TreMetal

Rule update: Non-RP for using scripted work vehicles for anything beside the job.

There was a recent update on Discord about requiring mechanics and tow trucks to unflip vehicles, but the analogous situation for taxi drivers is not addressed.  Currently if anyone dies and shows up at pillbox they can immediately get a bus from the bus depot and drive anywhere they want. This is also the same for bank to anywhere with courier truck, parking garage (either bus or money transport) and high end / bahama mama area with the taco truck.

While the rules has an example about using work vehicles for crimes (which obviously should not be done) there is no reason this shouldn't be expanded to included any non-work related activity with the work vehicle.  There is no way your courier company is going to let you take their truck to Sandy Shores to ditch it where your car is (clearly falling under "Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay." in the non-rp rule section).  Unfortunately the examples of rules are currently used as set in stone to be the the only ways to break said rules and not just examples of nature of the rule. (I did a /report and was essentially told this).

Just for fun here is a video ( https://streamable.com/o3xbq ) of me on standby in a taxi while a player runs past me (within a few feet even) runs to the depot and drives over the hill towards Sandy Shores / Mine. I am 99% sure there is no route that goes this way and the player made 0 bus stops on the way.  In this case even if no taxis were available he should be attempting to use a city bee, not a city bus.

While I do not think we need an example for everything possible (despite being told that is the case) I do feel this clarification is necessary because it clearly affects an official faction with 52 members negatively by bypassing their RP.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

+1 one the clarification yes. 
It happens a lot and mostly people realize it is non-rp to use those vehicles purely as transport quite late. I've always been informed it indeed is non-rp, but in my opinion in can indeed be clarified in the rulebook.

1 minute ago, XposeD said:

it is already non-RP to use a work vehicle for non-work related activities.

If reported the person will be dealt with.

I already address this in my original post: I reported with the video provided (as noted in my original topic) and quoted the NonRP rule in the /rm to the administrator.  I was asked if they committed any crimes and was told nothing could be done as he did not.  I was told it was not a violation because it was not one of the examples listed in the rules which is why I made the topic to update the rules to add this to the examples.

Suffice to say if an adminstrator does not realize this is an NonRP rule break (as you are now saying it is) then I doubt the average player realizes it is.  I do not see why changing the line from "Spawning a scripted work vehicle and using it for crimes or submerging any vehicle in water." to " Spawning a scripted work vehicle to use for non-work purposes or submerging any vehicle in water." (or whatever is appropriate wording) would cause any issues.

• Like 2

+1

If this is against the rules like mentioned I think a specific clarification in the rules is needed. I've had it happen multiple times that there are 2 people in my taxi who want to go to  GoPostal and then just hop in to a postal van together. But I've also had the more extreme cases like the video already used as an example in this thread. Where you are on standby at the bus depot and people first check the city bee, then run straight past your taxi and take a bus. 

Now I don't follow these people, so maybe they are actually doing their jobs with the vehicles, but I highly doubt it. I think a lot of people actually do it without knowing they're breaking the rules. It's a similar situation as people unflipping cars with their own cars. A rule reminder wouldn't hurt. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, XposeD said:

it is already non-RP to use a work vehicle for non-work related activities.

If reported the person will be dealt with.

I believe that sums it up. It partly comes down to players reporting someone using a vehicle they took from the job for non job related things and staff handling it. The examples listed in the rules are just a small list of how they could be enforced, not limited to that list leaving situations up to staff decision. 

I mean who would know? How would you monitor this? It is already non-rp to use work vehicles to do crime. Making it so you are not allowed to use it for anything other than work. How exactly are you going to monitor this?

+1 for concept, -1 for implementation.