Jaquan Smith

Automatic release from the impound

Or don't leave your car at the bank without paying the parking fee? The bank may seem like ECRP HQ which is why they tow vehicles that are there for a long time to stop players congregating and congesting the area with vrhicles. Don't want it towed, park it in the parking lot. 

Poor RP is thinking you should get a car out of impound for free after parking it illegally (not paying parking) outside of a busy public building. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pablo Valdez said:

It is not about the parking the car in public places. I mean that it is so annoying to wait so much time for an officer to do two simple commands and thats it...

From a police officer's perspective this as well is annoying. Sometimes we will be stuck with situations where no officers are available to come to the impound. Sometimes when we arrive the person who called wouldnt be there. 

However, I do not like the idea of an automated system. 

-1 Just cough up the money for parking. It is cheaper than impounds and guess what. You can get it out on your own. The fact you get your car towed often should not be an excuse for a need to fix the "inconvenience" to you. Just stop paying those impound fees and save the 500 for parking.

I find it weird that the conversation is about paying for parking rather than the fact that the impound is a completely miserable situation altogether.  There are other ways your car winds up there besides parking at the bank.

People claim it is because of RP created by the impound, but in all reality it is a really shitty scripted RP: "license?" "/license" "ok bye" every single time I have ever been there.

2 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

I find it weird that the conversation is about paying for parking rather than the fact that the impound is a completely miserable situation altogether.  There are other ways your car winds up there besides parking at the bank.

People claim it is because of RP created by the impound, but in all reality it is a really shitty scripted RP: "license?" "/license" "ok bye" every single time I have ever been there.

His point he made was he was parking his car at the bank. Which is his fault. Along with every other reason for getting your car impounded. It doesn't just get impounded by chance. While I agree the rp is a bit mundane a lot of the rp can come across that way but guess what. Pulling your car out of impound is not suppose to be super exciting content. Cops need to continue doing the job of identifying people and their cars and collecting payment. It doesn't make any rp sense to automate this.

Just now, Sineye said:

His point he made was he was parking his car at the bank. Which is his fault. Along with every other reason for getting your car impounded. It doesn't just get impounded by chance. While I agree the rp is a bit mundane a lot of the rp can come across that way but guess what. Pulling your car out of impound is not suppose to be super exciting content. Cops need to continue doing the job of identifying people and their cars and collecting payment. It doesn't make any rp sense to automate this.

How is using an automated impound "exciting"? lol. 

It makes 100% that there would be an attendant at the desk at impound (read automated NPC) that can automatically release your car with payment if you have no outstanding warrants or tickets.  This is generally how it would work in real life as well, you wouldn't ring a bell and hope a cop comes in real life.

Just now, TreMetal said:

How is using an automated impound "exciting"? lol. 

It makes 100% that there would be an attendant at the desk at impound (read automated NPC) that can automatically release your car with payment if you have no outstanding warrants or tickets.  This is generally how it would work in real life as well, you wouldn't ring a bell and hope a cop comes in real life.

1.) It is a police impound lot.

2.) Why would they give some random civilian the ability to do background checks through the police database.

This has always been part of the police forces job and should always be.

Just now, Sineye said:

1.) It is a police impound lot.

2.) Why would they give some random civilian the ability to do background checks through the police database.

This has always been part of the police forces job and should always be.

The NPC is part of the police. It's not that hard.

4 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

There is no RP at the impound. As noted in my first reply. Thanks for another useless reply though.

There is plenty of rp at the impound. I have seen several people get arrested because they are dumb enough to show up with a warrant for their arrest. Because you feel that rp is boring is not a valid reason to ignore it and just scratch it at all. That rp exists and the only way there would be "no rp" at impound is automating it.

I feel the only useless reply is clearly ignoring current rp because you don't like it and saying it doesn't exist at all.

Edited by Sineye

3 minutes ago, Sineye said:

There is plenty of rp at the impound. I have seen several people get arrested because they are dumb enough to show up with a warrant for their arrest. Because you feel that rp is boring is not a valid reason to ignore it and just scratch it at all. That rp exists and the only way there would be "no rp" at impound is automating it.

Gee whiz, that would happen with an automated one as well since it would detect they are wanted and not allow their car to get removed.

Also, imagine thinking wasting countless peoples time at the impound (i've personally waited over an hour and a half one time) is better than losing out on the extremely crummy impound "RP".

Edited by TreMetal

1 minute ago, TreMetal said:

Gee whiz, that would happen with an automated one as well since it would detect they are wanted and not allow their car to get removed.

Hate to point out the obvious but police would then never get arrests from it. It would turn into a fail then flee game with PD never getting them when they turn up wanted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hate to point out the obvious but police would then never get arrests from it. It would turn into a fail then flee game with PD never getting them when they turn up wanted.

Oh lord, they will miss out on one arrest until they have to arrest them later anyways if they ever want their cars back. The terror.

-1 The point of officers being the only ones (Not even mechanics) who can release vehicles from the impound is so if the person trying to get their car out has a warrant they can be arrested. Police might sometimes run the license plate of parked cars and if the owner has a warrant, the vehicle will be impounded so the owner would have to turn themselves in.

• Like 1

-1 I'm against any form of automated system whether it be import notifications, car releases or time based resupplies on items. The server is moving its focus towards immersion and with it should come dynamic systems. 

If you don't want to wait at the impound go run to MR and interact with someone to try and get them down to the impound, instead of typing /release upon availability. 

Yes the impound is under staffed but this is due to IC preferences of jobs and nothing a script should be used to fix. Development time should be used on much more critical improvements imo. 

Edited by CallumMontie

-1 This is more of an issue of do not get your car impounded and you won't be annoyed. Parking somewhere without a valid parking ticket or getting your car impounded by PD for illegal actions has consequences. Trust me you will be waiting a heck of a lot longer than 30 minutes if you had your car impounded IRL. The system works, shouldn't be made easier for people who don't like it because of inconvenience.