Felcon

PD RP

This is in no way to insult the current cop RP or to slander the faction

I feel like that PD an official faction which is vital to the server say they have to maintain a high quality of roleplay but I feel like I have been missing it the past couple months. 

PD should start making RP stories on their forums like criminal factions. Detectives always says there is a lot of RP going on but the only thing I can see on all PD forum threads is some photo's 

that are photo shopped with a little more saturation. PD should start showing more of their /me and /do's and maybe make a story. A good example was when PD decided to full on raid the triads HQ. Apparently there was alot of RP involved that only a limited amount of people could see even tho there were over a 100+ man involved. Why were there no screenshots of the /me and /do's and we only saw some pictures of detectives posing around. 

Just IA report attitude needs to stop   Lately I feel like PD has really gone hard on a just IA report attitude which is really annoying and in my opinion NONRP.  PD have the use of detectives and higher ups who are able to remove charges. PD is also required to use bodycam and you can do a lot of body cam RP with /do's which often dont happen and people just get told IA report it. Or when low rank officers put charges on you whilst higher up officers are there and they are not willing to RP but just wanna arrest you put in jail and leave the scene. IA report provides 0 role play by the person affected with it and ends up sitting in jail because a guy said so. Untill we have a correct DOJ system we need to RP more with all the parties to find more stuff out and stop with the just IA attitude. 

I just wanna bring up again that Its not to slander the faction and the faction within. This is supposed to be feedback in what I think PD should start doing to make roleplay more enjoyable for all parties. Ive put this in discussion so people can give their opinions as this is just my personal opinion I think PD can change/improve. Please give feedback or your opinion on what you think about these 2 points. I hope with enough support or if people like the idea this could be implemented in some way 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 12

54 minutes ago, Felcon said:

Just IA report attitude needs to stop   Lately I feel like PD has really gone hard on a just IA report attitude which is really annoying and in my opinion NONRP.  PD have the use of detectives and higher ups who are able to remove charges. PD is also required to use bodycam and you can do a lot of body cam RP with /do's which often dont happen and people just get told IA report it. Or when low rank officers put charges on you whilst higher up officers are there and they are not willing to RP but just wanna arrest you put in jail and leave the scene. IA report provides 0 role play by the person affected with it and ends up sitting in jail because a guy said so. Untill we have a correct DOJ system we need to RP more with all the parties to find more stuff out and stop with the just IA attitude. 

+1 to this, I have my personally feeling about how the SD/PD runs its operations and their ability's, But I think better RP/losing the "Just IA report" mentality would be a good step

Edited by Ultra3D

15 hours ago, Felcon said:

Just IA report attitude needs to stop   Lately I feel like PD has really gone hard on a just IA report attitude which is really annoying and in my opinion NONRP. 

It would be better if there was a court system where we would give in our evidence then the Judge decides the jail sentence. Without this in the server there's not much people can do other than tell you to make an IA report. As a Officer my self I have shown my evidence to the suspects before by rp'ing uploading it onto the computer at DOC. The issue we have is that when we arrest someone sometimes they jump to conclusions that we have metagamed their ID, which we don't.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:46 PM, HobGoblin said:

It would be better if there was a court system where we would give in our evidence then the Judge decides the jail sentence. Without this in the server there's not much people can do other than tell you to make an IA report. As a Officer my self I have shown my evidence to the suspects before by rp'ing uploading it onto the computer at DOC. The issue we have is that when we arrest someone sometimes they jump to conclusions that we have metagamed their ID, which we don't.

Yes of course the court system would be better but in a lot of cases people get charged while their is little to no evidence except and you just hear  oh its the officers word. At least make it a bit more realistic and if there is a higher officer at the situation they can confirm. I think it just provides better RP for both parties. Whats your opinion on the 1st part tho as you are the only officer responding about PD starting actually write RP stories on the forums instead of edited saturated photo's 

+1, although i will say this "make an IA report !!!" attitude has been around for a long time. But then you have to think from a cops POV, they have to all day long deal with people who just ask for supervisors and complain even though they have done the crime that's been complained about. Would be nice to see more encouragement from FM on displaying good roleplay from PD, like most other factions.

48 minutes ago, Felcon said:

Yes of course the court system would be better but in a lot of cases people get charged while their is little to no evidence except and you just hear  oh its the officers word. At least make it a bit more realistic and if there is a higher officer at the situation they can confirm. I think it just provides better RP for both parties. Whats your opinion on the 1st part tho as you are the only officer responding about PD starting actually write RP stories on the forums instead of edited saturated photo's 

I also agree on the forum posts. 

