FrankieP

Roll back most of the latest update

To me, the new UI seems like a pretty pointless update on a problem that didn't actually exist. There's no point in further complicating a system that had nothing wrong with it anyway; as they say, if it aint broke don't fix it. Having to use a scroll wheel to unlock and lock property doors makes you run the risk of a weapon being drawn accidently, which further leaves you lacking, as this now gives someone a reason to rob you when you never intended to show your weapon. Furthermore, having to use scroll wheel to pick up items, and being given such a tiny hitbox to find the 'pick up' option makes the UI even more frustrating.

As for the addition of apartment blocks and the removal of ID search from MDC, I believe they are welcome changes that don't need to be rolled back.

• Like 4
  • NAY 2
  • Upvote 11

Apartments are a welcome addition but the removal of ID searching on MDC essentially breaks Forensics/IB. Now they have no way to tell if someone is lying in a /ldo unless you /report and ask an admin. Tell me when was the last time an admin replied to your /report in the first 5 minutes?

I don't mind the scroll wheel addition but yeah I agree it's an addition that wasn't needed. The hitbox definetely needs to be bigger if this addition is kept.

A quality of life improvement that 100% should take priority over this weird scroll wheel addition is the Phone improvements that were suggested here: 

18 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

To me, the new UI seems like a pretty pointless update on a problem that didn't actually exist. There's no point in further complicating a system that had nothing wrong with it anyway; as they say, if it aint broke don't fix it. Having to use a scroll wheel to unlock and lock property doors makes you run the risk of a weapon being drawn accidently, which further leaves you lacking, as this now gives someone a reason to rob you when you never intended to show your weapon. Furthermore, having to use scroll wheel to pick up items, and being given such a tiny hitbox to find the 'pick up' option makes the UI even more frustrating.

As for the addition of apartment blocks and the removal of ID search from MDC, I believe they are welcome changes that don't need to be rolled back.

I agree totally with your point. Just imagine trying to pick up your bag or a crate in a hurry and you keep missing aiming perfectly at the object to interact with it. The interface changes is just a buzz kill. 

I agree as well. The new UI is not user friendly and accidentally pulling out a weapon isn't good. Also if you are trying to pack up quick if someone is coming up to potentially rob you is hard. You have to find a small hit box and scroll fast versus before just hitting a button so your bag or crate can quickly be picked up.

+1 Not user friendly, server is not stable at the moment especially when hitting the higher player marks. Something isn't working here and the new UI is not user friendly at all, causes issues like pulling out weapons in front of cops.

• Like 2

+1 I love the apartments (which are actually condos not apartments) but the UI is absolute trash. Cars have like 7 little floating menus all over them when you approach them. You can't quickly lock your house and enter it because you're trying to AIM to get the menu, half of the safes in my house are inaccessible except for weird little angles. It's really bad.

+1 UI was not needed, and is now worse than it was previously, having a hotkey to search, pickup, or carry is much better than me having to Arma3 scroll to pick one of them, not to mention It takes me 10 minutes to lock and unlock my property doors.

It's currently garbage, but it would be better actually if its fixed.. Like having the options appear easier. I do like it except it takes loads of time just to have the auto aim appear then try to aim at the side of the door or object then go back and front then adjusting a lot until you get the green light to scroll.

I only like it because I can add more small safes and gain the ability to interact with them.

Oh boy it is so difficult to use.

I do not agree with this suggestion. Perhaps make it more user friendly but everyone should not be complaining "Rollback" etc, why not suggest things to improve UPON this new feature? It must have been done for a reason.

Personally, I like the system now I have gotten used to it. People are pulling guns out when they miss the option.

Edited by x97d
  • Like 1

+1

Currently the WorldInteraction is not faster, not simpler, n not really an improvement.

After spending 5 minutes trying to get in my house thinking the new system was broken, I realised it is not “scroll” to navigate the options, but whatever your next/previous weapon keybind is set to. This was not made clear, but maybe I’m just stupid for not knowing that. Though, as others have mentioned, having the key to navigate the options, the same as your weapon selection key, is not ideal at all.

I got the impression from staff on discord that this system is needed for future updates, if that is the case then I understand we will not revert back to the old system. However, there are clearly issues and things that could be improved on with the new system. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.