Ximena

A plus for roleplay.

I noticed everybody on this server has a gun, and it's very easy to purchase one from the ammunation.. There are a lot of players who are new to roleplay, and instead of roleplaying, or act in a realistic manner, they prefer to shoot you, even without a reason, or for just a simple insult. So by doing this, they break the rules. 

I'd suggest this:

1. No more firearms in the ammunation. Only knives, bats, armor. 

2. In order to hold a weapon, you must apply for weapon license. If you break the rules, or if you are banned, the weapon license should be cancelled. 

3. Only official factions should receive firearms and they can also perform weapon trafficking. 

I took a look at the Player reports section, and most of them are based on DM and Fear RP.  It's clearly an existent problem. I understand that there are not too many admins and too many players, but even we, the players, can make a change. I was also new to roleplay many years ago, and I remember everytime I had a gun I was acting like a god. But in time I understood that having a gun with you, reduces the quality of roleplay. If you want a gun, if you want to protect yourself, no offence, you need to prove this. I just can't accept the fact that most of the players from here carry a gun. It'll become a massive warzone.

• Like 1

While I am all for increased RP, having an OOC weapon license seems like a bit overkill and counter intuitive to the objective of wanting better and more realistic RP. There has to be a balance between fun (allowing people to get weapons in some capacity, even if slightly restricted) and realism, the issue you point out seems to come from the quality of players we are letting in as opposed to whether people have access to guns or not. 

Something like a 2 day weapons restriction (scritply not being able to equip firearms) as a punishment for DM could be interesting, this is something that was present in some SAMP servers back in the day. 

Otherwise, heavily increasing the quiz difficulty and requirements would go a long way, maybe even have a strict interview process on TS or Discord where new players have to be interviewed after passing the quiz as a quick pre-check that they actually know what they are doing and haven't just copy pasted answers or had someone else do the quiz for them. These could fall under the duties of the quiz team or support staff. Similar to how ArmA 3 RP servers operate with regards to white-listing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ximena said:

1. Pretty illegal for a criminal to hold a gun permit

2. From the staff

So your solution is to have staff equip weapons on all criminals constantly? 

1. Most firearms that cause problems are kept illegally, at this point the amount of weapons on the streets is really high, so this would put ordinary people in a worse position. A single criminal will be able to hold up 10 civilians because none of them will have a weapon.

2.Why mix an IC issue with OOC rules? 

3. So only official factions will have weapons, the rest will be shit out of luck when they are forced to be armed with bats against heavies.

This is a really bad suggestion that will limit RP more than improve it.

6 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

So your solution is to have staff equip weapons on all criminals constantly? 

1. Most firearms that cause problems are kept illegally, at this point the amount of weapons on the streets is really high, so this would put ordinary people in a worse position. A single criminal will be able to hold up 10 civilians because none of them will have a weapon.

2.Why mix an IC issue with OOC rules? 

3. So only official factions will have weapons, the rest will be shit out of luck when they are forced to be armed with bats against heavies.

This is a really bad suggestion that will limit RP more than improve it.

I really don't know where you came from with ''all criminals''. Being aware of the fact that players aim guns at you in the bank, in the clothing store, in the green areas, in front of LSPD (IC issue with OOC rules), I'm pretty sure my suggestion sustains the tittle of this topic. Nobody forces you to pass weapons to someone who constantly DM's and doesn't know how to use a gun.  At the third point, it's clear that you're a big fan of  seeing weapons everywhere. Why ordinary people should have guns? This is the only way you can roleplay, with a gun on you? Yea, ''shit out of luck'' if you DM me. I understand this server tends to be RPG, but there should be common sense. 

1 minute ago, Ximena said:

I really don't know where you came from with ''all criminals''. Being aware of the fact that players aim guns at you in the bank, in the clothing store, in the green areas, in front of LSPD (IC issue with OOC rules), I'm pretty sure my suggestion sustains the tittle of this topic. Nobody forces you to pass weapons to someone who constantly DM's and doesn't know how to use a gun.  At the third point, it's clear that you're a big fan of  seeing weapons everywhere. Why ordinary people should have guns? This is the only way you can roleplay, with a gun on you? Yea, ''shit out of luck'' if you DM me. I understand this server tends to be RPG, but there should be common sense. 

Most of the people who are pointing guns at you don't have a gun license, if they have a felony on their record it gets revoked.

5 hours ago, Ximena said:

It feels like someone killed you, you called DM on it but it turned out that it was not DM.

Ok, i got all criminals because as you answered the question "Ok how do you suggest criminals equip guns if you're required to have a lisence to hold one"  From the staff, so you mean that criminals who will obviously not have licenses need to have a staff member equip it to them.

If people are pointing guns at you in the bank, infront of LSPD - REPORT IT, thats why we have rules and a report system, if you are not reporting rule breaches you are breaking the rules yourself under failure to report rule breaches. Would love to see some proof of these things happening constantly, but i doubt thats the case.

No one is passing guns to people who constantly DM, as DM#2 is a perma ban, so the room for error for people is very small, and people DM not because they dont know how to use a gun, but they DM because they dont understand the rules (most report cases)

Why should ordinary people have guns? Because then only criminals and PD would have guns, i don't know if you know this, but there are other ways to get guns, and ammunation is ONLY for gun purchases with a firearms license. I don't know if you noticed, but big gangs carry weapons that do not come from a shop. So your "suggestion" is to have civilians unarmed.

I'd rather have a gun and be able to save someone or myself, than be in a constant state of helplessness. 

