Swattpup1989

Employee Parking Lots NCZ

Employee parking lots for Weazel, Bayview, and LSC need to become NCZ areas also. Medics and Police are protected, Why cant we? Im tired of logging in everyday and finding out my car was broken into overnight and I lost more shit. Im sure other Weazel employees feel the same. Woke up today to this picture being posted, asking what someone should do considering they blocked out employee gate.
fbnTGd.jpg

We have CCTV and as far as I know, Bayview and LSC do too. Why should Medics and PD get special treatment?

Currently seems like only reason they are protected is because they are "government buildings", yet on our badges and same with mechanic ones it says Government Badge. Time we start to be treated as a government employer like they do.

• Upvote 2

-1 the server needs anything but more NCZ'

PD and MD car parks are NCZ due to the nature of their organisation. Very rarely would a car ever be stolen from a police station or a hospital. 

Now a mechanic shop or a news agency - that's a lot more likely to get broken into etc. 

LSC used to have an employee policy not to store cars their over night others should as well. If you don't want your car broken don't leave it at your work in a semi unsecured lot. Irl you actually have to drive home instead of logging out. 

It's a "Government job" not an "Emergency Service" just because you're gov funded doesn't mean you would receive the same protection, take schools in the UK as an example. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

PD and MD car parks are NCZ due to the nature of their organisation. Very rarely would a car ever be stolen from a police station or a hospital. 

Now a mechanic shop or a news agency - that's a lot more likely to get broken into etc. 

LSC used to have an employee policy not to store cars their over night others should as well. If you don't want your car broken don't leave it at your work in a semi unsecured lot. Irl you actually have to drive home instead of logging out. 

It's a "Government job" not an "Emergency Service" just because you're gov funded doesn't mean you would receive the same protection, take schools in the UK as an example. 

+1 on this, if the carpark has no CCTV or 24/7 security patrols then you are risking leaving your valuables there. Almost every single carpark in the UK has a big yellow sign that states "cars and possessions left at owners risk" its as simple as that. 

11 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

They are being robbed even when we are on shift, in reality a CCTV would capture it regardless. Current situation is CCTV is only valid if someone is present and personally recording. So if we are bringing Realism in then a script needs to be implemented for CCTV to work regardless of someone personally recording.

9 minutes ago, Luxas said:

+1 on this, if the carpark has no CCTV or 24/7 security patrols then you are risking leaving your valuables there. Almost every single carpark in the UK has a big yellow sign that states "cars and possessions left at owners risk" its as simple as that. 

Weazel, DCC, Bayview, and LSC ALL have CCTV. So in reality they should have footage 24/7

10 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

Agreed, so -1.

11 minutes ago, Swattpup1989 said:

Weazel, DCC, Bayview, and LSC ALL have CCTV. So in reality they should have footage 24/7

Okay, have you asked them for the footage or reported your crime? CCTV IRL does not stop criminals it just deters them, its still possible to have your house, car or items stolen/broken into with CCTV installed and working.

This has been a topic discussed many times before, and the conlusion has usually been the same, it wouldn't be realistic for regular companies to have the same kind of security a police station or a hospital would have. Sure, there's prop cameras in most of these properties, and you can definitely use that as proof if you've been recording yourself. But having a secure area like police departments and other important state functions is not probable. 

Unsure if you've ever heard of /do.

This can be used to rp the cctv as it would be uses to check factual information, like what is done at general stores. The only thing an actual recording would do is show an ooc id linking a person to an ic crime, allowing mixing to occur and then placing charges via player id.

Handle it ic as this is an ic issue and doesn't require a NCZ to prevent it from happening. 

If this is such a critical issue that it requires script support, perhaps maybe the businesses should employ security as an intermediate resolution. 

Edited by CallumMontie

NCZ parking is also not meant to be a overnight hotel for your cars. Cars get towed away from there to the impound lot, which can be expensive. On top of that, you can also get a ticket. There are also IC regulations when an employee can leave their vehicle at their workplace.

Having a gate has its advantages and downsides. Your vehicle can still get broken in to and the items in it stolen. But that's it, it cannot be driven in the city or get chopped. If you're frequently targeted and the items are stolen from the vehicles, then I suggest you stop leaving things in them. About the issue in the picture above, that's something mechanics can resolve.

This is honestly an IC issue and whatever policy Weazel has when it comes to leaving vehicles at work when you're off duty.

Sorry to say this,but at least yall got space to park your cars in a gated area,We dont have that for DCC,only management is allowed to park in the gated area,not regular employees.It is impossible to count how many times my car got stolen when I was just a driver.How I solved it,I bought a motorbike and rode it to work.Ofc it was still stolen but only twice compared to my car.Now its not an issue as Im management but im speaking from my own previous experience.

So my point being is,sorry man but this is more of an IC issue.If your car gets robbed of items,dont store items in your car

Gonna -1 this

Edited by AlabastarEpic

-1 coming from someone @ bayview.

It's part of crim RP to steal cars, NCZ's litteraly take avenues of that away from them. Watch your cars better or only store those you don't mind getting chopped.

Wether to add a proper gate, to the other factions on the other hand, that's a decent discussion to be had.

-1 😧

I work for Weazel and MD and I think even our MD parking lot should not be secured, criminals are really bored, let them have some fun haha 
Parking lot is not far away. You can always leave your car at MD or PD and risk it being towed... but not stolen ; - ) 

• Like 1

I am Kind of Indifferent about it, because cars and valuable believe it or not get stolen out of hospitals more than a little bit, so there is that, and then while at the same time playing the devils advocate. These businesses need to allow crimes because of the fact its getting harder and harder for the criminals to commit crimes, there has to be a balance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.