Knoxi

Remove or fix /payticket to officers

Either remove the ability to /payticket to officers or have it that officers have to accept the payment.

Driving by someone sitting in a cruiser, and just using /payticket to avoid having to go to into PD or any interaction with an officer is practically power gaming. If they have tickets that exceed 72 OOC hours, they pay it off avoiding further charges. There is no script that automatically makes tickets un-payable, or adds failure to pay a fine.

I don't mind RPing a card reader or taking cash if that's what they want to do, but at least some kind of interaction is needed.

I'd like to see this either amended or removed please!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

I feel that if anything, you should be able to pay you tickets from anywhere, on your phone. The goal should be easy access to payment of tickets, not restricting it so that people may face petty charges.

No, because then people can just easily bypass the whole "Failure to pay a fine" charge. We need to add RP interactions, not automate the system more.

Just now, MrSilky said:

No, because then people can just easily bypass the whole "Failure to pay a fine" charge. We need to add RP interactions, not automate the system more.

I feel that the realistic goal of the government would be easy access to paying the tickets, so that they can get their money. The goal should never be imprisonment by limiting payment options.

• Like 2

Just now, alexalex303 said:

I feel that the realistic goal of the government would be easy access to paying the tickets, so that they can get their money. The goal should never be imprisonment by limiting payment options.

More money for the government in fines that way 😉 (and more RP for all involved).

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I feel that if anything, you should be able to pay you tickets from anywhere, on your phone. The goal should be easy access to payment of tickets, not restricting it so that people may face petty charges.

It would be good if people could pay their fines over the phone but there needs to be a script that automatically applies failure to pay once a ticket expires before this would work. 

Just now, Lukeyswrench said:

It would be good if people could pay their fines over the phone but there needs to be a script that automatically applies failure to pay once a ticket expires before this would work. 

The point of an RP server is to RP, but I mean more commands with no rp is fine, if you are into that kind of thing.

In real life, I wouldn't go to a cop to pay a parking ticket, or a speeding ticket. I would go on my phone or use my computer to pay a ticket. 

Most of the time I drive up to a cop and say "can I pay a ticket please?" they either say "I'm not a card reader" or "Sure" and then do no RP for me to pay the ticket. 

I think it'd be fine for us to RP having to pay the ticket, but half the time I go up to a cop. I get a /do window is up, cannot hear. Then the cop drives away. 
I also wouldn't go to an officer in real life to pay a ticket, because they can't take money in real life, they can only give tickets. Realistically the /payfine should be at the courthouse, and we should have the option on our phone to pay as well. 
I get we want RP, but we also want realism, which is what the server is very geared towards from my past experience.

Either way I don't care how it is, but something needs to change. Ideally we lock ticket payment after 72 ooc hours, and automatically apply the charge.
Paying tickets to officers isn't really a thing in North America anyway, so wherever they have to go to pay it is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knoxi said:

Paying tickets to officers isn't really a thing in North America anyway, so wherever they have to go to pay it is fine.

Maybe not in most areas, but it used to be common in Montana in the 80's. Officers would ticket and if the fine was small one could pay on the spot and avoid the courts, etc. This was prior to debit cards, so they only took cash. 😉

also +1 to more RP fine payment. Police could have card readers for their phones or readers in the cruisers and a secure Gov App that would transfer funds.
and +1 to auto-locking payment or auto-adding the charge scriptwise after 72 hours for failure to pay

Edited by MoonBurdy

Perhaps have /approveticket added as a response to the /payticket.

This could grant the person to pay tickets for the next 30 seconds or so, similar to a frisk. 

I may just be talking for myself here, but I kind of enjoy running into an officer you know and paying of some petty tickets, whilst making conversation and natural rp.

• PogU 1

To be honest, it seems kinda stupid for people to pay their tickets to an officer anyway. We're police officers, not travelling insurance salesmen. 

Let's face it, no one is getting semi hard over the role-play of paying a ticket to an officer, we're just convenience for people to not have to go to Mission Row.

That being said, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to pay their tickets via their phone (since particularly with the SPED cameras you get the alert anyway) or by going to the Sheriffs or LSPD stations.)

For me, get rid of the police ticket paid to an officer and add the option to pay it over your phone.

+1 

and +1 for @alexalex303's suggestion. People being able to pay fines on their phone would be convenient, as for tickets going over the 12 day limit (3 day OOC) they should automatically convert to a failure to pay fine, although I am still not 100% on this last part. I like the idea of allowing players to pay their fines on scene if they get caught with expired tickets instead of automatically getting a charge.

Im not a fan of failure to pay a fine thing being automatic because it takes away officer discretion then. I don't think any charges should be automatically applied, at all. Usually, if I have someone who hasn't paid their fines within the time and they aren't already going to jail/prison, i'll let them off if they settle all their tickets.

Having to take someone to jail for a five minute sentence, seems a little pointless for both parties and if you can avoid it, then I would.

Edited by GOAT
  • Upvote 1

I was pulled over for speeding by an officer, the fine was only $1000 dollars. I had a great time and so did he. As far as the scenario went it took approximately 30 minutes from start to finish, and it was one of the highlights of my week. I think allowing officers to accept mobile payments would be a good idea and having a /acceptticketpayment command would fix people nonrply spamming the command at them, and allow the officers to ask for ID prior to the Payments going through.