Edited by HobGoblin

I think its a balance between being realistic and being time consuming. Not always will there be a supervisor that can just "drop" whatever active call or situation they have to come "chat" with a criminal who most likely committed the crime they are being held for. In that regard, making an IA report would be just like "talking" to that supervisor except more effective as it's not coming off as complaining and you are using the correct avenue provided to you by the police department. Almost all the situations I see involving police end up in "/ooc I wasn't doing anything wrong" and this completely ruins immersion. Police move quickly as possible because they are the only ones responsible for handling EVERY crime in the city and it doesn't just stop. As for the court system this would require a complete change in rules and could potentially make people more angry as they now have a trial they have to appear before, hire a lawyer to defend them, get a judge to sit on the case, have a jury... it's time consuming. I also wonder how many people who just avoid court all together, racking up charges and finally getting a sentence that they "don't agree with" or "that was so long ago" after committing all those crimes.

Edited by PurplePlant

A small bump maybe for more discussion and community output. I still feel like the heavy RP side of PD eg: IB should post forum posts of non active RP scenario's for example they just catched a criminal that they have hunted for the past weeks which provided alot of RP yet few people get to experience/see it. This is where PD could show on an OOC level what they do. also personal stories would be nice but would be player depended 

Many times over past few weeks have i tired to engage with PD/SD in RP situations and a lot of the time im just outright ignored happened just today i asked some officer what would my charges be and he just outright ignored my question, this right here takes so much away from RP as how can you question the charges open up more dialog. I just feel as you mentioned above a lot of officers just want to smack you with the charges and be done with you. 

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure that us showing what we do OOC is as important or relevant to showing it on LifeInvader for example.
I think perhaps maybe it is better that we try and keep OOC and IC as far apart as possible.

In terms of the "just IA" attitude, what I would say is that you have an opportunity to exercise your IC right to have your charges reviewed in-game by a superior rank. I've been to a few scenes where someone asked for a supervisor. Sometimes it does get solved, because people just want to make sure they are going in for what they've done, nothing more or less but then other times, people are just trying to get out of the charges and won't accept any other outcome. In which case, an IA report is the last chance for you to defend yourself.

Sometimes superiors are not available or the situation is dangerous to the point where at that moment, you can't wait around for someone to show up but you have certain rights as a civilian in Los Santos. It's up to you IC to use those rights.

I'm not sure that us showing what we do OOC is as important or relevant to showing it on LifeInvader for example.
I think perhaps maybe it is better that we try and keep OOC and IC as far apart as possible.

In terms of the "just IA" attitude, what I would say is that you have an opportunity to exercise your IC right to have your charges reviewed in-game by a superior rank. I've been to a few scenes where someone asked for a supervisor. Sometimes it does get solved, because people just want to make sure they are going in for what they've done, nothing more or less but then other times, people are just trying to get out of the charges and won't accept any other outcome. In which case, an IA report is the last chance for you to defend yourself.

Sometimes superiors are not available or the situation is dangerous to the point where at that moment, you can't wait around for someone to show up but you have certain rights as a civilian in Los Santos. It's up to you IC to use those rights.

Most people see IA as a black hole where nothing gets done, with a severe bias towards PD.

Edited by Jleoni

"Most likely to be suspended" in your signature. It's because IA doesn't do jack shit ICly or OOCly lmfao

• Confused 1

Most people see IA as a black hole where nothing gets done, with a severe bias towards PD.

I was in the LSPD Internal Affairs for a number of months and I've got to say, I never once felt like I'd done anyone a 'favour' with the outcomes and if anything, there were times where I was really disappointed in some of the things some officers had done. The vast majority of the faction are getting things correctly on a daily, but i'm not going to sit here and pretend that mistakes don't get made because they do.

That being said, I think the severe bias isn't bias from the people handling the reports, it's that the burden of proof is on you as the reporter to have evidence of wrongdoing. Not only evidence but evidence that is correctly obtained in a role-play manner. Half the time evidence does get submitted, you can't use it IC either because it was gained OOC or the reporter doesn't have evidence that their recording device was on for example.

Maybe you won't believe me and that's fine, but I will tell you, IA reports are taken very seriously and there is a lot of time and investigation that goes into it, to do it properly.

---

"Make an IA report bro 😎"

fak7RCL.png

Only waited 5+ months and not a single word from SD IA, and I even asked them if there's any news regarding it 2 months in still nothing.

