nikoh

SAAA but no Criminal update

17 minutes ago, raademar said:

This is something our faction does on a weekly basis.

And when we last did it, our Roleplay was ABSOLUTELY RUINED by 2 other factions who didn’t care for the roleplay we had set up AT ALL. They simply wanted to win the situation. We had done RP without the help of any in game script, we sent out a /ldo to their faction TO BE FAIR AND CREAT RP, we had a Pounder with high value parts being towed, and we just get rammed by vehicles non stop. We’ve tried to make fun. We’ve tried to make do with what we have. At the end of the day we’re all just fed up with the inequality and the lack of content. We’ve brought up this incident to our handlers to have nothing done about it, so internally and externally we don’t feel heard, which is concerning considering how large the criminal player base is. 

• Like 1

As a criminal would love to have more indepth roleplay like kidnapping more intense chases and deeper roleplay with PD. Its a shame they charge stack you and you sit in prison for 5 hours with 40k in fines while PD gets the RP and gets to continue on with their duties. Last week I for example had a police chase and when PD doesnt get their 'way' I guess chargestacking people into 4 hours of prison is their way of dealing with it but I suppose thats another problem. 

• Like 1

@DetectiveStone - As you are the original poster of this "suggestion" I will point my question to you - where is the actual suggestion here as this seems to be a discussion post as well as the fact that your title is misleading and doesn't really define a suggestion. This is the game suggestion part of the forum and reading through everything and going through all the responses I've made, there is no real specific suggestion being made and the question at the end of your initial post has been answered.

4 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

@DetectiveStone - As you are the original poster of this "suggestion" I will point my question to you - where is the actual suggestion here as this seems to be a discussion post as well as the fact that your title is misleading and doesn't really define a suggestion. This is the game suggestion part of the forum and reading through everything and going through all the responses I've made, there is no real specific suggestion being made.

It’s a thread to address an overall lack of content for criminals, and it has brought a lot of several topics forward, i.e. turfs and portable labs, which are suggestions for the game we play. At the same time, this thread symbolizes the distance between staff and the criminal world of the server, in hopes to bring them closer. However, it doesn’t seem to be working as you’re insinuating you want this to be closed. 

Edited by DetectiveStone
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

@DimaDan - I can empathize with the frustration, trust me I can and if I could provide you with script support I would. I implore you to take this time to look at fun in a different perspective than what you are typically used to. Look for more in-depth roleplay opportunities or put in some behind the scenes work to creating an amazing scenario. Fun shouldn't solely rely on script support and weapons. Now, speaking to crime update when, that is unknown as development takes time and what, that is undisclosed information and can only be provided by very specific people when they deem it right. I ask that you don't get offended by my stating 'just having fun' because yet again, there is absolutely nothing I can do script wise for you. In my capacity as staff I'm actively working on alternate avenues of fun for members of the community. I spend hours a day editing roleplay proposals, planning events, fixing tires in game (I swear I answer about 50 tire reports a day), etc. Do not think we are sitting idly by doing nothing - there is only so much we can do. If anything, I spend more time trying to make sure the community as a whole is having as much uninterrupted fun as possible than focusing on my own roleplay. 

@Tomvd682 - Content comes with time and it's not something that happens simply over a day, week, or even month. It can be agonizing but patience is key.

The point is that it has been a year meanwhile other factions/groups are getting frequent updates/changes

@DetectiveStone - This post in its entirety seems to be more of a discussion posting to promote more discussion as opposed to a fleshed out suggestion where members of the community can provide +1/-1 and further expansion on a specific suggestion. I am more than happy to relocate this - no need to close it as I do agree and promote conversation between all members of the community, staff included, which is why I have been actively on this thread giving a different perspective and providing answers where able.

Also I highly advise keeping tabs on the development channel in the Discord. You can see that the criminal players have not been forgotten and I hope this gives you hope for what is to come.

4 hours ago, Aldarine said:

@DetectiveStone - This post in its entirety seems to be more of a discussion posting to promote more discussion as opposed to a fleshed out suggestion where members of the community can provide +1/-1 and further expansion on a specific suggestion. I am more than happy to relocate this - no need to close it as I do agree and promote conversation between all members of the community, staff included, which is why I have been actively on this thread giving a different perspective and providing answers where able.

This thread has clearly gotten positive feedback by the people who have role played like this for some time. I don’t think a +1/-1 in the comments is what determines whether a thread is a suggestion or a discussion. This suggestion is broad and allows a lot of input from others. Whether it be a discussion is not the question, because it IS a discussion, regardless of where this is posted. Even a Server Suggestion should entice conversation and debate. This thread is broad and interpreted by most reading it as a suggestion to implement more content for criminals because they’ve been neglected. Move it if it’s really that big of a deal, but I don’t see how it’s not a Game Suggestion to add content to a specific player base.