Yes, i would be shit out of luck if i DMed you, thats the rule and if i were to break a rule, i would be punished for it, but somehow, i managed to play for ~6months without a single punishment, while also shooting people and getting shot.

4 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

It feels like someone killed you, you called DM on it but it turned out that it was not DM.

No.

If people are pointing guns at you in the bank, infront of LSPD - REPORT IT, thats why we have rules and a report system, if you are not reporting rule breaches you are breaking the rules yourself under failure to report rule breaches. Would love to see some proof of these things happening constantly, but i doubt thats the case.

Beautiful, but the lightness of this just killed me.

4 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Why should ordinary people have guns? Because then only criminals and PD would have guns

As I said before, you're a big fan of seeing guns everywhere, and that's why there will be a constant warzone. This is no dissrespect for the community, I do believe they put a lot of work in it, the script is good and all dat, but seeing guns everywhere makes me feel unsafe. It doesn't portray the roleplay in a good way, and at one point, some people who will understand what ''roleplay'' is, will be fed up of this. Even if this is a good or bad suggestion, it's up to the staff to take a decision.

You play for 6 months without a punishment, gratz, wished the player report section  was as clean as your admin record, but being a newbie here, and the chance of getting  a gun is so easy, this may escalate bad. 

I'd rather have a gun and be able to save someone or myself, than be in a constant state of helplessness. 

I feel you here. I'll talk from my previous experience. Recently I've been a plug on a heavy roleplay server. Received weekly heavy and light stuff, from 9mm to M4. I had the freedom to sell guns to whoever I wanted, but I was aware of the fact that admins were watching me.  So, if you wanted to get rid of the constant state of helplessness, you could've come to me, and if I saw that you had a drop of realism in your roleplay (being aware of the rules, rp properly, etc), I was your gal. But if not, you get punished, I get punished and we create chaos. 

I just came with the idea, players should have entrance to guns only if they know how to use them. Didn't say restrict everybody from them, because still, this is GTA.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, Ximena said:

2. In order to hold a weapon, you must apply for weapon license. If you break the rules, or if you are banned, the weapon license should be cancelled. 

3. Only official factions should receive firearms and they can also perform weapon trafficking. 

1. Its also illegal to have armor on while commiting a felony in case you didn't know. Also, why would a gun store like ammunation not sell guns?

2. There already is an IC weapons license. Revoking it because of "breaking the rules" don't really make sense. If I broke a rule regarding powergaming (for example) why should my PF license be revoked?

3. There already is a system like this. Its called weapon imports and only official factions can do it.

Most of the points you showed don't really make sense. I don't see why this can't be resolved IC instead of revoking people from their guns when they get an admin log. You could start an IC protest to make PD tighten up the rules but no need for more OOC restrictions about this.

By the way, incase you didn't know, in the PF license if it was recently revoked due to a rulebreak then they will take it into consideration if you apply on another character.

5 hours ago, kenichis said:

2. There already is an IC weapons license. Revoking it because of "breaking the rules" don't really make sense. If I broke a rule regarding powergaming (for example) why should my PF license be revoked?

Most of the points you showed don't really make sense. I don't see why this can't be resolved IC instead of revoking people from their guns when they get an admin log. You could start an IC protest to make PD tighten up the rules but no need for more OOC restrictions about this.

It makes big sense on serious roleplay servers, because guns will always be a problem. You don't have to jump on me because I come with suggestions. My intention was to help. 

Like what I'm doing and will do for rest of my time while I'm going to be here is not to carry a weapon in Public .

As I'm representing my Character as part of Mexican Family we still don't carry weapons in Public only knifes to care of some short of situation but still this situation .

Or take some gun out from house when its needed to take care of some business  .

What we have in server is deam shit and full of bullshit I already lose 16  good guys  who left this server because of things what we have here and all that crap what we need to see everyday while we are playing . 

People standing near or inside  NCZ zone with SMG's and Ak-47 on they back and they don't care .

Or a lot of people around the Bank with Mask into  NCZ zone and full of CCTV'S so everyone could call cop and get him arrested but who cares about that ! 

Yea its  good than we have this Weapon License what you can get from our Government if you been a good boy .

But still weapons are everywhere but that thing we can't change . 

Only what we could change is than there should be some more rules when you can rob someone and when not because now no one don't care when they are robbing someone or not 

See a good car '' Let's take him down'' 

OR PLEASE START MAKING ROLE-PLAY NOT THIS CRAP 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, Ximena said:

I noticed everybody on this server has a gun, and it's very easy to purchase one from the ammunation.. There are a lot of players who are new to roleplay, and instead of roleplaying, or act in a realistic manner, they prefer to shoot you, even without a reason, or for just a simple insult. So by doing this, they break the rules. 

I'd suggest this:

Server Suggestions?

1. I agree, firearms and ammo should be sold separately. No one in any store would sell it together, let alone load it for you.
  2. You do need a weapons license to buy / carry a weapon (ICly). Else you go to jail.
  3. I actually believe the 'black market' should be unbiased and anyone should be able to import most anything, even cars that dealers can't get, making these vehicles and marking specific vehicles 'unroadworthy'. Official factions however would have an advantage of 'trust' from the off shore dealer and be able to import other higher illegal items.
Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ximena said:

It makes big sense on serious roleplay servers, because guns will always be a problem. You don't have to jump on me because I come with suggestions. My intention was to help. 

To be clear, noone is jumping on you. You started a discussion and I responded to it. Nowhere in my reply was there any sign of insult towards you.

If you want to start a suggestion then you should also be willing to listen to other peoples feedback