Clay

[*] REMOVE GANG COLOR CODES

1 hour ago, Clay said:

Name one IRL gang that operates openly waving their identities infront of governments, Ur basically saying they don't fear for their lives it's not IC at all, Its FearRP think about it.

We could sit here and shit on gangs but let's be honest, if people wanted the kind of gang you're advocating for, they'd create one.  People have their fun and I don't think it's right to take a dump on them because you personally don't like what they like.  If anything, a gang that operates covertly sounds scary.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm in favour of organizations operating covertly (I'm thinking about starting one myself for a RP storyline), but I'd rather such a thing be a new gang rather than trying to tell the existing gangs they must change.

1 minute ago, Victor Einhart said:

We could sit here and shit on gangs but let's be honest, if people wanted the kind of gang you're advocating for, they'd create one.  People have their fun and I don't think it's right to take a dump on them because you personally don't like what they like.  If anything, a gang that operates covertly sounds scary.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm in favour of organizations operating covertly (I'm thinking about starting one myself for a RP storyline), but I'd rather such a thing be a new gang rather than trying to tell the existing gangs they must change.

I actually respect your opinion and i'd support you starting that organization.
My intention was never to shit on gangs or players or force them to do anything i was just pointing out a loophole that could get all gangs against each other and pointing out that it's kind of violating fear RP for their identities and lives.

We already have gangs that don't have a specific color code, namely the MCs. Secondly, if someone wanted to be smart about it and actually hide their affiliation go for it. The Russian Mafia changed it up from a white color code to no color code under the name of realism (but it didn't really end well for them) so I don't see why this is some sort of obligation. It even says on the Faction Guide that high status gangs like Mafias shouldn't have color codes. If you want to make a faction like so, be my guest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

You basically have to, it is a lot easier to recognize people IRL than it is in GTA. targets are smaller and you rely on your graphics setting to see who it is. A bit further down, stuff renders less and you will have issues with not knowing who it is. Additionally, scenes in game are a lot more hectic than those of real life, you cant wave a hand gesture or something similar to help with it.

So yes, gangs use colours to let people know - this is our gang, but you will see some gangs have it more open than not. Triads use vehicle colours and masks, zetas have a quite large range to what is their blue. Additionally, with how the gang colours are in game right now, it creates a lot of RP situations for people to either pretend to be in that gang or do crime in another gangs colours to avoid any repercussions.

Lastly, this is a game and people want to have fun. It is why cops dont just storm gang HQs 24/7 or arrest people for gang affiliation, same reason why gangs dont just straight up shoot at PD at any given time, its a game.

And to your last reply, go right ahead, thats exactly what kind of RP this can create which could actually force gangs to look for other means of identification.

Have you ever played GTA San Andreas? There you have 311 skins. 311 combinations for your character to wear and you have 500 people on server at the same time. So there must be some players with literally SAME skins, same wear same look because of the game. Here you can dress your character however you want, in clothing store you have like 2000 tops to chose and other stuff. So a way way way more combinations to choose between. You can also fully customize your character. And you say that on GTA V, where the graphics are more better than the GTA San Andreas, can't see someone very well? I agree with you, you can't see them like you would see them IRL because this is still a game but it is much more easier than GTA San Andreas because of the next gen graphics. And if we could manage to seperate oureslves in massive gang shootouts in GTA San Andreas, and knew on who to pull a gun and who is your friend I wouldn't see an issue with that in GTA V. If people can't see clearly when then they are shooting well that's the lack of focus because of adrenalin leaking. And that's personal stuff. You need to calm yourself down and look clearly, it's just a game. If it's your character nervous you shouldn't be. Still IRL only biggest criminals are having color codes but not all gangs have that. Maybe they have in some way like masks and that stuff but not full color code from clothing to cars and all other stuff.

8 hours ago, kenichis said:

We already have gangs that don't have a specific color code, namely the MCs. Secondly, if someone wanted to be smart about it and actually hide their affiliation go for it. The Russian Mafia changed it up from a white color code to no color code under the name of realism (but it didn't really end well for them) so I don't see why this is some sort of obligation. It even says on the Faction Guide that high status gangs like Mafias shouldn't have color codes. If you want to make a faction like so, be my guest.

