Weecey

Blindfolds

I see where its going but I think theres a big chance it will be abused like zip ties. Currently almost every low level robbery ends up with you being zip tied for no reason. 30 minutes is a long time without being able to do anything. I just can't agree to possibly being powergamed into sitting in my chair doing nothing for 30 minutes.

I saw this feature in other games. It's fun when you're the one blindfolding people, being blindfolded is fine too, but not so much after some time. You're essentially looking at a black screen with text, which is pretty shit gameplay wise. So knowing how bad it really is to have something like this and how happily people use this on others, I'll say no. RP'ly covering peoples eyes is good enough imo and it doesn't make people fall asleep.

• Upvote 1

-1 unless they are both: 1 time use and have an extremely high price tag (like 20k+)

There are probably some niche scenarios where they make sense, but in like 95% of scenarios on this server there is no need and being on the blindfolded side isn't going to be enjoyable at all.  The fact that people on the server cannot act maturely with haircuts and zip ties should be enough to not vote in favor of this which is clearly worse than those as the victim. 

With that in mind, I think the extreme price tag would allow them to be used in those niche scenarios while not being abused in standard robberies just to be a dick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TreMetal said:

-1 unless they are both: 1 time use and have an extremely high price tag (like 20k+)

There are probably some niche scenarios where they make sense, but in like 95% of scenarios on this server there is no need and being on the blindfolded side isn't going to be enjoyable at all.  The fact that people on the server cannot act maturely with haircuts and zip ties should be enough to not vote in favor of this which is clearly worse than those as the victim. 

With that in mind, I think the extreme price tag would allow them to be used in those niche scenarios while not being abused in standard robberies just to be a dick.

A 20k price tag makes no sense at all. A blindfold would be more than boltcutters, which is way more effective and gains a player more money. A 20k pricetag is just very unrealistic i think. 

Just now, Reece_1303 said:

A 20k price tag makes no sense at all. A blindfold would be more than boltcutters, which is way more effective and gains a player more money. A 20k pricetag is just very unrealistic i think. 

The price tag is to reflect the OOC significance of the item not to emulate a realistic price. I think that was explained VERY clearly, so I am not sure why you are replying as you are.

Big +1, was about to suggest same but luckily looked up that there already is such suggestion. While as mentioned in next comment, people RP it, a script supported blindfold that makes player see only pitch black darkness, will be helpful to prevent MG and PG as the player in blindfold simply will not be able to see anything, as it should be with blindfold. Surprised why it is not implemented yet.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo