Shorty

JailRP Is the best RP, change my mind

This seems a reliable, unbiased discussion about the prison times. No doubt the usual suspects will post their rhetoric.

Let's face it, arbitary screenshots or not, you still almost certainly did something to deserve that time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

This seems a reliable, unbiased discussion about the prison times. No doubt the usual suspects will post their rhetoric.

Let's face it, arbitary screenshots or not, you still almost certainly did something to deserve that time.

Well of course its biased. Its coming from the ones getting to actually "experience" jail. I don't really know what i experienced though as i could've sat and stored at a dot in my own wall for 5½ hours and it would have had the same effect. I didn't see nor hear anyone since i arrived to the time i left. Much RP fun RP.

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Technically, you did. No one forced you to carry more than one weapon, and in real life you'd be charged like that as well. 

You don't know that and even if he was forced to hold em, PD wouldn't care one bit so don't act like it. Also if this was real life half the force of PD wouldn't be PD with the way they handle themselves.

Heres a little video for you boys. Police know they can do w.e they want because no one takes anything to IA and if they do it takes way too long to process. This is why most cops are just running rampant like the biggest gang on the server.

https://plays.tv/video/5d2475a3c48b0e7753/the-great-pd

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Well of course its biased. Its coming from the ones getting to actually "experience" jail. I don't really know what i experienced though as i could've sat and stored at a dot in my own wall for 5½ hours and it would have had the same effect. I didn't see nor hear anyone since i arrived to the time i left. Much RP fun RP.

You don't know that and even if he was forced to hold em, PD wouldn't care one bit so don't act like it. Also if this was real life half the force of PD wouldn't be PD with the way they handle themselves.

Heres a little video for you boys. Police know they can do w.e they want because no one takes anything to IA and if they do it takes way too long to process. This is why most cops are just running rampant like the biggest gang on the server.

Same thing happened to me with that cop he added reckless operation and grand theft auto and felony when I wasn't even driving.

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Whether it may seem annoying, out of touch, or passive-aggressive, all of the points the officer listed are correct. 

1. The officers did not say that they didn't have evidence. Officers do not have to share the incriminating evidence with you. They definitely had evidence or seen the crime being committed or you wouldn't be under arrest.

2. You could take this to IA if you didn't commit the crime. If the officers arrested you just to frame you or something, that would fall under breaking faction rules (OOC corruption). 

3. Self explanatory

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

So we are ASSUMING that an individual has done something wrong and put a million charges on because of it? Nice.

Edited by Fuz

20 minutes ago, heartgg said:

Whether it may seem annoying, out of touch, or passive-aggressive, all of the points the officer listed are correct. 

1. The officers did not say that they didn't have evidence. Officers do not have to share the incriminating evidence with you. They definitely had evidence or seen the crime being committed or you wouldn't be under arrest.

2. You could take this to IA if you didn't commit the crime. If the officers arrested you just to frame you or something, that would fall under breaking faction rules (OOC corruption). 

3. Self explanatory

Many officers on scene who had no clue what was going on. I at first was being told of multiple charges that i did not do only to have another officer come in and correct that officer.

I will take 1 of the said charges that i was most mad about. Armed robbery. Cameras was broken and everything RP'd correctly no officer witnessed me on scene robbing anything. The store in question is not the store you see in the background. So obviously hes lying out his ass as there was no evidence.

Also about IA reports why would i as a criminal be running around wearing a go-pro to record IC footage? What kind of dumbass criminal goes around recording every crime they do.

Next little quirk. I got shot by the officers for pointing my gun at them which is fair. But why the hell do they announce themselves like some robbers? "PUT YOUR HANDS UP I WONT SAY IT AGAIN" I didn't even notice it was a cop so i just reacted by instinct. Why don't they yell "LSPD" or some shit like that.

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

i don't think anyone is reasonably disagreeing with you. The arguments that have been spoken about in the last 2 weeks are about how shit the update is for criminals. Because let's face it. It is. There is nothing for criminals to do in prison, and they removed the sentence cap and ability to afk.

>Add mining

>Add poker in prison

>Mine 10 minutes to get 20seconds off your sentence

Woah dude, let's remove the sentencing cap so people can go away for many, many hours and be bored out of their fucking mind 

Related image

The update does not add enough RP to justify an unlimited sentence. most people cant be fucked to mine for a long ass time only to remove a trivial amount of time off of their sentence. inb4 "hurrrr durrr, make your own rp in prison xD"

On 7/7/2019 at 6:39 PM, gohena said:

havent logged in so i can't get jailed jokes on yall!

Big mood.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

This is such a toxic attitude to bring to the discussion. So we're not allowed to raise points about how prison is failing to live up to its promise as being a place to rp in because our characters have been imprisoned? What sort of logic is that; we're literally the only people actually qualified to talk about the prison experience. 

I'll one up a simple "arbitrary" screenshot, how about an arbitrary video instead? 

