nikoh

SAAA but no Criminal update

There’s a National Guard being put in place, along with the San Andreas Aviation Association. A new law enforcement faction. All of this, while 2 new gangs receive official status and access to the Dream Market or “Dark Web”. The computer itself is bugged and shows nothing. Is there going to be a time when Senior Staff and development genuinely work towards new additions OUTSIDE of LEO? We had received a sneak peak of portable drug labs months ago, to no avail. Osborn has started to build the Judicial system, but the main concern on almost every criminal’s mind is: “are they going to add anything to keep us around and keep us entertained?” 

Ive been playing for over a year now. I’ve been a criminal since I started ECRP and the RP feels truly neglected by many. After a year of running labs, cooking drugs, and shooting people, the fun dries out. The labs are static, the gangs all result to the same ooc driven behavior, and when it’s against PD, crim RP is always to blame. 

The RP becomes stale when there’s absolutely nothing to do script wise. I’ve created lots of RP scenarios outside of what the script allows like cooking food and serving it at our restaurant and buying specific things from stores that can’t actually be bought in game, and that only goes so far. I’ve been in a leadership position within triads for many months, i’ve had access to the pinnacle of crim rp, the dream market, for most of my time on the server. But nothing has changed in months, the Dream Market is the same with barely any ammo to support all 5 official gangs. The only updates regarding criminals have been the prison afk system, the weapon concealment change, and the attachment bug.

TLDR: Crims need love, is anyone actively working on providing us with something to improve the possibilities of our Roleplay? 

Edit: SAAA is admins having fun and even though it’s addressed ICly by a faction, it is not to be taken seriously. 

Edited by DetectiveStone
  • Like 16

5 minutes ago, DetectiveStone said:

There’s a National Guard being put in place, along with the San Andreas Aviation Association. A new law enforcement faction. All of this, while 2 new gangs receive official status and access to the Dream Market or “Dark Web”. The computer itself is bugged and shows nothing. Is there going to be a time when Senior Staff and development genuinely work towards new additions OUTSIDE of LEO? We had received a sneak peak of portable drug labs months ago, to no avail. Osborn has started to build the Judicial system, but the main concern on almost every criminal’s mind is: “are they going to add anything to keep us around and keep us entertained?” 

Ive been playing for over a year now. I’ve been a criminal since I started ECRP and the RP feels truly neglected by many. After a year of running labs, cooking drugs, and shooting people, the fun dries out. The labs are static, the gangs all result to the same ooc driven behavior, and when it’s against PD, crim RP is always to blame. 

The RP becomes stale when there’s absolutely nothing to do script wise. I’ve created lots of RP scenarios outside of what the script allows like cooking food and serving it at our restaurant and buying specific things from stores that can’t actually be bought in game, and that only goes so far. I’ve been in a leadership position within triads for many months, i’ve had access to the pinnacle of crim rp, the dream market, for most of my time on the server. But nothing has changed in months, the Dream Market is the same with barely any ammo to support all 5 official gangs. The only updates regarding criminals have been the prison afk system, the weapon concealment change, and the attachment bug.

TLDR: Crims need love, is anyone actively working on providing us with something to improve the possibilities of our Roleplay? 

+1 pls give us something 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

We really need an update because in my opinion everything went down hill after they made gangs make forums posts for official statuses and after they removed turfs, sadly to say it's getting worse every update but I dont think the SAAA is actually becoming a faction I believe its only something Ballin does on a rare occasion 

I also noticed it was said in his stream that it wasn’t going to be an official faction thankfully, still though, I have concerns about adding a national guard before even attempting an update for criminals.

The server his bean really stale for a long time now. I understand that development isn't easy or fast but it's been a very long time since the last major update. There's very little to do for a criminal, people log in for 10 mins, realise they have nothing to do, and log off. It improved with the recent wars but with them coming to a close it's seems like it's going back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

Is there an actual suggestion somewhere? Asking because this looks more like a “discussion”-worthy topic. 

It’s a suggestion to hopefully provide any kind of update to the criminal life of the server. Should be straightforward if you read it. 

Didn't know a National Guard faction was in the work, none the less I do think that criminal updates should be prioritized to introduce new things to do and whatnot before focusing on more updates for legal factions due to the repetitiveness of the criminal features provided at the moment.

