different tier of guns (removes money from the economy). 

There is so much that could be added to this, I'll draft up a proper response soon. 

+1 

I agree, there could be so much potential RP that can come from paintball. If we have it player-owned and operated, this will spark an additional business opportunity. Truckers will have other routes of delivery and items. People who just want to practice shooting can or if they just want to have good fun with friends.

Departments like PD, SD, DOC can utilize these places for "tactical training"

The business owners can furnish new and customized shooting rooms with different obstacles and etc.

And yes, this also serve as another reason for people to spend their money and thereby another method of distribution of the economy.

This does not have to be something OOC like other server (won't mention cuz Server Ad)

-1 Unless this is scripted in a way that completely differs from usual gun-play I think it will be used to create new shooting metas. Maybe this is just bad shitty experience, but I feel like only cops and robbers SAMP servers used to have these paintball arenas where the sweatiest kids used to get better at shootouts. 

• NAY 4