Not to mention you saw my reply and didn’t care about what I had said about my faction finding “fun” outside of the script to just be ruined by a careless actions. Which is exactly what you told my members to do in this time without content

Edited by DetectiveStone

@DetectiveStone - Your reply didn't have me tagged and I believed it to be in direct response to what somebody else said. Please do not make the assumption that I did not care as I think it's very clear from my continued responses and involvement that I do care about every player within this server and their enjoyment. That being said, you reported the incident to your handlers as you should and they are more than capable of taking it from there. I apologize that your attempt at more involved roleplay went astray but to try to nail the hammer into the staff team and assuming we don't care and don't here you is severely misguided.

Also, not sure if you missed the edited portion of my post but I would highly suggest you keep an eye on the development channel in the ECRP Discord. This criminal player base is not forgotten or heard and things are actively being worked on.

14 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

Also I highly advise keeping tabs on the development channel in the Discord. You can see that the criminal players have not been forgotten and I hope this gives you hope for what is to come.

I do appreciate what NBDY posted today, but this is the first crim focused post in the development channel in a very long time. You say this as if there are frequent teases of changes.

2 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

@DetectiveStone - Your reply didn't have me tagged and I believed it to be in direct response to what somebody else said. Please do not make the assumption that I did not care as I think it's very clear from my continued responses and involvement that I do care about every player within this server and their enjoyment. That being said, you reported the incident to your handlers as you should and they are more than capable of taking it from there. I apologize that your attempt at more involved roleplay went astray but to try to nail the hammer into the staff team and assuming we don't care and don't here you is severely misguided.

Also, not sure if you missed the edited portion of my post but I would highly suggest you keep an eye on the development channel in the ECRP Discord. This criminal player base is not forgotten or heard and things are actively being worked on.

We had virtually the same screenshot about 4 or 5 months ago, maybe more. Thanks for the update though even though i’ve seen it. Is this topic being moved then or are we good?

2 minutes ago, mexicanwave said:

I do appreciate what NBDY posted today, but this is the first crim focused post in the development channel in a very long time. You say this as if there are frequent teases of changes.

It has been teased multiple times with random photos in the ECRP Discord and conversation surrounding it. Also, development takes time so who knows how long it took to get to that part? The fact that something is being posted should give people the assurance that this group of players is not simply forgotten and discarded. It's hope for something to come which is never a bad thing.

17 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

It has been teased multiple times with random photos in the ECRP Discord and conversation surrounding it. Also, development takes time so who knows how long it took to get to that part? The fact that something is being posted should give people the assurance that this group of players is not simply forgotten and discarded. It's hope for something to come which is never a bad thing.

First of all i would like to thank you sincerely for the professional manner you are handling this replies  . I fully understand your sayings but that dosent mean they make me happy or they make me want to spend more time in the game .

Now i have 2 more things to address and i think im done posting cause is already giving me a bitter taste .

How come you are the only staff member that replied the whole day to our concerns ? Why nobody else as a staff member and involved in a law enforcement faction replied also ? I will be more then happy to hear their opinion also . Also why law enforcement members are afraid of posting their opinion here and we just talk in pm`s on discord ? They will get sanc if they support the criminal update ? Blamed just because they want to have more fun also ? 

Should i think that you Aldarine are the only mod that cares about the 'people' ? 

How come i still feel offended after this topic started and NBDY posted that pic to tease us again ? 

I sincerely had a lot of confidence in the developing party of this community , thats why every time i supported them and i donate more then 500 £ till now , not for the cars not for the fuel that i used less on the server . Is my way of saying thank you for all the hard work the devs put into the server and of course the staff . 

But honestly , now im talking for myself and i honestly  feel that im a joke for you .

Thank you and this is the last reply ,

Again Aldarine you have all my respect for the way that you acted and replied to me and the others , the other people that just scrolled here and say nothing no comment .

All the bests ,

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Reviewing the recent updates and development stuff I see a lot focused on bug repair and add ins for the general population. The alternative law enforcement faction was created to allow more folks to join the law side of the rp, as well as to increase player counts in the county rather then just the city, the introduction of the Department of Corrections was to generate RP for players while they spend time in jail, along with jobs in jail, was to create more for the criminal based players.

Stating that the majority of updates are for pd/sd in development are mostly due to bugs within our program scripting, also a lot of the departments changes are due to IC requests for different equipment and stem from a need to respond to criminal rp and the way groups carry themselves. (prime example would be if the national guard is a thing would be in retaliation to the huge criminal organizations that populate the city unchecked.)

