gyrhnr

Prison Sentence FULL INFO + PD OPEN BOOK

Prison sentencing should contain FULL INFORMATION on what law's you broke ,who added the charges, time and date, if wanted than who added what charge and when, costs and fees etc.

There needs to be an open book for PD complaints where everyone can openly see complaints with proof and if accepted what action has been taken against it.

If prison sentences do not have a maximum time limit ,than it is only fair for civilians to openly see each action taken against them.

• Like 2

Honestly, I would love to see something along the lines of mugshots and processed criminal information. I know that RPly you go through the booking process already. I think it would be nice to have a place where this is posted. It would add to immersion, make the booking process more integrated, and also give civilians public information on known or even wanted criminals/terrorists.

5 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

Honestly, I would love to see something along the lines of mugshots and processed criminal information. I know that RPly you go through the booking process already. I think it would be nice to have a place where this is posted. It would add to immersion, make the booking process more integrated, and also give civilians public information on known or even wanted criminals/terrorists.

Its already there, but it's just for PD only: 74d81bfd2317b8cfc8ee090240ed0f42.png
It contains exactly what you mention aswell, even more. 

Is what you are looking for some sort of public wanted list?

Just now, Yputi said:

Its already there, but it's just for PD only: 74d81bfd2317b8cfc8ee090240ed0f42.png
It contains exactly what you mention aswell, even more. 

Is what you are looking for some sort of public wanted list?

I think some sort of public list would be nice for all parties. It would give civilians a place to refer to wanted/known criminals and also give criminals some "ground" to stand on if they are overcharged. It could also tie really nicely into a the judicial system (whenever we get one). I also think it would really cool for DOC - like imagine a 911 call from a civilian regarding a wanted terrorist that prompts special units to act.

No. 

When I get put into prison , ALL I see is : $12345 , Seconds : 1234.

I want to see each charge separately and time given for those charges separately. I also want to know who placed the charges and when, and no ,i don't want to ask PD for my record as last time I did the guy was like "I won't read you all of these" so thank you very much.

• Like 1

Just now, gyrhnr said:

No. 

I want to see each charge separately and time given for those charges separately. I also want to know who placed the charges and when, and no ,i don't want to ask PD for my record as last time I did the guy was like "I won't read you all of these" so thank you very much.

well, I am not sure if thats your own mistake or not to refuse to make use of the option to do this. Sorry, but when I used to be on desk duty a lot I took my time to do that.

3 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

I think some sort of public list would be nice for all parties. It would give civilians a place to refer to wanted/known criminals and also give criminals some "ground" to stand on if they are overcharged. It could also tie really nicely into a the judicial system (whenever we get one). I also think it would really cool for DOC - like imagine a 911 call from a civilian regarding a wanted terrorist that prompts special units to act.

This is also a thing aswell. We do have a warrants list and special units that can respond to certain type of calls. The list is just not public.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

This is also a thing aswell. We do have a warrants list and special units that can respond to certain type of calls. The list is just not public.

Perhaps with a judicial system these lists can go public. One can only hope 🙂

I agree. If you get prisoned, RPly you would've went through trial where all of this would've been open information.

You should get told what charges you got given, and by which officer, time and date. 

+1

The thing about complaints, that's private for a reason. In real life too. You can not see complaints other people made.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

No. 

That's more than likely a side effect of the people that love to come in and have cadets read them all 300 of their past charges.  That was a big troll thing back when I first joined PD, unsure if it's still that way.  They should be telling you what you are being charged with during the arresting process though, that's in the procedures.

As far as reading it off to you anyway, if it's for an IA report I believe if you specify that they will be more than willing even with a collection of 30 charges or so.  Or at least I would.  I'm not too keen on having my time wasted by the gents that do it just to flex their peen (excuse my bluntness) or waste resources though.

edit: alternatively just do what Reefer said heh

Edited by Taedolf

Well you could email the Police HR department or any Police Supervisor or above on our website which is just a forum PM. And request a copy of your record. Just attach a screenshot of your /license to show it's actually you and I'm sure there would be no issue in getting the information sent to you. It would need to be done properly and IC though.

Unless marked with ((OOC)) brackets all our forum PM's are IC emails.

That said, I wouldn't mind people being able to view only their own records at the same place they pay tickets or whatever.

As for complaints. They will always be private between the person making the complaint and Internal Affairs. That won't be public.

Edited by MReefer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.