We are talking about that we have more gangs with color codes than gangs without it. We are not pointing that is wrong. We are just pointing that just the biggest gangs IRL have their own color codes and that's it. And by this we went to say to new players and new gang creators not to focus on color codes and that they should focus on something else, more original to them which would result in a better RolePlay. That's my point and what I also see I'm sharing it with @Clay

Completely IC.

If I wanna rep my gang's colours I'll do so and face the circumstances, its not FearRP, you trying to say its not realistic is just completely wrong in so many different ways. Many gangs that operate IRL use colour codes in both their outfits and vehicles.

Regarding your FearRP claim, try going into a drug lab as a Zeta/Triad/WCA/Aztecas and then try going without being affiliated to any of them and see the difference.
If you dont rep colours, you'll get robbed by colours, end of story.

-1 poeple should not have any ooc limits on how they want to dress/represent their group IC. 

Talking for Triads, we only have two ways to distinguish us which is our mask and car colour. 

Even when we are unmasked most gangs and police officers have us aliased as Bruce Triad for example instead of the actual name. Straight up eliminating the "being unrecognised". 

As for the identification, you seem to misunderstand that a lot of gang members recognise each other beyond just a colour, instead they have known clothing, haircuts, cads etc. It's not as simple as drive in purple shoot blue and cause a war, believe it or not there is diplomacy. 

No one is forced to use a colour, just don't expect to get treated civilly IC when you roll up to a gang using their colour on your car etc that they have worked to earn and protect for over a year in some occasions. 

14 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

-1 poeple should not have any ooc limits on how they want to dress/represent their group IC. 

Talking for Triads, we only have two ways to distinguish us which is our mask and car colour. 

Even when we are unmasked most gangs and police officers have us aliased as Bruce Triad for example instead of the actual name. Straight up eliminating the "being unrecognised". 

As for the identification, you seem to misunderstand that a lot of gang members recognise each other beyond just a colour, instead they have known clothing, haircuts, cads etc. It's not as simple as drive in purple shoot blue and cause a war, believe it or not there is diplomacy. 

No one is forced to use a colour, just don't expect to get treated civilly IC when you roll up to a gang using their colour on your car etc that they have worked to earn and protect for over a year in some occasions. 

One word FearRP, You're a chinese crime syndicate and yet you wish to be identified by cops for the sake of having matching colors with ur friends and cars  lmao
Also you just proved my point you made urself recognized and aliased, U think its realistic for a syndicate member to be recognized lmao
I just dont understand how LEO's arent abusing gangs right now and shutting them down for being stupid

Edited by Clay

I live in Southern Arizona, gangs here definitely do flaunt their color or have tattoos in very visible places. Plain red T-Shirts or Baseball caps with the letter B on it colored red, lots of them are "flamed up" (all red or mostly red clothing). Same goes for the Crips or Surenos. (Surenos mostly wear black with hints of blue here) so the RP clothing is very realistic to me.

Edit: The only clothing that is unrealistic are Syndicate gangs and Mafias or Cartel members they don't really flaunt they are involved in criminal activity. But then again its based on a GTA world as well and the Syndicates or Cartel usually have a uniform. 

Edited by FrickManImHigh

47 minutes ago, Clay said:

One word FearRP, You're a chinese crime syndicate and yet you wish to be identified by cops for the sake of having matching colors with ur friends and cars  lmao
Also you just proved my point you made urself recognized and aliased, U think its realistic for a syndicate member to be recognized lmao
I just dont understand how LEO's arent abusing gangs right now and shutting them down for being stupid

Law enforcement currently do target gangs via their colours, it's just something we're willing to deal with.

Triads went for a good 6 months being highly discreet and hard to gather information on, I'm sure a couple of the old detectives will vouch for this. In the current state there is literally no reason to hide yourself as it's highly likely to be metagamed via a Faction thread or IC presumptions. There are plenty of lower down members in gangs successfully operate under the radar and there are others who want to show pride in their faction.

