Weecey

Addition Of Working CCTV to enhance RP

Outside General stores and businesses, the cameras purchasable from the furniture store, should have a recording feature, similar to what you see in GTA 5 Vanilla heists, like the human lab raid. The camera system could be operated via a laptop and in this interface you should be able to archive, delete and view CCTV footage. If possible, the camera would benefit from recording motion, meaning recordings are only saved when motion is detected, and to prevent masses of saves, each recording (If not archived) should be deleted automatically from the laptop in 1 Day OOC, as cop investigations are usually concluded rather quickly. 

This feature would most likely improve RP and make it so cops can not just refer to "cameras" that physically don't cover the area in which the scenario was triggered. Below, i will have some screenshots of the camera system used in GTA 5 Online. Let me know what you think below!

IiSLDgj.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been thinking about how cool this would be the past week, especially since we seem to have another newbie wave and the CCTV RP to them is very confusing. I just don't know the limitations of the coding in game, but man would it be cool as hell to review real footage. Would make for sweet detective/crim RP.

Although a great idea, realistically it's extremely hard for a server to do. Unless it was something that was being streamed permanently to an alternate source, I don't see how a dedicated server could store and uphold one let alone multiple 24/7 recording cameras.

• Like 1

This is not possible on the server as the server does not see the world we do. There is no way to render the gta v world on server, unless you would run a game on the server, but that would require GPU, lots of CPU resources, something that doesn't come cheap in server space.

Instead, I believe it should be possible for officers to use the store cameras if they get notified about a crime in the area ( if the store robbery alert triggers ) and for store owners to have access to the cameras 24/7

1 hour ago, BrainDed said:

This is not possible on the server as the server does not see the world we do. There is no way to render the gta v world on server, unless you would run a game on the server, but that would require GPU, lots of CPU resources, something that doesn't come cheap in server space.

Instead, I believe it should be possible for officers to use the store cameras if they get notified about a crime in the area ( if the store robbery alert triggers ) and for store owners to have access to the cameras 24/7

Fivem servers you can get cctv footage live aswell

• Like 1

I think what would be better and I would say more realistic as in my point of view this is just unrealistic, is that like @Denza said it should start saving info from 30 seconds prior to the robbery and It should save data on the /me and /do being done at the scenario and also the people who did it.

For example:

you are an officer and start running the laptop on the CCTV footage and you see in the chat bar;

27 seconds prior to robbery ID 7: /ame puts their mask on

0 seconds prior to robbery ID 7: *puts cashiers hands up*

6 seconds post robbery start ID 12: /ame starts taking the money

12 seconds post robbery start ID 12: /ame takes $74 from the cash register

and so on, until;

1 minute and 47 seconds post robbery start ID 7: /me smashes the CCTV system

I believe this is much more realistic as its similar to how an admin would look up logs of a players actions and is already doable in game. If they add a system like this the officer doing detective RP would know which ID to /ldo about the robbery and wether or not the footage survived and is usable IC based on if the /me of the robber destroying it was there or not. I think this is much more doable than an actual video of the situation being saved on the server.

Let me know if you disagree or not, but I think this is a more solid solution to the problem you’re pitching.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BrainDed said:

How do you explain the driver exam tutorial then? When you get to see various buildings as if you were there?

You add a text overlay saying CCTV on top of that and you got a working CCTV system.

Just now, alexalex303 said:

How do you explain the driver exam tutorial then? When you get to see various buildings as if you were there?

You add a text overlay saying CCTV on top of that and you got a working CCTV system.

I am saying you cant keep what the camera records on the server. Something that was stated in the main suggestion and then by Silky

+1

Triggering a 'remote' camera view shouldn't be hard to accomplish, it's already in the game files.

From what I understand, you would only need to 'attach' the camera to a specific object (hidden), force first person and add the already existing filter with designated text.

It's all there, it's just figuring out how to script it to work.