Clay

[*] REMOVE GANG COLOR CODES

Let me just get this straight, It is very unrealistic for all gangs to be color coded almost feels like a cops and robbers game mode that i used to play on GTA SA.
Now how is it unrealistic?

It's simple because color codes for gangs is basically them telling cops :

Hello there we wear that color, If you see anyone wearing that that's would be our gang.
Now tell me what faction IRL or an organization would easily compromise their identity like that and danger their life.

However there's an exception
Black race gangs IRL like crips and bloods actually use color codes but with one item, BANDANAS they tie them up around their wrists or on their heads.
But you don't really see an organization picking random colors that are easily distinguishable and waving their identity all around the place.

Gangs should really start RP'ing fear for their identity and stop using the color code, We're not playing cops n robbers.

It is basically FearRP, The only way i could see coded clothing would work is with /MASKS/ 
The clowns used to do that, Once they take off their masks you'll never know who they are.

Edited by Clay
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

As far as I can see, it's done for a practical reason as much as any. Gunfights would be a nightmare.

U do understand that it should be like that?  If you're a detective and dont know who you're shooting that's your IC problem, shooting the color coded guys is basically abuse

Just now, Victor Einhart said:

If anything this is an IC thing.  They're choosing to operate openly and often face IC consequences for doing so.

Agree also but OOCly we should try to make it more rare. Like 2 per 5 gangs to have that or like the biggest ones like they actually do in real life. In real life those smaller ones everyone don't have money to paint their car in the gang color.

4 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

If anything this is an IC thing.  They're choosing to operate openly and often face IC consequences for doing so.

Name one IRL gang that operates openly waving their identities infront of governments, Ur basically saying they don't fear for their lives it's not IC at all, Its FearRP think about it.

5 minutes ago, Clay said:

U do understand that it should be like that?  If you're a detective and dont know who you're shooting that's your IC problem, shooting the color coded guys is basically abuse

What lol, i'm talking about them shooting each other.

I get it, it's probably not the best idea to dress in different colours, but it's one of those "its a game" things where you just have to accept it.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

What lol, i'm talking about them shooting each other.

I get it, it's probably not the best idea to dress in different colours, but it's one of those "its a game" things where you just have to accept it.

Just now, Clay said:

The only option i see available for coded clothing is masks , Anyone recalls the clowns? It was only a mask once they remove it u'll never know.

22 minutes ago, Clay said:

Name one IRL gang that operates openly waving their identities infront of governments, Ur basically saying they don't fear for their lives it's not IC at all, Its FearRP think about it.

the bloods, the crips, latin kings, Hoover, Grape Street, would you like more ?

Just now, Purmineli said:

the bloods, the crips, latin kings, Hoover, Grape Street, would you like more ?

Why dont you read the main post? I already mentioned these and said how they do it, Do you see any gang in game doing that?

3 minutes ago, Jaquan Smith said:

It's all IC. If your gang choosing a color or no, it has been in many gangs as vory, etc

It's fearRP you roleplay as a criminal and i don't think criminals tell everyone that they are criminals, So that's basically no fear for their identities or lives?

1 minute ago, RAttlesnake7473 said:

-1 Tell me have you not seen real life crips or other gangs, They wear THEIR to identify who is in the gang vs who isnt.

Would you read the main post were i adressed the crips before assuming? They wear something as small as a bandana they don't go paint their whole life with blue color believe me gangsters and criminals do fear for their lives.

Okay I've seen it but I'm going to point out that most of us zetas (just as an example) don't go head to toe in blue. If you look at my profile picture you can see i'm wearing 1 blue item my shirt. Other than my shirt being blue my cars are blue that's it.

Look i'm not attacking gangs and calling things, I know that every gang is kind of forced to pick a color and i think that should be removed, Think about it if you're a criminal would you like the cops to easily distinguish you ? If you read my post you'd see that i pointed out /MASKS/ they're actually a much better solution they hide who you are and once you remove them no one knows what you did, and it makes it harder for cops to identify you as a gang member.

Guys just take your time thinking about this subject please and ask urself if it is realistic or not to put ur life in danger.

Just now, Clay said:

Look i'm not attacking gangs and calling things, I know that every gang is kind of forced to pick a color and i think that should be removed, Think about it if you're a criminal would you like the cops to easily distinguish you ? If you read my post you'd see that i pointed out /MASKS/ they're actually a much better solution they hide who you are and once you remove them no one knows what you did, and it makes it harder for cops to identify you as a gang member.

Guys just take your time thinking about this subject please and ask urself if it is realistic or not to put ur life in danger.

Just because someone is in blue doesn't mean there in fear for there life. Say a new player goes and buys blue there not going to be afraid because hes wearing blue. Yes wearing blue personally to cops makes it so they treat us different but that could happen IRL too. I'm done arguing with this ridiculous topic Big -1

Just because someone is in blue doesn't mean there in fear for there life. Say a new player goes and buys blue there not going to be afraid because hes wearing blue. Yes wearing blue personally to cops makes it so they treat us different but that could happen IRL too. I'm done arguing with this ridiculous topic Big -1

U think this is ridiculous? Let's say i got robbed  and got my hair shaved / harrased by WCA, I can just wear Ballas or Zetas with some of my friends and pull up to their HQ and shoot alot of Them ,And i could just shout Don't fuck the ballas or any other gang that they are neutral or in war with, tell me now why shouldn't i start a war between every two gangs who rob me or do me wrong IC'ly?

You basically have to, it is a lot easier to recognize people IRL than it is in GTA. targets are smaller and you rely on your graphics setting to see who it is. A bit further down, stuff renders less and you will have issues with not knowing who it is. Additionally, scenes in game are a lot more hectic than those of real life, you cant wave a hand gesture or something similar to help with it.

So yes, gangs use colours to let people know - this is our gang, but you will see some gangs have it more open than not. Triads use vehicle colours and masks, zetas have a quite large range to what is their blue. Additionally, with how the gang colours are in game right now, it creates a lot of RP situations for people to either pretend to be in that gang or do crime in another gangs colours to avoid any repercussions.

Lastly, this is a game and people want to have fun. It is why cops dont just storm gang HQs 24/7 or arrest people for gang affiliation, same reason why gangs dont just straight up shoot at PD at any given time, its a game.

And to your last reply, go right ahead, thats exactly what kind of RP this can create which could actually force gangs to look for other means of identification.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.