Balastas

Increase reward for criminals

So Hello everyone, I have been playing for a year now and I never saw this server in such bad state regarding everything honestly. Past few updates were way too harsh for criminals which is unlimited time for criminals which I totally agree for and should have pushed better RP quality for everyone. But with another official faction coming in town LSSD which in my opinion is certainly unnecessary I feel there is no spot for criminals in this server.

So in my point of view unlimited time for jail and reduced jail time for charges were good step towards greater RP and the crime rate and people blazing guns have dropped so low to the point where LSPD has nothing to do and there is 10 units responding to every single small call.

So that's where the update punishes criminals even more which is introducing new faction (Sherrifs), so now there will be 30 PD members patrolling in the city and taking care of it which is way to high number and as well new faction patrolling outside the cities. So you can only imagine how much freedom criminals will have now when there will be 50 active law enforcement units around the map. They wont have any freedom in town at all since all PD will be in the city as well as LSSD outside the city responding to every call. There will be so many units everywhere that criminals wont be even able to piss on the grass near the buildings since every unit will be on standby due to low amount of calls received.

So we either need to increase criminals better rewards for being criminals or this will become cop server with no criminals since there will be no point to be one.

I don't know what owners are thinking but we do not need MORE LAW ENFORCEMENT content we need more civilians/criminals content in the first place.

Edited by Balastas
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

They've really messed up the balance with these updates. I think it's a really good point you made about the number or police relative to the number of criminals and calls being received. The new update has already caused a lot of criminal players to either play on their alts or not log in. It seems like there are fewer crimes being reported. So what this means is that there are loads of cops on standby, so if on the off-chance as a criminal you do get into a chase, instead of having to deal with 1-3 cop cars, you end up with a small army chasing you around because they have nothing else to do

Would also be nice to have some leadership from the official criminal factions on this one. The criminal community make up the majority of the server and we need to work together to make our voices heard. We've already had one official faction disband this week, I don't pretend to know the details of why but it would not surprise me if this update had something to do with it. My friends in other official factions say activity has really started to dwindle as everyone is too scared to do anything. I hope the leaders of the official factions will not be afraid to speak out for fear of biting the hand that feeds them, but a coordinated effort from official leaders could have an impact.

Edited by Malcolm Carter
  • Like 1

I am for solutions to increase RP, but I don't think Law Enforcement is the issue. 

Prior to LSSD, PD had around 10-13 members on at peak hours and around 6-7 at any given time, PD might have a lot of members, but the number of people online is nowhere close to that number.

After the unlimited time in jail update, we've still had plenty of pursuits, drug lab raids, 24/7 robberies and random 911 incidents involving criminals, which is why I find it strange when you say that ''LSPD has nothing to do and there is 10 units responding to every single small call''

The point of LSSD was to add some more active law enforcement to the northern part of Los Santos seeing as LSPD tended to stay towards the city, allowing Farmers to get robbed and not be able to respond in time as well as an abundance of 911 calls about 24/7 robberies up north. Now, I do not personally know whether the plan is to essentially split PD into two factions by keeping the numbers more or less the same or if the plan is to increase the number of law enforcement officers in both factions that is something we will have to wait and see.

All in all, I've seen a reduction in crime as intended by the unlimited jail change, forcing criminals to be smarter and not rack up a ton of charges because they have ''already reached the max''. I've also been on duty daily since the update and have still been able to get a consistent stream of 911 calls from knife attacks to 24/7 robberies to multiple individuals with heavy weapons, perhaps this is hard to see if you are not law enforcement ?

I've recently put in a suggestion about gang turfs as a way to add some gang RP and activities, I am all for such suggestions, but at the moment I do not think that the jail update and PD are a problem, perhaps I will change my mind given some more time.

15 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

I am for solutions to increase RP, but I don't think Law Enforcement is the issue. 

Prior to LSSD, PD had around 10-13 members on at peak hours and around 6-7 at any given time, PD might have a lot of members, but the number of people online is nowhere close to that number.

After the unlimited time in jail update, we've still had plenty of pursuits, drug lab raids, 24/7 robberies and random 911 incidents involving criminals, which is why I find it strange when you say that ''LSPD has nothing to do and there is 10 units responding to every single small call''

The point of LSSD was to add some more active law enforcement to the northern part of Los Santos seeing as LSPD tended to stay towards the city, allowing Farmers to get robbed and not be able to respond in time as well as an abundance of 911 calls about 24/7 robberies up north. Now, I do not personally know whether the plan is to essentially split PD into two factions by keeping the numbers more or less the same or if the plan is to increase the number of law enforcement officers in both factions that is something we will have to wait and see.

All in all, I've seen a reduction in crime as intended by the unlimited jail change, forcing criminals to be smarter and not rack up a ton of charges because they have ''already reached the max''. I've also been on duty daily since the update and have still been able to get a consistent stream of 911 calls from knife attacks to 24/7 robberies to multiple individuals with heavy weapons, perhaps this is hard to see if you are not law enforcement ?

I've recently put in a suggestion about gang turfs as a way to add some gang RP and activities, I am all for such suggestions, but at the moment I do not think that the jail update and PD are a problem, perhaps I will change my mind given some more time.

I played pretty much all day yesterday.

There were cops parked on the side of the road EVERYWHERE in Los Santos as well as SD near the farms. There were cop cars literally just going up and down streets because they had nothing to do.

