FrankieP

Roll back most of the latest update

They should really change the house door and general store UI. Like you have to stand in the exact same position but if you come a little bit closer you can't access it. And its hard to aim, they should make the hitbox much bigger

Most safes I encounter, are non-RPly hidden in unrealistic places (admins confirmed their positioning was unrealistic, therefore non-RP) and you had to either spam /accesssafe or "i" around instead of just look around and pay attention to details. Some of them required the player to stay in a certain position or you couldn't even access them.

Dealing with a big amount of items on the floor (bags, briefcases and misc items) was hard and you had to pray for your character to pick up the item you wanted. Right now, if there's 5 items around you, all you have to do is point and press E.

The current UI makes you be more precise when dealing with items but I don't really like the scroll idea. I'd rather press a key to go down and knowing that the last option is the one I am looking for, I will rapidly press it twice and then "E" instead of using the unprecise mouse wheel, pull the gun out by mistake, put it back and retry.

What I am tryna say is the new changes are good but I'd rather spam a key to change how I want to interract with an object and I will still be more precise than using the mouse wheel.

Edited by TheCactus

Please revert back to using keybinds to operate houses, for whatever reason my scrollwheel won't even register when I try to scroll using the new menu. I can't use the house or access the cars I've spent countless hours and millions of ingame currency getting. Atleast give people the option to revert back to the old UI

Just now, TheCactus said:

Most safes I encounter, are non-RPly hidden in unrealistic places (admins confirmed their positioning was unrealistic, therefore non-RP) and you had to either spam /accesssafe or "i" around instead of just look around and pay attention to details. Some of them required the player to stay in a certain position or you couldn't even access them.

Dealing with a big amount of items on the floor (bags, briefcases and misc items) was hard and you had to pray for your character to pick up the item you wanted. Right now, if there's 5 items around you, all you have to do is point and press E.

The current UI makes you be more precise when dealing with items but I don't really like the scroll idea. I'd rather press a key to go down and knowing that the last option is the one I am looking for, I will rapidly press it twice and then "E" instead of using the unprecise mouse wheel, pull the gun out by mistake, put it back and retry.

What I am tryna say is the new changes are good but I'd rather spam a key to change how I want to interract with an object and I will still be more precise than using the mouse wheel.

Spamming /accesssafe is nonrp. You should be rp'ing looking in, under and behind furniture to find any safes that may be there. To me it seems like you just want easy loot and have no consideration for rp

• NAY 2

He had to spam it because the location of the safe was non rp, therefore accesssafe was an ooc means to find it as they would had it been positioned rply

9 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

Spamming /accesssafe is nonrp. You should be rp'ing looking in, under and behind furniture to find any safes that may be there. To me it seems like you just want easy loot and have no consideration for rp

+1 gates should still work with E and the house features are so annoying.

The new UI broke the slamvan, cant open anything or access it anymore

As for bags and ground items its really good but we dont need it, previous system worked well enough.

Id still like to thank the devs but im not a fan of your new UI. Loved the other changes tho!

7 hours ago, FrankieP said:

Teach me how to RP please.

+1 The new UI isn't too bad once you get used to it for things such as Cars and picking stuff up. But the one thing I hate is how you interact with furniture and doors with this new UI. It makes some doors and safes that were before accessible but are now inaccessible. Safes are espicially tricky because if you can't access it, you most likely can't remove it due to it having stuff inside. The rest of the update was fine in my opinion and the apartments is a lovely addition but the UI can be a bit too complicated.

• Like 1

+1

When I try to look at the UI update objectively, I ask myself questions like "does it make interaction with items, bags, vehicles and houses easier?" or "does it make these interactions less frustrating / time consuming?" and the answer to both of those questions is no. 

There are very few things that this UI update has improved, it makes it a little bit easier to select a bag or briefcase if you were to drop a lot of them on the ground in the same area in close proximity, but the old system with just pressing "i" near a bag was much easier and pretty accurate. Now I have to turn my character around and look around trying to find the menu for opening/carrying/picking up my bag and then use the scroll wheel to pick which option, it's very frustrating and makes my experience on the server as a "drug cooker" much harder than before. 

Other problems I have are,  searching the inventory of house storage( I have to move all around my house looking for the correct angle) which is a struggle and takes more time, for player houses ,entering a house unlocking and managing your garage is more dangerous than before due to not being able to press keys on your keyboard to do it easily and having to scroll move mouse etc. Why did they keep "k" to unlock cars but not houses? 

Generally I don't understand the point of an UI update that just makes things harder. It may look a little bit prettier but isn't any more immersive than the old system. I hate shitting on an update that took a lot of hard work and time from the developers because I appreciate their work but I generally don't like this new UI and find it frustrating to deal with when I know the old system was much smoother for me. Of course this isn't a big enough of a deal for me to quit the server or anything, just a minor quality of life degradation that can be dealt with and I can get used to. 

• Like 1

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

We are not going to be rolling back the update. Our developers & founders will improve the system as time goes, but essentially, this new UI is here to remain. We hope that by now, that you've gotten used to it! 

- Osborn.

• Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.