+1.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have played on this server for about a year now and I have played only crim (with a slight alt detour cadet for about a month) and I also really really hope that a Crim update can be prioritized. 

You can only grind the meager script options so much before you lose interest. I have personally attempted to pull together many non script based RP but it only goes so far. I can only have so many parties, so many restaurant openings, etc before it gets repetitive. 

If we aren't utilizing the script offered options it's Crim vs PD. Which is equally unrewarding when you have 20 mins of fun for 6+ hours sitting in prison with nothing to do. I'm not kidding if the lack of out of prison things to do don't make people wanna quit the prison sentences do. 

There are a multitude of things that could be improved upon to give a bone to Crim. And they need a bone - seriously. 

-Turfs

-Portable Labs

-Fix the import system (it doesn't work with 3 much less 5 official factions) 

-Address ridiculous prison sentences and charge stacking. 

But most of all I think alot of these frustrations would be alleviated if Crims felt like someone was actually listening to our frustrations. That someone was actually working on something ANYTHING to make us want to keep logging on. 

• Like 3

+1

". . .when it’s against PD, crim RP is always to blame."  📠

either a) drastically reduce prison sentences and financial penalties for getting caught  or b) give the jailbirds something worth risking hours in prison hell for, e.g. script update

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

I have played on this server for about a year now and I have played only crim (with a slight alt detour cadet for about a month) and I also really really hope that a Crim update can be prioritized. 

You can only grind the meager script options so much before you lose interest. I have personally attempted to pull together many non script based RP but it only goes so far. I can only have so many parties, so many restaurant openings, etc before it gets repetitive. 

If we aren't utilizing the script offered options it's Crim vs PD. Which is equally unrewarding when you have 20 mins of fun for 6+ hours sitting in prison with nothing to do. I'm not kidding if the lack of out of prison things to do don't make people wanna quit the prison sentences do. 

There are a multitude of things that could be improved upon to give a bone to Crim. And they need a bone - seriously. 

-Turfs

-Portable Labs

-Fix the import system (it doesn't work with 3 much less 5 official factions) 

-Address ridiculous prison sentences and charge stacking. 

But most of all I think alot of these frustrations would be alleviated if Crims felt like someone was actually listening to our frustrations. That someone was actually working on something ANYTHING to make us want to keep logging on. 

Turfs could be sorted out without the need for any scripting, I've made a turf map system before, could always suggest it I guess, just would require a little maintaining and some half recent rules.

As for Labs,

• Remove the marijuana growing at the labs and add the ability to grow marijuana inside a property. You'd have to buy seeds and a kit, harvest the crops at an optimum time for an optimum yield.
  • Instead of the same static locations, spawn the labs empty but add at least 10-15 more locations. That way factions can build the lab and set it up when they want to. They can hold it down for their own use, charge people to use it if they aren't using it and rival gangs can take them down as a measure of revenge. The legal items to fill it up could be bought at a 24/7 and the chemicals could be purchased at Humane Labs.

As for Imports,

• Give each faction their own supply line, independent of the other factions.
  • Assign all the imported items a time value.
    Every time your faction makes an order, you've got to then wait however long the timer is to expire before you can order again, but it's faction specific so you can decide as a faction what you want in the shipment.
    The value would be discounted slightly, with the more members your faction has to offset the demand.
  • Be able to choose shipment pickup location. Doesn't make sense that a faction that lives in East Los Santos would ask for a shipment in Paleto Bay. They'd likely go for East LS/Docks.
  • Factor in the risk/reward for the shipment when it comes to cops getting tipped off.
    Increase the tipoff percent chance to 7% for cops but the chance of a tip-off would scale depending on the size of the shipment.
    The bigger the shipment, the higher the percent change of detection.
    If you are buying a crate of AKs, that's a lot of money and it would draw more attention. You'd also organise better to secure your shipment.
    If it's just a couple pistols, that would be pretty discreet.

