Balastas

Increase reward for criminals

I believe it's a plethora of issues stacked on top of each other that caused the feelings mentioned above. None of the below bullet points are bad changes, and they all improve the quality of server in my opinion. However, stacking all on top in such a short succession has caused a bit of a lopsided balance swing in my personal opinion. I try to imagine it like a Grandfather clock. The pendulum was swinging too far in the crim side, and now it's swung too far in the other direction. We want it to sit in the middle somewhere. However, "the middle" is a rather subjective term, and I'm not sure where that is.

1. - Decrease in welfare
  2. - A increase in living costs due to food/water/gps/maps
  3. - A second increase in living costs due to player owned stores, and the general cost increase of many items in player owned stores.
  4. - Reduction in crime due to increased sentencing (this is purely anecdotal, I don't have any evidence to back this up)
  5. - Increase in police presence? (I'm not sure if this is an actual increase, or just that police have less things to occupy their time vs before.)

I believe the combination of all of these things has made it extremely hard to RP as a criminal. To me, the risk vs. reward feels misaligned. I feel like I have to choose between RP, or out grinding for money. Many of us have gone to legal jobs because it's extremely hard to survive without them.

I can only speak from my own personal experiences, but I know for us (the people I am around), most of our RP is non-monetary. So we have to decide, do we want to RP, or do we want to grind? Most of us choose to RP, which has led to many of us just barely getting by. If that is the goal, and it may be, then everything is working as intended.

Beyond the aforementioned changes, the feeling of increased law enforcement (whether real or imaginary), as well as the increase in sentencing, has also caused us to require more people to do the same actions (more lookouts, security, runners, etc). Due to this, criminal activities are split among more people, which results in less pay for everyone involved yet the risk of jail is increased.

When we go to jail and/or prison, we earn nothing. The time we spend committing criminal activities should take this into account. Fishing, trucking, or even most Faction jobs shouldn't pay the same or more, than criminal activity as these individuals do not risk their freedom at their day-to-day jobs. Sentencing is something that is taken into account with criminals in the real world, we should be forced to take it into account now as well.

But if I'm going to make more money as a mechanic, and barely get by as a crim, even if crim is where my heart is as RP. Feeling "forced" to do something, or play a certain way, feels discouraging. Hopefully the next patch will give us more things to do, and bring the pendulum a bit more back to center.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I never see cops in the City and have no problem with the new LEO faction. It's logical for County RP and the wide map. Not to mention there are 250+ people on and only 30 or so of them are EMS or LSPD. That makes 200 other people that I can assure you are all criminals aside from a few bundles of couriers, farmers and fishermen. I'm returning home from a camping trip , what changed in the criminal system in the last 72 hours?.  Was the value of all the drugs you process depreciated?, is chop shop or processing tables have supply spawn time changes?. What specifically is changing for criminals in San Andreas other than the Sheriff's Department being created?. I personally think that processing, smuggling drugs and committing crime should be anxiety inducing. Not because you could just get robbed and or killed..-.. but because you could get pulled over and arrested. IMO I don't see a lot of cops as it is unless I'm in a hot spot, and the creation of a new Law Enforcement Faction is not that intimidating or balance changing in my eyes. But that's just me. If there has been some serious script or payout change with a recent update in the last few days I will stand corrected, but other than that the SD is not that big of a deal for criminal balance and crime statistics.

Y9se02v.png

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

This is entirely what's wrong with the server and also another reason IMO that the presence of more law enforcement is not a bad thing. 

Edited by James_McNulty

On 7/13/2019 at 7:12 PM, Balastas said:

But with another official faction coming in town LSSD which in my opinion is certainly unnecessary I feel there is no spot for criminals in this server.

I think this suggestion is certainly unnecessary.

Perhaps if the criminal factions didn't insist on holding each other's hands, the server would be more interesting?

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:15 AM, GOAT said:

Perhaps if the criminal factions didn't insist on holding each other's hands, the server would be more interesting?

Yeah why is that? It seems like every faction work together or atleast with 2 or 3 other gangs? 

Wouldnt it be more fun rp if they worked for them self and were rivals? 

And OnT, theres alot of ways to make criminal money in a server rp wise, it dosent have to be scripted in. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:15 PM, GOAT said:

I think this is sort of off topic. The point he is making here at the moment is that cooking drugs and risking going to jail for several hours yields on average less than fishing... its just... not worth it to be a criminal. I am all for long sentences and lots of police... I feel the police should be at an advantage.... but knowing that they are at an advantage people IRL dont choose crime because they think its "super fun" they choose crime because one big score means they sit pretty... it is a gamble with your time life etc... right now it is not treated that way, it is treated the same as your average job which if selling meth only got you as much as a minimum wage job, people wouldnt sell meth...

On 7/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, GOAT said:

I'm just curious GOAT im not saying this to be a dick, but do you have a criminal character ?