You clearly have no long term experience with any side of this and haven't even attempted to interact with the gangs, inquiring about why they do so. Perhaps before you come blowing your trumpet, take some time and experience it yourself. 

We have called votes on using no colours etc before, all of which were vastly voted as a No. Criminals have their idealism set in place, and there has to be a balance between realism and enjoying yourself.

At the end of the day there is a vastly limited player basis compared to IRL numbers making it harder for gangs to actively conceal themselves. At a given time of 400~ players online around 20-30 of these may be Triads, which is just under 10% of the population, If the server was to be the same population as an IRL city or include NPC traffic etc, the amount these gangs stand out would vastly decrease, even when showing colours etc due to them being covered up by the numbers of the general public.

The LA population is roughly about 4 million, which gives us an easy example. With the current ratios this would mean 300 thousand out of these 4 million would be Triads, which still shows a vast different in density per area, however shows how vastly out of scale the criminal organisation actually would be.

Edited by CallumMontie

59 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Law enforcement currently do target gangs via their colours, it's just something we're willing to deal with.

Triads went for a good 6 months being highly discreet and hard to gather information on, I'm sure a couple of the old detectives will vouch for this. In the current state there is literally no reason to hide yourself as it's highly likely to be metagamed via a Faction thread or IC presumptions. There are plenty of lower down members in gangs successfully operate under the radar and there are others who want to show pride in their faction.

You clearly have no long term experience with any side of this and haven't even attempted to interact with the gangs, inquiring about why they do so. Perhaps before you come blowing your trumpet, take some time and experience it yourself. 

We have called votes on using no colours etc before, all of which were vastly voted as a No. Criminals have their idealism set in place, and there has to be a balance between realism and enjoying yourself.

At the end of the day there is a vastly limited player basis compared to IRL numbers making it harder for gangs to actively conceal themselves. At a given time of 400~ players online around 20-30 of these may be Triads, which is just under 10% of the population, If the server was to be the same population as an IRL city or include NPC traffic etc, the amount these gangs stand out would vastly decrease, even when showing colours etc due to them being covered up by the numbers of the general public.

The LA population is roughly about 4 million, which gives us an easy example. With the current ratios this would mean 300 thousand out of these 4 million would be Triads, which still shows a vast different in density per area, however shows how vastly out of scale the criminal organisation actually would be.

Oh so now we're talking realistic numbers, WCA+Zetas+Triads+The void which are on the panel are about 184 criminals not including unofficial gangs/solo criminals 
Versus  LSPD and LSSD are about 160 , The ratio you're claiming doesnt even apply on the server 

18 minutes ago, Clay said:

Oh so now we're talking realistic numbers, WCA+Zetas+Triads+The void which are on the panel are about 184 criminals not including unofficial gangs/solo criminals 
Versus  LSPD and LSSD are about 160 , The ratio you're claiming doesnt even apply on the server 

You're telling me regular police officers outnumber those in gangs in LA?? Because that also is not the case. Not once did I say this was an accurate / realistic ratio, I was using it to show how we would blend in better had there been a denser population but apparently that was too hard for you to comprehend.

I'm done replying to this because you're failing to see literally anyone else' justification for doing these actions. 

-1 there is no bandana system as you said bloods and crips wear "flags" to identify themselves scriptly you cannot do that. You have to remember after all this is a game and can't be 100% realistic it just wouldn't be fun especially as a criminal, youre saying that people shouldn't let themselves be caught by cops to be aliased meanwhile what do you expect for them to never do anything illegal as a crim? In real life most gang members sell drugs its obviously a lot harder to catch someone irl then it is on a game where there's 200-400 people on at a time and at least 60 of those people are probably PD. In real life there is specific units for gangs where as here every cop basically watches gangs i don't know if you've never been in one of these gangs or at least seen what they do but it would be very hard to identify whos with you and whos not without having things like colored cars masks clothes etc.

Gang symbolism and colours is something taken from real life.

Real life gangs WANT to rep their set man. They're openly putting themselves out there to the police and their rivals on principle. It is an act of defiance.

This is something borrowed from real life it isnt distinct to the gangs of Eclipse RP.

Edited by Andrew_Dockson

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.