As for Prison Sentences,

• Cap the maximum time at 2 hours UNLESS there is a major investigation/big casefile into people for multiple serious crimes.
  • Increase the fines for felonies slightly to offset the reduction in time for long sentencing. Time spent on the server is more valuable than money spent in an over-inflated economy.
  • Keep the fine for Reckless Operation but remove the jail time, it's inconvenient for law enforcement and doesn't stop the speeding. It's also mixing since the speed cameras are OOC.
Edited by GOAT
  • Like 6

Hello there - 

Reading through this, I do not see an actual specific and fleshed out suggestion here, just a discussion. If you have a specific suggestion then feel free to edit your original post or request that this post be moved to discussion as that is more appropriate. That aside....

The TL;DR at the bottom asked the question of is anybody working on something for criminals. The answer to this has been stated time and time again by multiple people and the answer is yes. As far as specifics, those are private and everybody just needs to remain patient. Yes, it is frustrating waiting but that is just how the development process works. Illegal factions have been asked for development suggestions - this would have never occurred if nobody cared or wanted to work on something. You will get an update regarding a criminal update when staff are able to provide updates and this will, as always, be done in the ECRP Discord.

Also, there are no new legal government factions coming to the server right now and SAAA is just a fun thing that some staff members, myself included, are doing and nothing more. The laptop is not bugged, your stock is gone and it's an IC issue. I'm not sure what more can be said here - I answered your question which again, has been answered many times. So please advise, where is the actual specific game suggestion here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

People have been informed that this is an IC issue by staff members. There is nothing more that can be said about it on an OOC platform as we all know that would be metagaming.

@mexicanwave - The laptop is IC. The market is IC. Saying anything about it OOCly ahead of time would be metagaming.

Thanks for the reply but I feel like this would have been better handled by simply informing faction heads that there will be an IC change to the laptop, and that details would have to be found out in character.

I really appreciate that staff are taking action to improving criminal rp and giving us more variety, I just feel like a bit more communication would be nice.

Edited by mexicanwave
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

Hello there - 

Reading through this, I do not see an actual specific and fleshed out suggestion here, just a discussion. If you have a specific suggestion then feel free to edit your original post or request that this post be moved to discussion as that is more appropriate. That aside....

The TL;DR at the bottom asked the question of is anybody working on something for criminals. The answer to this has been stated time and time again by multiple people and the answer is yes. As far as specifics, those are private and everybody just needs to remain patient. Yes, it is frustrating waiting but that is just how the development process works. Illegal factions have been asked for development suggestions - this would have never occurred if nobody cared or wanted to work on something. You will get an update regarding a criminal update when staff are able to provide updates and this will, as always, be done in the ECRP Discord.

Also, there are no new legal government factions coming to the server right now and SAAA is just a fun thing that some staff members, myself included, are doing and nothing more. The laptop is not bugged, your stock is gone and it's an IC issue. I'm not sure what more can be said here - I answered your question which again, has been answered many times. So please advise, where is the actual specific game suggestion here?

I dont know if i understand it right but you together with other staff members create a fun thing called SAAA with airplanes and etc . In the meantime 70+ crime members are waiting desperate since last year for a crime update so they can have some fun , but all we get is dream market down with explanation 'ic' ;. I honestly dont know how a script can be used as 'ic' but maybe someone , somewhere rp-ed a mexican cartel importing guns with no contact number , or any other way of reach out . Thing that is impossible as long as Dream Market was on

I know for a fact that im not talking just from a crime perspective here . PD has lots of fun using swat to catch our drops , to get into a chase and arrest us . 

Also old PD members admit that everything is boring due to lack of criminal rp when is impossible to criminal RP with 0 resources 

Correct me if im wrong Aldarine 

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aldarine said:

@DimaDan - The development team, who are the only ones that can provide a criminal update, are completely separate and have no bearing on flying planes. I do not see the connection between the 2 in any way, shape, or form. 

Ok il try again then ,

My point as a player on this community for almost a year .

A person that supported this community and the devs is :

You stated that you and other staff members ( PD and law enforcement ) are having fun with a thing called SAAA in the same time crime members are lacking of resources and are having less and less fun . So my question is , can i have fun also as a criminal ?