Increase rewards by 20% across the board for store robberies and drug manufacturing (50% for chop). As of right now with competition between police and other criminals makes most crimes slower than legit jobs, which doesn't make sense in a risk vs reward aspect.

Or nerf civilian job payouts. 

Edited by Johhnie_Everdeen

Still tons of calls during peak times, often times a lot go un answered.
Additional units arriving on a traffic stop, perhaps they were in a pursuit 10mins ago with a similar vehicle. 
Cost of living, all I can say is as a store owner, my prices are equal to or less then that of the old store prices, you just need to find the store.

I hate to say it but criminals shouldn't all be driving around 400k $ cars and running about with 15aks in reserve. This is just an indicator that criminals have money, and a bunch of it.

As cops, sheriffs don't purchase guns, or accumulate fines, we often have a lot of liquid funds. ( I have personally put in over 3million from my own wallet into giveaways for general population.) Hosted events, and so on. 

Rewards for criminals, your reward is the RP, same as the reward for cops, sheriffs or medics. As we can't transfer money around we buy a nice car, nice house then throw our money into silly things... like giving to new players or events etc.

You shouldn't be here to grind $$, your here to rp, be that as a cop, a sheriff, paramedic, corrections officer, trucker, car thief, or gang member. You didn't come to an rp server to grind money, you came for RP and fun... if you want money in GTA... play online!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jbacon said:

Still tons of calls during peak times, often times a lot go un answered.
Additional units arriving on a traffic stop, perhaps they were in a pursuit 10mins ago with a similar vehicle. 
Cost of living, all I can say is as a store owner, my prices are equal to or less then that of the old store prices, you just need to find the store.

I hate to say it but criminals shouldn't all be driving around 400k $ cars and running about with 15aks in reserve. This is just an indicator that criminals have money, and a bunch of it.

As cops, sheriffs don't purchase guns, or accumulate fines, we often have a lot of liquid funds. ( I have personally put in over 3million from my own wallet into giveaways for general population.) Hosted events, and so on. 

Rewards for criminals, your reward is the RP, same as the reward for cops, sheriffs or medics. As we can't transfer money around we buy a nice car, nice house then throw our money into silly things... like giving to new players or events etc.

You shouldn't be here to grind $$, your here to rp, be that as a cop, a sheriff, paramedic, corrections officer, trucker, car thief, or gang member. You didn't come to an rp server to grind money, you came for RP and fun... if you want money in GTA... play online!

You are right, RP is what we came here for. However saying criminals have 400k cars being evidence of them making good money is a fallacy. You can make that much money afk in 300 hours of play, also thats assuming you do NOTHING also most of them drive a 240k vehicle so that number is even smaller... and lastly and this is really important, most of them are making their money doing legal jobs, which is counter to RP for criminals but it is really their only option. I am not a criminal, but I have been there, and being safely sitting on a lot, or in intake and making more than a person who is risking their life to make drugs makes no sense.... Criminals should be big risk big reward, and yes some calls shouldnt be responded to... cops are not supposed to catch every criminal... this is not "be a cop" simulator They do crime and take a risk, if they dont get caught they should be adequately rewarded, right now you are better off fishing than being a criminal... and that just doesnt jive...

16 hours ago, Jbacon said:

This guy knows whats up! 

Yet again theres plenty of ways to make money that is not scripted in. Maybe you not good enough as a criminal? Not every body on the server can be rich and top og. 

18 hours ago, Pon said:

This guy knows whats up! 

Yet again theres plenty of ways to make money that is not scripted in. Maybe you not good enough as a criminal? Not every body on the server can be rich and top og. 

I think the problem for me (again not as a criminal) but as somebody who tried being a criminal before, is that the feeling is there... How am I supposed to FEEL compelled to do crime when I know that fisherman and farmers are making more wealth than me. The script money and stuff are there to support the feeling of jobs... but the current system would have a poor dockworker living in a hollywood hills mansion and a criminal moving pounds of cocaine living in a hotel room.... it just doent make sense... criminals are supposed to have lots of money for the risk they take, and high jailtime if they get caught... but we dont wont that?

45 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

I think the problem for me (again not as a criminal) but as somebody who tried being a criminal before, is that the feeling is there... How am I supposed to FEEL compelled to do crime when I know that fisherman and farmers are making more wealth than me. The script money and stuff are there to support the feeling of jobs... but the current system would have a poor dockworker living in a hollywood hills mansion and a criminal moving pounds of cocaine living in a hotel room.... it just doent make sense... criminals are supposed to have lots of money for the risk they take, and high jailtime if they get caught... but we dont wont that?

Not going to lie, it does feel odd funding an entire armory of 20+ guns all from fishing money roflmao. But the economy is the way it is. And not to mention processing is sadly more of a robbery scene than a drug processing RP scene these days. Who would want to go there when they can just casually fish and listen to music while doing it and not die?. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.