I understand both sides as I was once a criminal and still hop on now and again to enjoy some of the less strict roleplay options that are there. When I played my criminal frequently I focused on internal rp within the faction that 95% of the time didn't need script support or commands or items created by the server, these were some of the best times I had roleplaying my criminal was for the RP rather then a shoot'emup or a chase. 

Either way I feel both sides are getting a good amount of the developers attentions, as Aldraine stated it takes time to develop stuff especially from scratch, it can take months to work out the kinks in stuff.

My suggestion, if you have ideas, and based on the way we in PD present our suggestions we spend a lot of time drafting up what we would like to see. Example Below

Suggest = (Title of your suggestion)
Does it require development = Yes/No
What is the benefit of the request = (detailed explanation of what this suggestion will create for members of the server, not just criminals/cops but the community as a whole)

Suggestions should take time, and explain what is needed, not just "its boring give us more to do", if you want more to do, come up with some ideas. A lot of the current stuff in the server from activities are supported by the vanilla GTA or RAGE, these are faster, easier and generally less buggy when adding to the server, creating something from scratch takes a lot of time and effort to create, thus I can imagine that the development team would like to see what they can expect from the creation and implication of a new activity prior to spending months creating it. So make suggestions and focus on a way to present your ideas in a cohesive thought will make it a lot easier for them.

Good luck.

@DimaDan - I know you stated that would be your last reply but I still feel it in my heart to respond no matter what.

From the absolute bottom of my heart I am sorry that you feel discouraged in any capacity and have a bitter taste. I cannot speak for any other staff member as we all have different commitments and different areas of the forum we spend lots of time on. Ever since I joined ECRP, this section of the forums has been my little home. For as long as I've been commenting on this thread in particular, I've actually been at work (I do not actually condone this! Pay attention at work please! Do not be me and procrastinate!) I don't think it really has anything to do with getting blamed or anything of the sort - some people just may not have much to say about the topic that hasn't been said, may be misguided from the title, may not want the (sadly all too common) criminal vs leo back and forth that occurs, etc. I myself roleplay as a civilian with jobs in 2 factions being DOC and GOV and prior to this I was in MD so I think I'm in a nice position where I can have this sense of neutrality and that further promotes my engagement on threads like this. I also have an intended criminal alternate character already made (soon to be 2) that is presently benched for multiple OOC reasons and I hope one day to bring her to life. However, as mentioned before, that is just my personal promotion for engagement and all other staff may have sights set somewhere else or are otherwise engaged.

In one way or another, every single staff member cares. It is an absolute honor to be part of a team that puts in time, effort, and energy to helping and providing where we can. It can be the simple things like letting somebody know how to unlock a car or big things like finding those who intentionally break rules and also giving second changes, but we all try to do our part for you. You may not always get to see it on the forums and in game but we all work hard and we wouldn't be in our positions without having that motivation. We care, more than you can imagine, and I, personally, have made it a goal of mine to make sure that players are very well aware that I do - again, my own personal decision but I can confidently say that no member of the staff team would be there if they didn't have a heart for the players.

I actually think that picture is a brand new one and not the same that was posted before, however, I could be wrong. I believe the earlier image posted was just of a table to begin cooking and then this one showed a completed product. It's hard to say what else has been scripted to make that image even possible but I like to hold in my heart that it shows efforts to promote more and I hope that maybe not now, but one day, you can see it from that perspective as well. I don't want anyone to feel offended, experience discomfort or distaste. At the end of the day I want us to have enjoyment when we log in - that's my overall goal and hope for every member. Instead of viewing the post as a tease, view is as a step in the right direction, the direction that will potentially provide you with more. View it as acknowledgment of your concerns as a member of the criminal player base. Our perspective can change a lot, although I know that it's not always easy getting there.

There is not a single player that I feel ill will towards and every single complaint, criticism, suggestion, etc. be it mean spirited or kind, private or public, I look at with fresh eyes and no malice. Throughout this conversation I have enjoyed engaging and communicating with you and it's through conversation like this that we can provide so much for our community. Please do not ever think that I look down on your or anybody else or view you as a joke because that is far from the truth. I look to you all to help create this place we all escape to for whatever reason we chose. It's you all that make this place worth it and from the bottom of my heart I will always be thankful and will do my best to support and advocate in every way that I can.

• Like 2

First off, along with the others I think we can all appreciate your replies. As for my concerns, I can definitely confirm how long development can take, as I do some game development of my own with a team so I do know it does come with time. You stated that the laptop issue was an "IC Issue", but we have absolutely no way of finding or resolving this issue ICly for many reasons. For one, the "overseas" contacts are not real, and in no way can we find out how everyone lost their import stock. I know from our side, we've been trying to figure out how to fix it but there's quite literally no way of doing so.