38 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Many officers on scene who had no clue what was going on. I at first was being told of multiple charges that i did not do only to have another officer come in and correct that officer.

I will take 1 of the said charges that i was most mad about. Armed robbery. Cameras was broken and everything RP'd correctly no officer witnessed me on scene robbing anything. The store in question is not the store you see in the background. So obviously hes lying out his ass as there was no evidence.

Also about IA reports why would i as a criminal be running around wearing a go-pro to record IC footage? What kind of dumbass criminal goes around recording every crime they do.

Next little quirk. I got shot by the officers for pointing my gun at them which is fair. But why the hell do they announce themselves like some robbers? "PUT YOUR HANDS UP I WONT SAY IT AGAIN" I didn't even notice it was a cop so i just reacted by instinct. Why don't they yell "LSPD" or some shit like that.

IA reports can be OOC as well. I'm saying that if you don't commit a crime and you're under arrest, you can make a report even if the footage was OOC. 

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Also, Nice meme. 

Can we not say the same for you? If you are PD/Legal you do not have to deal with any of these consequences, you just send their ass in jail, and in an hour you will forget all about them, meanwhile they're the ones who have to sit in there and keep themselves occupied for 5+hours. Little to no RP or interaction from DOC. No daily routine, no nothing. 

You are also posting your usual rhetoric. You are not the one that has to keep yourself occupied for 5+hours with nothing to do. You toss their ass in jail, throw away the key and thats where it ends for you. People come on the server to have fun, this is a fucking game. They are not looking to come onto the server to be bored for over 5hours, this is not fun, this is not RP.Might as well just play an entertaining single player game at that point rather than sit in a chair and /afkmath every time it pops up. 

>Come home from a day's work

>Forget you got put in jail yesterday before logging off

>Log onto ECRP to relax after work and have fun

>Realize you are in prison and have 5 hours left

>Mine for 10minutes and realize its fucking pointless and boring

>watch youtube/netflix on one screen and afkmath on the other due to the complete lack of RP in prison

>3/5hours completed before logging off to do chores, work, etc.

>Realize you gotta do the same tomorrow

Related image

This is the RP i was looking forward to when they announced the increase to prison times

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, heartgg said:

IA reports can be OOC as well. I'm saying that if you don't commit a crime and you're under arrest, you can make a report even if the footage was OOC. 

I did not know that as far as i've heard OOC dont count much in a IA report. But who am i to say i haven't tried. But from the sounds of other people and people i met IC it does jack all most the time and the process time is mad long.

4 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

Also, Nice meme. 

Can we not say the same for you? If you are PD/Legal you do not have to deal with any of these consequences, you just send their ass in jail, and in an hour you will forget all about them, meanwhile they're the ones who have to sit in there and keep themselves occupied for 5+hours. Little to no RP or interaction from DOC. No daily routine, no nothing. 

You are also posting your usual rhetoric. You are not the one that has to keep yourself occupied for 5+hours with nothing to do. You toss their ass in jail, throw away the key and thats where it ends for you. People come on the server to have fun, this is a fucking game. They are not looking to come onto the server to be bored for over 5hours, this is not fun, this is not RP.Might as well just play an entertaining single player game at that point rather than sit in a chair and /afkmath every time it pops up. 

>Come home from a day's work

>Forget you got put in jail yesterday before logging off

>Log onto ECRP to relax after work and have fun

>Realize you are in prison and have 5 hours left

>Mine for 10minutes and realize its fucking pointless and boring

>watch youtube/netflix on one screen and afkmath on the other due to the complete lack of RP in prison

>3/5hours completed before logging off to do chores, work, etc.

>Realize you gotta do the same tomorrow

This is the RP i was looking forward to when they announced the increase to prison times

If we are PD/Legal, we have to operate within the law no matter what. You put yourself out there when you decide to be a criminal but it's purely your choice.
You said it yourself, after an hour i've forgot all about you so why is keeping you entertained my problem? I'm not DOC and i'm not a fellow inmate.

See, I think people like you and actually probably a number of the criminals in this server are so used to the safety blanket of two hour prison sentences and it's spoilt you. Now that you have actual consequences for your actions, you can't handle it. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

This is a game but there are winners and losers. Your aim is to do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. My aim is to stop you from doing those things if they are illegal. If you avoid prison, you win. If you go to prison, I win.

I can understand that you'd like me to empathise with your situation but what about the miners that get robbed or the people that get murdered? I doubt your thinking about their fun when you're ruining their time on the server. But that's how it goes. 

The strong pick on the weak. You only have a problem with that when someone else is the farmer with the shotgun and you're the rabbit.

You want RP in the prison? You and your FeelsChromosomeMan buddies need to be creating it. Don't look to DOC or PD for the answer to your problems, we can't roleplay for you. If the sum of your efforts in jail is watching Netflix and doing the afkmath, then you're the problem, not us.

• PogU 1