Bala

Increase Illegal Faction Member Cap

Eclipse is enjoying a swole in population right now and I feel like given the current climate with PD sitting pretty at 130 members, DOC at 48 and SD at 55 with no cap, that it isn't unreasonable for scripted factions such as Los Zetas, Triads and West Coast Assassins to be able to extend their ranks.

Gamble, Bruce and DeAndre are all experienced members of this community and all with a lot of experience running an illegal faction. They understand the need for their factions to follow the rules as much as they possibly can, so I don't think they'll invite people into their factions willy nilly.

I think that with the current population, the cap should be increased by 20 to 80. Zetas are pretty much at capacity. Triads are 10 off that and WCA has rapidly grown over the past few months to the same amount.

As long as a good standard of roleplay is maintained by these factions, they should be allowed and encouraged to expand where they feel comfortable to do so. New Players coming into the server want to be a part of something and they'll stay longer if they have something to invest in, it makes sense.

Plus, more people for us to arrest and LSC/Bayview gets more business from all the extra vehicles that need colouring! 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1

As most official gangs have fairly high quality recruitment standards in place, I don't see this increase in member cap dropping the overall quality. 

Imo the cap doesn't need to exist either way as FM are there to intervene and assit control Factions, when the factions themselves fail to do so. 

1 hour ago, Victor Einhart said:

I'm not against this suggestion, but in my opinion there should be a number of different gangs, not bigger gangs.

I agree with this, there should be more gangs however having to turn people away or make them wait longer then usual because of a ooc cap is kinda whack. Imagine applying for pd, showing your worth in the training and then they say, Oh sorry mate you can't join yet we are full on f4.

• Like 1

-1 I am a criminal and I think some gangs are way too big. It is just crazy for a new gang with 3-4 people online to be attacked by 15 people. Also, the quality of the roleplay of gangs is very poor. If I would've seen some extortion, some protection tax or some tax for using the chop-shop or the drug labs, it would've been a good suggestion, but right now all I see is /s Hands up. /me frisks the person. /do can I?. I simply don't want to be robbed by 20-30 people at the time.

With the way of getting illegal weapons being removed (laptops), the pros of being an official faction (HQ, /f chat, treasury) are barely enough to cover the cons. If you're going to remove all of our heavy weaponry and force us to fight 80 PD / SD who have helicopters, M4's, full armor, bulletproof vans, teamspeak, GPS tracking for pursuits with just .50 Pistols, the only way to have a shot is have numbers and ally with other gangs. IMO this hurts the quality of RP as major gangs should not have to all be allied with each other to survive, there should be occasional feuds. But at this point we can't afford to fight other major gangs because PD is just stupid overpowered especially with a crim faction cap and now only having .50's.

Any of the following would help to solve this:

1. Add laptops back

2. Cap PD / SD

3. Uncap illegal factions

I don't think capping is the answer given the growing number of players. At peak times the server is full at 500+ players. These cap numbers were created when we usually had 350 or so players at peak time.

Edited by Copperhorse

Thank you for your suggestion.

We are not interested in increasing the cap at this time after discussing it among Senior Staff a while back. With how things are right now, we'd rather see more diversity among gangs than to increase the members in the small amount that we currently have. 

- Lewis.

• Like 1