When I got pulled over, while waiting for my documents to be processed 2 other cop cars showed up and were just chilling there in addition to the cops that pulled me over.

It's ridiculous.

But this topic is not about changig that but increasing the rewards for criminals.

When cooking drugs solo you can maybe make 20-30k an hour tops. Sounds great right? No. If you think the farmers have it bad, think again. While cooking solo you will get robbed at least every 10 minutes if you are VERY lucky. I have been robbed over 10 times in an hour. And you can bet that while the first robber mightve been cool and just took your drugs, others will take the drugs,gps,map, the battery from your phone AND your 20k$ bike just for the lols.

And if you go there with a group you have to split that money X ways so you still get less money than a farmer with a WAY higher risk.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leonardo_Beretti said:

I played pretty much all day yesterday.

There were cops parked on the side of the road EVERYWHERE in Los Santos as well as SD near the farms. There were cop cars literally just going up and down streets because they had nothing to do.

When I got pulled over, while waiting for my documents to be processed 2 other cop cars showed up and were just chilling there in addition to the cops that pulled me over.

It's ridiculous.

No comment on the reward parts of this discussion.

But....Yah the cop presence and behavior is a bit ridiculous. I was in a cab yesterday and did an "illegal" U-turn (US law it is not illegal!!).

So....2 unmarked cars followed by 2 cruises come speeding at me. I thought the 2 cops were chasing the 2 unmarked (they didn't have lights at all).

I tried to turn off their course, but they followed, so I tried to get to the side and out of the way thinking they'd fly past me in pursuit of the unmarked, instead they surround me and run me to the side yelling to pull over. I hit the curb as I did. about 6 officers jump out.

Keep in mind.... I was in a Friggin Cab, going under 79 (I know this because my cruise was set and passed a camera that didn't ticket me). And of course....give me 2 citations, for "illegal" U-turn and hitting a curb. They were rude and condescending the entire time, and had no interest in RPing with a civilian. They just wanted to speed off to their next chase or gunfight.

These cops are so hungry to get in car chases and gunfights, they act completely crazy on the roads, and have ZERO concern for regular citizens.

I do believe, the PD can and should do better.

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

But....Yah the cop presence and behavior is a bit ridiculous. I was in a cab yesterday and did an "illegal" U-turn (US law it is not illegal!!).

So....2 unmarked cars followed by 2 cruises come speeding at me. I thought the 2 cops were chasing the 2 unmarked (they didn't have lights at all).

I tried to turn off their course, but they followed, so I tried to get to the side and out of the way thinking they'd fly past me in pursuit of the unmarked, instead they surround me and run me to the side yelling to pull over. I hit the curb as I did. about 6 officers jump out.

Keep in mind.... I was in a Friggin Cab, going under 79 (I know this because my cruise was set and passed a camera that didn't ticket me). And of course....give me 2 citations, for "illegal" U-turn and hitting a curb. They were rude and condescending the entire time, and had no interest in RPing with a civilian. They just wanted to speed off to their next chase or gunfight.

These cops are so hungry to get in car chases and gunfights, they act completely crazy on the roads, and have ZERO concern for regular citizens.

I play as PD officer and honestly this has became a which hunt not to rp but just to punish someone, stop them because maybe they will try to run, this server is not relied on pure civilian rp since there is nothing else to do as free time. I don't say that it should be cops vs criminals server and no it shouldn't i just say that it makes no sense to increase law enforcement 2x when there's nothing to do for criminals/civilians.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

If you believe the way someone was conducted is wrong you can file boh an IC and OOC IA report on the situation and it will be investigated, nothing will change if people complain but don't bother to report.

Additionally, this past weekend was when the LSSD opened and we had quite a few units on, it is expected with the summertime coming as well as it being a weekend, but this amount of units on is definitely not something that is ''normal''.

41 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

If you believe the way someone was conducted is wrong you can file boh an IC and OOC IA report on the situation and it will be investigated, nothing will change if people complain but don't bother to report.

Additionally, this past weekend was when the LSSD opened and we had quite a few units on, it is expected with the summertime coming as well as it being a weekend, but this amount of units on is definitely not something that is ''normal''.

Or.....PD can look at their own operations and talk to civilians? See if they can improve? 

It shouldn't take formal complaints and people rioting in the streets for Cops to self-examine what they are doing.

They are there to protect and serve. Not harass and bully.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kyle White Raven said:

unknown.png You must be on at the wrong times then. Also +1 to the suggestion.

Edited by Ethan Turner

7 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

Or.....PD can look at their own operations and talk to civilians? See if they can improve? 

It shouldn't take formal complaints and people rioting in the streets for Cops to self-examine what they are doing.

They are there to protect and serve. Not harass and bully.

I don't disagree with you in theory, but this isn't pragmatic, very rarely will people do something and then think to themselves ''what I just did is bad I should stop''. Formal complaints are how you deal with these situations, otherwise, everyone in the server should know how to play and RP and there would never be any rule breaks ever, but we know this isn't true and sometimes the way to punish/inform the person breaking the rules is by reporting.

Not only that but it serves as a way to create a paper trail about a certain faction. How do I know that you are telling the truth? It's a valid question and although I don't personally think you are lying, from an outside perspective it looks like someone complaining but not reporting, which can lead people to speculate about the validity of the claim. 

Staff and High Command can't change things why quoting X,Y and Z person with no evidence. However, if they look at 10 reports of officers acting in a way that isn't appropriate then that is something tangible that can be used as proof to change something. Do you disagree?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.