Thank you 

@DimaDan - You are welcome to have all the fun you want within the server, nobody is stopping you and telling you that you can't have fun within your current capacities. Again the market being down is an IC situation which every player at one point has most likely encountered an IC situation that they have to learn to work around. When staff are flying in planes it's OOC and being LEOs has nothing to do with it - we're staff and this is the same when we spend hours and hours of time testing things and planning events to give the community some fun. Would you like for us to stop planning and organizing events and fun things within our power because there has been no criminal update? There is also nothing development side that any of us can do for a criminal update - we're not the coders in the server who can script something to provide you with more. 

26 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

@DimaDan - You are welcome to have all the fun you want within the server, nobody is stopping you. Again the market being down is an IC situation which every player at one point has most likely encountered an IC situation that they have to learn to work around. When staff are flying in plans it's OOC as you can see by admin tags being on and being LEOs has nothing to do with it - we're staff and this is the same when we spend hours and hours of time planning events to give the community some fun. There is also nothing development side that any of us can do for a criminal update - we're not the coders in the server who can script something to provide you with more. 

I would like to say that i agree with staff having some fun after so many hours they spent for the community to make sure everyone is following the rules and also people have events and interested things . 

I also know you are not able to implement nothing in the criminal world script wise , cause that is a dev thing of course .

What i would like you to understand , more likely lets use the phrase ' walk a mile in my shoes' you are telling me to have fun on the server . I would like to admit i had lots of fun on this server in the last couple of months , but since PD update keep coming and coming and coming and crime got even more harassed trough scripts our fun and im talking for more then 100 people now , whoever dosent think this please prove me wrong , our fun went down the hill .

The reason that i quote your sayings is that we have a 2 major issues now :

1. Crime update when ? and what ?

2. Those 100 + people that where already salty about the last changes just lost a last resource of RP ( Thing that you can say could be solved icly , when we both know you cant cause is about a script ).

My main point was the fact that you stated 'just having fun ' offended me as a player and a supporter of the DEV team . Because after all this time i invested in the development of my character and my faction , i would like also to have some fun thing that is barely possible now  .

Thank you 

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

@DimaDan - You are welcome to have all the fun you want within the server, nobody is stopping you and telling you that you can't have fun within your current capacities. Again the market being down is an IC situation which every player at one point has most likely encountered an IC situation that they have to learn to work around. When staff are flying in planes it's OOC and being LEOs has nothing to do with it - we're staff and this is the same when we spend hours and hours of time testing things and planning events to give the community some fun. Would you like for us to stop planning and organizing events and fun things within our power because there has been no criminal update? There is also nothing development side that any of us can do for a criminal update - we're not the coders in the server who can script something to provide you with more. 

We (I think I'm speaking for the most criminals on the server) would just like to see more content for the criminal and civilian side of the server and are feeling like we are getting little to no attention from the development team as the last actual updates I can remember is the removal of turfs (which were asked numberless times to be implemented back into the game), adding the new drug labs which were okay but should be tweaked and a new laptop system which was also a over all disliked/debuff for the criminal side of the server while the legal side keeps getting updates, changes and buffs mostly.

And besides all of the above a lot of the general changes and/or updates were in disadvantage to the criminals, making it more and more boring and most importantly less enjoyable for us to play the game.

Thank you for reading

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@DimaDan - I can empathize with the frustration, trust me I can and if I could provide you with script support I would. I implore you to take this time to look at fun in a different perspective than what you are typically used to. Look for more in-depth roleplay opportunities or put in some behind the scenes work to creating an amazing scenario. Fun shouldn't solely rely on script support and weapons. Now, speaking to crime update when, that is unknown as development takes time and what, that is undisclosed information and can only be provided by very specific people when they deem it right. I ask that you don't get offended by my stating 'just having fun' because yet again, there is absolutely nothing I can do script wise for you. In my capacity as staff I'm actively working on alternate avenues of fun for members of the community. I spend hours a day editing roleplay proposals, planning events, fixing tires in game (I swear I answer about 50 tire reports a day), etc. Do not think we are sitting idly by doing nothing - there is only so much we can do. If anything, I spend more time trying to make sure the community as a whole is having as much uninterrupted fun as possible than focusing on my own roleplay. 

@Tomvd682 - Content comes with time and it's not something that happens simply over a day, week, or even month. It can be agonizing but patience is key.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.