An officer can say you did a crime, even if you didn't, without ANY evidence and there is no way for you to get your charge removed and even IA can't help you which is absolutely pathetic

Also, if you make an IA on a officer, and he leaves PD it will get decline because the player is no longer in the faction, and if they join back months later and you make a new one regarding the same situation it will get declined because the situation "happened a while ago" 🙂

I'm talking completely out of my own experience, this is not made up and I can provide evidence if needed

Things need to change but most of them are denying that and they can basically get away with whatever the fuck they want 

---

I don't wish to comment on SD's Internal Affairs because I would have absolutely no idea about what i'm talking about. I don't know about their case-loads, their procedures or anything like that.

As for PD, no-one in the faction can just invent charges to give you if you haven't done the crime in question. That's violating our OOC corruption policy but then what does happen quite a lot is that criminals will of course dispute that they did anything wrong or perhaps that the cop knew enough about them doing something wrong to charge them with it. It becomes a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact.

If you have evidence, they are in no position to deny anything. Evidence is everything when it comes to IA.

---

"Most likely to be suspended" in your signature. It's because IA doesn't do jack shit ICly or OOCly lmfao

You're actually Wong there. Most Likely to get Suspended was actually a meme from our LSPD Awards we held back in April, because I'd done some stupid stuff and got myself into trouble but since people like yourself think it's a negative, I'll be removing it.

I have never really been in trouble with IA, but I have been suspended from the PD on three occasions for doing some dumb shit, both IC and OOC.

As someone that spent six months in IA, your comment is actually really misinformed. You might not of personally got an outcome that you wanted or a report handled in the way that you wanted, but considering LSPD's IA is ran by two Senior Admins and long time members of the PD, I would suggest that they're probably better placed to decide what's legitimate and not than either you or I.

As for PD, no-one in the faction can just invent charges to give you if you haven't done the crime in question. That's violating our OOC corruption policy but then what does happen quite a lot is that criminals will of course dispute that they did anything wrong or perhaps that the cop knew enough about them doing something wrong to charge them with it. It becomes a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact.

This has happened to me, but from SD (it is my understanding the bolded also applies to SD).

Went to impound, officer arrested me due to having charges. I raised a complete stink as they were not true. Officer gets in contact with the SD officer who placed the charges, the SD officer said that they placed them at their superiors request, but they personally had nothing to do with the situation. After some discussion (and 1-2 hrs OOC time, AND my pocket money + mask) the charge was dropped and I was released. After the situation, I spoke with the arresting officer regarding an IA report, and his stance was that it would likely be a waste of my time and no repercussions would befell the officers (neither the charging officer nor their superior who supposedly ordered the charges). I had my entire play session recorded, and had zero negative interaction with PD. I spend most of my days playing poker or checking out houses/cars, not doing typical crim stuff.

Difficult problem, especially when playing on a free server, and I've had pretty good interactions with many PD/SD (generally positive). Not sure what the solution could or would be.

Edited by Jleoni

When your own officers are not recommending IA reports due to them being a waste of time, how can the public's perception be any better?

They were most likely not recommending it because a supervisor had just dealt with the situation. I don't believe for a second they would be not recommending using IA at all.

"Make an IA report bro 😎"

fak7RCL.png

Only waited 5+ months and not a single word from SD IA, and I even asked them if there's any news regarding it 2 months in still nothing.

An officer can say you did a crime, even if you didn't, without ANY evidence and there is no way for you to get your charge removed and even IA can't help you which is absolutely pathetic

Also, if you make an IA on a officer, and he leaves PD it will get decline because the player is no longer in the faction, and if they join back months later and you make a new one regarding the same situation it will get declined because the situation "happened a while ago" 🙂

I'm talking completely out of my own experience, this is not made up and I can provide evidence if needed

Things need to change but most of them are denying that and they can basically get away with whatever the fuck they want 

Hey,

This is not entirely true. This incident you reported in February and then again in April was resolved with your faction leader OOCly, as it was an OOC report and involved both of our factions at the time and the deputy in question was sanctioned, it was after talking about it with your faction leader concluded.

I was never informed of this which is a bit odd but I guess you guys could've at least sent a reply 

I thought you guys would've talked about this internally as well. It was done because this wasn't so much an IA report but could/should have been a player report. Admins were involved on my side and the footage reviewed etc

Just to show you all that "IA does nothing" is not quite true, here are all IA reports SD has ever had and their outcomes. You can see that 41% of them result in SUS, which is SUSTAINED and means the reported deputy did in fact do something wrong and was punished for it. The other ones often say ACD which stands for actions could be different, which means that yes, they could've done it differently but weren't in direct breach of protocol.

IA works

noXv0uU.jpg

noXv0uU.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.