The problem that we have right now is compared to other parts of the server the criminal side of RP is completely lacking, as stated previously at least in The Triads we have tried to make our own fun RP. But for one that can always last so long, and for two when another faction such as PD is involved then that role play then becomes all about "capturing and arresting the criminals." I say that, because in the last big RP situation which took us months of planning, in around ten minutes of moving our payload on the phantom the Sheriffs/Police gave no regard for the RP and treated it as a normal truck felony evading. I'm not going to go more into that topic, as it was already talked about with faction handlers.

But I think you can definitely respect why we want an update, and why taking away one of the only significant scripted systems criminals have is a devastating blow RP wise. Doing something like that even if it is IC, when we have no possible way of finding out how it happened or how to fix it is just entirely demotivating. We do appreciate the portable drug labs entirely, but not everything we need has to be script-wise. 

Staff currently sets up events for the entire server on sundays, even if Staff could set up Criminal only events on x day of the week. Where the winning criminal faction would get some sort of reward, that would be just as amazing as a new criminal update. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Goaldan said:

Staff currently sets up events for the entire server on sundays, even if Staff could set up Criminal only events on x day of the week. Where the winning criminal faction would get some sort of reward, that would be just as amazing as a new criminal update. 

I really like this idea

I personally mainly play on the lawful side, but i can say every couple weeks i peek into the crim life. I can say for sure that in the 4-5 months odd i've been playing eclipse on both my characters, for my lawful tons of things change all the time, where as in my crims life nothing has really changed except the organizations around me. I do think crim could use some love, but i think it'd take some pretty sweet suggestions to make something good.

tl:dr, +1 crim could use some love.

I'm not sure that 'teases' are the best approach to a frustrated section of the community to be honest, especially if they feel ignored or left out. It'd be better to get a definitive statement with a timeline of roughly when people can expect changes.

The server population wise is going to be at it's highest in the next two months and ideally, you want to capitalise on that by keeping the official crim factions happy but also encouraging those that aren't to stick with it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm not sure that 'teases' are the best approach to a frustrated section of the community to be honest, especially if they feel ignored or left out. It'd be better to get a definitive statement with a timeline of roughly when people can expect changes.

The server population wise is going to be at it's highest in the next two months and ideally, you want to capitalise on that by keeping the official crim factions happy but also encouraging those that aren't to stick with it.

I'd kill for a development road path or bi-weekly progress releases. Communication is absolutely everything. 

• Like 6

HUGE +1 

As a criminal myself, the things said above is true, and once again, being stated above after a year of doing drugs, shooting people and all that. It is getting stale. Not only that I believe if there was more to do as a crim there is more for LEO's to do.  

Good to see that already 2 weeks passed with no answer , no promise no nothing .

In the meantime i will keep the FM and staff updated with the changes in criminal rp in these 2 weeks that passed from our concerns made public here and in the other topic called ' import changes' that is also being ignored for more then 5 months :

In the past 2 weeks we noticed that is no point in trying to fight PD in a RP scenario that legit makes sense , im not talking about a traffic stop etc . Im talking about a recent situation house raid last one that comes to my mind .

No one has heavy weapons ammo , new gangs dont even have heavy weapons at least empty to flex in a picture and post it fashion .

Now we cant even buy pistols anymore cause we dont have any options left , everything was stopped / blocked .

I would like to say congratulations to those 152 PD / SD officers cause from now on you can RP with your partners  at mission row not with criminals cause we cant rp without 0 support . And also a big F for those 197 crime members ( in official factions ) .

Thank you team you are doing a great job .

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Gotta admit its nearly impossible to be a criminal roleplayer with 0 script support for any form of weapon imports.

We cannot get pistols as we cannot use laptop or use gunstores.

We cannot get heavy weapons as no FM are actively doing manual imports and laptop is always empty.

Criminal roleplay currently revolves around chopping vehicles, cooking drugs and robberies. You cannot steal vehicles or cook drugs without some form of protection as you will be killed/robbed by your rivals who have a small stockpile of weapons from before the import system was abolished. You cannot perform robberies without weapons for the same reason.

Each time we enter a criminal roleplay scenario a side will lose a weapon or ammunition and these cannot be replenished. I sense within a month or less we will be completely out of weapons and ammunition. 

Without some form of script support for importing weapons you will notice criminal roleplay diminish within the coming weeks and the players whos main character is criminal will end up quitting the server.

I have already witnessed several players, including myself reduce their activity for this sole reason.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.