Jaquan Smith

Death RP

The issue about actually getting shot in the head is based on how the client tracks hits. The officer might have been shooting at your chest or limbs, but the sync + analyze wounds show a headshot, so you cant really base death RP on that.

Additionally, if death RP was granted to every person that claims to have been shot in the head, everyone would claim it to avoid jail.

3 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

The issue about actually getting shot in the head is based on how the client tracks hits. The officer might have been shooting at your chest or limbs, but the sync + analyze wounds show a headshot, so you cant really base death RP on that.

Additionally, if death RP was granted to every person that claims to have been shot in the head, everyone would claim it to avoid jail.

That's why they need to add /injuries, means that the command will show where you got hit and how much damage.

Neutral on this. 

You say death rp is rewarded for good rp, even when doing good rp all it takes is one person's ooc mood to deny it for simple reasons such as "he belongs to X gang" 

I made a suggestion a few months back that covers adding death rp conditions, removing the ooc input per person based on their mood at the time along with some improvements to the medical rp system. Which I think overall would help flush out this system, see below:

big 'ol negativo one. As mentioned above death rp is a reward that is granted more often than people want to give credit for. The biggest deterrent to giving death rp is when you go straight to /b and start arguing about the fight you just had. If that's the case come to the forums and argue it out, don't use your frustration in game and go straight to /b to argue a "rulebreak". 

4 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

You say death rp is rewarded for good rp, even when doing good rp all it takes is one person's ooc mood to deny it for simple reasons such as "he belongs to X gang" 

Yes in my previous statement I did say it was a reward for goodrp which it is but I also will confirm this statement as well. I've personally been in the middle of what I thought was goodrp only to have someone run up and go straight to /b to say 'don't even try it' based solely off the gang I am in. 

Since it is a reward it should be given unbiasedly to those displaying good rp and based off the wounds they have received. Not the officers mood or opinion towards a gang.

• Like 1

Based on how unrealistic GTA's shooting injuries is, all injuries would be fatal as it takes dozens of shots to shoot someone down. however I suggest making the decision of deathRP sort of random by the script like 30% chance that you get offered DeathRP upon getting that you would RP dying (without getting OOC permission from anyone) and then /acceptdeath (would only be usable if you got the 30% chance, you can avoid using it if you don't wanna RP your death)

Common issue with this is the fact most would rather shoot there way out of a situation to guarantee no charges or jail time. It's granted for exceptional roleplay, not just hopping out of your car and shooting there hearts out. On a IRL perspective if you FELONY Evade it makes no sense to engage in a fire fight, but atlas the most frequent engagement types. 

Edited by Tezhl

-1 If that would be the case every situation would end in a shootout. Gotta reckless and you decided to evade and crashed? why not to pull out a gun and be gunned down. People in this server uses guns already to openly in every situation someone will pull out a gun. Have you seen gangs fighting with fists, people fighting with fists/knives to sort their illegal shit? No, EVERYONE uses a gun.

2 hours ago, Amaim said:

Based on how unrealistic GTA's shooting injuries is, all injuries would be fatal as it takes dozens of shots to shoot someone down. however I suggest making the decision of deathRP sort of random by the script like 30% chance that you get offered DeathRP upon getting that you would RP dying (without getting OOC permission from anyone) and then /acceptdeath (would only be usable if you got the 30% chance, you can avoid using it if you don't wanna RP your death)

I actually really like that. Its fair and unbiased and takes the decision out of all parties involved I like that. Perhaps have the chances be slightly more dependant on the amount of injuries on your person? ex:  if /analysewounds showed 1 GSW you would have far less a chance than someone with 10+ GSWs? Also there have been situations where I have chosen to take my sentence rather than die cause it made more rp sense I like that you can avoid using it.

1 hour ago, Tezhl said:

On a IRL perspective if you FELONY Evade it makes no sense to engage in a fire fight, but atlas the most frequent engagement types. 

How so? I'll use last night as example: if you are felony evading with multiple other charges that have been stacked leading to a long sentence became aware that we could not shake the cops likely leading to your arrest but that you have backup. Why does it not make sense to attempt to engage in a firefight as we have more numbers and a fair chance of escaping a hefty jail sentence? I would think IRL a gang with the organization to do so would behave the same way but perhaps I am mistaken.

1 hour ago, SamuelGunn said:

Have you seen gangs fighting with fists, people fighting with fists/knives to sort their illegal shit? No, EVERYONE uses a gun.

Honestly, I think you would see more of this if desync wasn't such an issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krooks365 said:

I actually really like that. Its fair and unbiased and takes the decision out of all parties involved I like that. Perhaps have the chances be slightly more dependant on the amount of injuries on your person? ex:  if /analysewounds showed 1 GSW you would have far less a chance than someone with 10+ GSWs? Also there have been situations where I have chosen to take my sentence rather than die cause it made more rp sense I like that you can avoid using it.

How so? I'll use last night as example: if you are felony evading with multiple other charges that have been stacked leading to a long sentence became aware that we could not shake the cops likely leading to your arrest but that you have backup. Why does it not make sense to attempt to engage in a firefight as we have more numbers and a fair chance of escaping a hefty jail sentence? I would think IRL a gang with the organization to do so would behave the same way but perhaps I am mistaken.

Honestly, I think you would see more of this if desync wasn't such an issue.

I mean on an IRL bases once killing several officers; you would more then likely trigger a response from federal agents, initiating search and seizes  like those in Central LA against both Crips and Bloods in the year 1990 rounding up close to 700 suspects in just a week.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

I mean on an IRL bases once killing several officers; you would more then likely trigger a response from federal agents, initiating search and seizes  like those in Central LA against both Crips and Bloods in the year 1990 rounding up close to 700 suspects in just a week.

Okay Jin_Koi aka the most anti pd person to ever exist until going pd. 

You're commenting from a clear side of bias unfortunately as these always end up. 

Let's get back to the topic. 

Edited by CallumMontie

-1 Death RP should remain as a reward for incredible RP and should never be expected by anybody. If you are being pursued by law enforcement and subsequently injured, you should expect to go to prison as opposed to immediately thinking about death rp and avoiding your prison sentence. 

People request Death RP which may result in being confirmed and denied for a great role-play scene, like multiple people mentioned above. It should never become a daily occurrence and I allow myself of a maximum one (1) Death RP confirmation a week, I do not want to be special nor give out it away like candy, therefore, a well deserved role-play received a well-deserved award. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.